Donald Trump

Comments

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    There's a trailer on IMDB.com...I haven't seen that one. I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Breaking news....

The currently elected president is an immature,  narcissistic, petulant, paranoid, spoiled, vindictive, tantrum throwing child.
    this news broke when he went down that escalator with Plastic Fantastic on his arm.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Breaking news....

The currently elected president is an immature,  narcissistic, petulant, paranoid, spoiled, vindictive, tantrum throwing child.
    this news broke when he went down that escalator with Plastic Fantastic on his arm.
    Plastic Fantastic - that's awesome. I'll add that to my rotating list of names for her. I mostly refer to her as Floozy FLOTUS or Melanomia Trump, but Plastic Fantasic is accurate.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:
    Many of the comments were bewildering. There were comments challenging the notion that Trump lies. People asking for even a single example of a Trump lie! The denial is strong with those TrumpHumpers. Or maybe it's cognitive dissonance. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • rgambs said:
    Typical response around here but I found the article interesting. Though I didn’t bring myself to do it, I myself considered attending a Trump rally in 2016 as a sort of sociological experiment. Just to see what the vibe was. Is everyone just brainwashed and think he’s all-knowing? Do they laugh when he says ridiculous bullshit? What are the demographics of the attendees? What type of live performer (because it’s all performance art anyway) is Trump and how is he pulling this off? All worthwhile questions to ask. 

Or you can skip trying to understand the phenomenon and just dismiss them all as racist hillbillies. That’s worked real well over the past four years. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    rgambs said:
    Typical response around here but I found the article interesting. Though I didn’t bring myself to do it, I myself considered attending a Trump rally in 2016 as a sort of sociological experiment. Just to see what the vibe was. Is everyone just brainwashed and think he’s all-knowing? Do they laugh when he says ridiculous bullshit? What are the demographics of the attendees? What type of live performer (because it’s all performance art anyway) is Trump and how is he pulling this off? All worthwhile questions to ask. 

Or you can skip trying to understand the phenomenon and just dismiss them all as racist hillbillies. That’s worked real well over the past four years. 
    I read it and found it mildly interesting but much too long.  Regardless,  the conclusion is completely flawed.  She's sure the Democrats will be trounced whoever they put up after spending four hours with the most die hard Trump supporters? If she went to a Bernie rally,  would the conclusion be any different but for Bernie?  She thought she was in a liberal bubble but she simply relocated to a different one. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:

I read it and found it mildly interesting but much too long.  Regardless,  the conclusion is completely flawed.  She's sure the Democrats will be trounced whoever they put up after spending four hours with the most die hard Trump supporters? If she went to a Bernie rally,  would the conclusion be any different but for Bernie?  She thought she was in a liberal bubble but she simply relocated to a different one. 
    Yeah I agree. Very long, and you don’t need to attend a Trump rally to know how fucked the Dems are. Just watch them on TV. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:

Yeah I agree. Very long, and you don’t need to attend a Trump rally to know how fucked the Dems are. Just watch them on TV. 
    Hardly.  This was the talking point in 16 with the Republicans.  They had no chance,  their candidates are terrible, etc. The media and by extension the heavy consumers of news over react constantly.  Let the party nominate and don't damage anyone too badly and the narrative will change again. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:

Hardly.  This was the talking point in 16 with the Republicans.  They had no chance,  their candidates are terrible, etc. The media and by extension the heavy consumers of news over react constantly.  Let the party nominate and don't damage anyone too badly and the narrative will change again. 
    I’m not going by talking points or narratives. Just how I feel. I think the Dems have been constantly shooting themselves in the foot over the past four years, and as a political party, are way worse off now than they were then.  

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:

I’m not going by talking points or narratives. Just how I feel. I think the Dems have been constantly shooting themselves in the foot over the past four years, and as a political party, are way worse off now than they were then.  
    This how one feels when there isn't a unifying leader.  
    rgambs said:

It starts out with a knitting enthusiast lamenting the cancel culture touching the biggest "knitting stars" on Instagram
    How is that not hilarious??? 
    edited February 2020
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

It starts out with a knitting enthusiast lamenting the cancel culture touching the biggest "knitting stars" on Instagram
    That was pretty hilarious. But the premise of crashing a Trump rally out of morbid curiosity does interest me because I’ve thought of doing it myself. Like studying an actual cult from the inside...without the possibility of being killed for it doing it.

(Let me guess. There WOULD be a possibility of me being killed for doing it because they’re all gun toting nutjubs.)

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'm glad this fucker takes the weekends off. 

Jesus Christ.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

That was pretty hilarious. But the premise of crashing a Trump rally out of morbid curiosity does interest me because I’ve thought of doing it myself. Like studying an actual cult from the inside...without the possibility of being killed for it doing it.

(Let me guess. There WOULD be a possibility of me being killed for doing it because they’re all gun toting nutjubs.)
    The even more hilarious part is that this supposed Democrat is seduced by the "rock show" vibe of the rally and falls in love with all the positivity.  As if his rants are just sunshine and rainbows articulated better than a grade schooler...
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

The even more hilarious part is that this supposed Democrat is seduced by the "rock show" vibe of the rally and falls in love with all the positivity.  As if his rants are just sunshine and rainbows articulated better than a grade schooler...
    And he wondered what the “demographics” of the attendees are. Where has he been for the past three years? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Get ready for people to be snatched off the street and disappeared. Could be your neighbor, coworker or friend. It’s happening folks. “Round ‘em up.”

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2020/02/14/border-patrol-agents-boston
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

And he wondered what the “demographics” of the attendees are. Where has he been for the past three years? 
    They only show the people standing behind Trump as he speaks. Who knows who else is in the crowd? 

But who cares right? Just a bunch of deplorable hillbillies I guess. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

They only show the people standing behind Trump as he speaks. Who knows who else is in the crowd? 

And the crowd gets panned and there’s footage of the line ups. I’m sure there are YouTube videos as well. Are you going to argue that it’s a cross representation of a diverse America? By all means, attend wearing your MAGA hat, to blend in, and report back. Maybe periscope it?

Brilliantati©
  • And yes, the attendees and supporters are deplorables. Hillbillies? Some, probably.

Brilliantati©
    edited February 2020
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

And the crowd gets panned and there’s footage of the line ups. I’m sure there are YouTube videos as well. Are you going to argue that it’s a cross representation of a diverse America? By all means, attend wearing your MAGA hat, to blend in, and report back. Maybe periscope it?
    I guess I haven’t seen as many Trump rallies as you so I haven’t seen those crowd shots. And I’m not going to argue that it’s a cross representation of America. I just don’t think they’re all deplorable. But we’ve had this conversation before so there’s no need to rehash. You think the deplorables caused the Trump presidency. I think smug liberals like yourself that look down your noses at said deplorables caused them to cause Trump. 

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

how the fuck does a knitting star get canceled? do they quote hitler as they knit?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

i can answer that one for the author.

fat, white, broke, and stupid.

rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Well, they aren't all broke lol

The average BMI though...it's pretty high from what I've seen.  Welcome to 'Merica!
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I guess I haven’t seen as many Trump rallies as you so I haven’t seen those crowd shots. And I’m not going to argue that it’s a cross representation of America. I just don’t think they’re all deplorable. But we’ve had this conversation before so there’s no need to rehash. You think the deplorables caused the Trump presidency. I think smug liberals like yourself that look down your noses at said deplorables caused them to cause Trump. 

No, Putin on the ritz caused Team Trump Treason because of some of those attributes gimmie listed and pissed off berniebrosises who thought they’d stick it to the man. I don’t need to look down my nose at them for them to be deplorables, they just are, whether I look down my nose at them or not.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Well, they aren't all broke lol

The average BMI though...it's pretty high from what I've seen.  Welcome to 'Merica!
    No thinning of that crowd
    https://mobile.twitter.com/scottpresler/status/1228061103344713728

Almost 1M views, let’s keep it up.  The left doesn’t care about people, don’t believe the lies.  Caring about people happens with action, not words.  Clean up homeless camps and give them a safe healthy alternative.  Legalizing drugs and eliminating laws is an awful stance to take and it turns our backs on our fellow Americans who need help. Clean up our liberal led cities, they’re a disgusting eyesore in an amazing country of prosperity and opportunity.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    https://mobile.twitter.com/scottpresler/status/1228061103344713728

Almost 1M views, let’s keep it up.  The left doesn’t care about people, don’t believe the lies.  Caring about people happens with action, not words.  Clean up homeless camps and give them a safe healthy alternative.  Legalizing drugs and eliminating laws is an awful stance to take and it turns our backs on our fellow Americans who need help. Clean up our liberal led cities, they’re a disgusting eyesore in an amazing country of prosperity and opportunity.
    What is it like to talk about broad generalities of people you don't know? Come to South Philly and I'll help you out with your worldview, bud.
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

You hit the nail on the head with myself and a lot of my friends.  We all voted liberal and were Dems for many elections prior to 2016.  The hate spewed by the left as well as the constant negativity and insults caused myself and many others I’ve met to vote for the other side.  One particular angry cocky individual on another forum I use regularly personally caused me to cast a vote for trump/repubs for the first time in my life.  We are all much happier and although we don’t all like Trump’s personna/tweets and his behavior, it’s obvious he’s in it for the country, is persistent in his approach, and is fixing things for minority groups and those who were talked at in the past but never actually helped.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
This discussion has been closed.