• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Bueno...

Nice, mine came today also.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    edited February 2020
    Double music happiness arrived yesterday:

Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3's amazing Northern Aggression

And this intriguing record, 3 x 4 by The Bangles, The Three O'Clock, The Dream Syndicate and Rain Parade.  In the title, the 4 means four bands and the 3 means each band plays three songs- one each of an original from the other three bands.  Paisley Underground heaven!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    That Gish reissue is pretty damn good. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    That Gish reissue is pretty damn good. 
    Only have a bootleg copy up till now so should be a big improvement

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    question on used titles. musty smells on covers. How best to get rid of most if not all of that odor without damage to covers?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    question on used titles. musty smells on covers. How best to get rid of most if not all of that odor without damage to covers?
    I've tried a couple of similar methods with musty books and musty LP jackets.  Both involve standing them up in a heavy duty plastic bag fanned open (in the case of an LP, with the insert side propped open with a small slat of wood), and putting either unscented kitty litter in the bottom of the bag, or a couple of boxes of "Fridge-in-Freezer" Arm and Hammer baking soda, and then sealing the bag up tight, and leaving it be for at least a few weeks.  That almost always help but rarely completely takes the scent away.  In one case, it was so bad I had the album cover photocopied at 100% resolution and then pasted the photocopy of the jacket on a blank LP jacket before tossing the original cover in the recycling bin.

I would love to hear if anyone knows of anything that works better.  Musty smells are stubborn!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

mickeyrat said:

Wow, nice batch of LPs there and great prices!  Hendrix in the West is one of my favorite live Jimi's.  Nice finds!

• My god where did you find a Budgie album?!?  Muthaluvin Breadfan is an amazing song by them!
  • jimcsotjimcsot Western Massachusetts Posts: 39

• jimcsot said:

Is that a Ty Segall album?
    Yes! Slaughterhouse. Just picked up the 10” pressing. Saw him in Brooklyn a few months back, he played Manipulator front to back. Killer stuff.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2020

My god where did you find a Budgie album?!?  Muthaluvin Breadfan is an amazing song by them!
    I couldn’t believe it either! At a little record shop right here in Calgary. Breadfan is the first track. Honestly I bought the album just for that song but the whole record is fantastic.
    The record itself doesn’t sound great... really have to crank it up. Going to keep looking to find more Budgie.  Talked her down to $15 for it as the sleeve is in pretty rough shape.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    What I've gotten over the last few months.  That's The Cure Torn Down Remixes and not Mixed Up.

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • jimcsot said:
    Yes! Slaughterhouse. Just picked up the 10” pressing. Saw him in Brooklyn a few months back, he played Manipulator front to back. Killer stuff.
    Oh shit.  At Warsaw?  I completely forgot a bout those shows.

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    And this just arrived!  Only one i was missing. No cover but this was the only way I was ever gonna complete the singles at a super cheap price 

jimcsot said:
    The show was at Brooklyn Steel, nice venue the crowd was insane. Heads up, Fuzz is coming around soon and Ty is touring with the Freedom band, as well.

Melt your face right off of your head!
  • jimcsot said:
    jimcsot said:
    The show was at Brooklyn Steel, nice venue the crowd was insane. Heads up, Fuzz is coming around soon and Ty is touring with the Freedom band, as well.

Melt your face right off of your head!
    Fuzz is touring?!?  TY!!!

So I missed out on the residency he did at Warsaw.  I hate Brooklyn Steel w a passion so don't care about that but I do care that he played a killer album from front to back!
    edited February 2020
    purchased , waiting to ship

Post edited by mickeyrat on

So I missed out on the residency he did at Warsaw.  I hate Brooklyn Steel w a passion so don't care about that but I do care that he played a killer album from front to back!
    What don’t you like about Brooklyn Steel? First time I had been, but I thought it was a nice setup. Do you like Thee Oh Sees? They’re also touring soon. Cheers.
  • jimcsot said:
    What don’t you like about Brooklyn Steel? First time I had been, but I thought it was a nice setup. Do you like Thee Oh Sees? They’re also touring soon. Cheers.
    Yes Love the Oh Sees.  Will see them at Webster Hall.

Brooklyn Steel seems to attract assholes.  I threw a guy that was a drunken douche bothering my girlfriend, had a drunk girl start a fight right next to me when I was on the rail, this last time there started off bad then we met a fantastic couple that hung w us so I still have hope for that venue...
  • Just got The Roots from VMP.