Australia on fire🔥😷

12345679»

Comments

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    pretty much sums it up.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    goldrush said:
    Our power went out around 4pm on Sunday (it’s 7.45am on Monday now for the non-Aus!). There’s not much natural light in our place due to the trees so it’s been pretty much dark inside since 5pm. My son is loving the candles and torchlight! At least the torrential rain has stopped for now, and the trees are still standing.
    It could be a lot worse, there’s a tropical cyclone hitting WA...
    And a cyclone hitting new Caledonia on the eastern side.

egads!  What next?  Be safe, Aussie friends!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    Our power went out around 4pm on Sunday (it’s 7.45am on Monday now for the non-Aus!). There’s not much natural light in our place due to the trees so it’s been pretty much dark inside since 5pm. My son is loving the candles and torchlight! At least the torrential rain has stopped for now, and the trees are still standing.

This place just cannot catch a break at the moment! Although, our area hasn't been hit that hard compared to a lot of other places.
    I hope you're safe @rhanishane
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

This place just cannot catch a break at the moment! Although, our area hasn't been hit that hard compared to a lot of other places.
    I hope you're safe @rhanishane
    Yes all good here thank you. Safe to say the drought has broken where I am 🙌
    one extreme to the next.. currently copping weather from a cyclone off the east coast now and I'm on the midcoast. At least my yard is no longer dirt 😳
  • Fantastic! So glad you all are getting some respite from the smoke and relief from the drought as well.  
    Fantastic! So glad you all are getting some respite from the smoke and relief from the drought as well.  
    It's been 6 months of hell and unfortunately pretty much every green patch on this map of NSW has already burnt through since September last year with the remaining fires to the south all now contained. Cyclone uesi is now a Low pressure system hugging our east coast causing more flooding and inundation but nature is bouncing back. The wildlife however has taken a massive hit and ecosystems may change because of it.

• So devastating!!  I can hardly fathom the enormity of the destruction...so sorry...peace and love to you...
    This is my home and popular Australian vet and tv series Dr. Harry. These are the koalas from my hometown area rescued after the devastating fires here 
    https://www.facebook.com/211914671659/posts/10158124009876660/
  • Darn not  on fb...hopefully these are better times ahead...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420
    Darn not  on fb...hopefully these are better times ahead...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Awesome...thank you for sharing!
    edited February 2020
    Sorry non Facebook users I can't find the footage elsewhere.
    This is the comparison 2 months on from the conjola fires in southern nsw. Nature springing back to life after the rains.. hopefully the animals will come back in time too. That's the saddest thing of all the death of so many animals.. 
    https://www.facebook.com/354115391435898/posts/1449058895274870/