If Heterosexualism Existed, We Wouldn’t Have To Make It Up

Comments

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ^^^ I'll make sure to read all of that when I've run out of books to read.
    You posted your inane tangent in response to something you didn't even read? 

I read enough to call bullshit, yes.
    No, no you didn't. You read enough to totally misunderstand something. I guess selling books isn't the same as reading them. 

I call further bullshit.  Knock it off with the personal attacks, buddy.

Sorry. had to edit.  My arthritis sometimes makes my fingers hit the wrong fucking keys.
    Dude, you felt the need to come respond to a post that is "hey, here's an interesting article, what do you think?" with "I didn't read it, but it's bullshit." What do you expect?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

No, no you didn't. You read enough to totally misunderstand something. I guess selling books isn't the same as reading them. 

Sorry. had to edit.  My arthritis sometimes makes my finger the wrong fucking keys.
    You just called him an asshole. Also not cool, maybe it's time to take a break.

So someone starts a thread and everyone comes to shit on the thread because they don't like the OP. Nice work guys.

I haven't read the article but will post when I get the time.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Sorry. had to edit.  My arthritis sometimes makes my fingers hit the wrong fucking keys.
    Dude, you felt the need to come respond to a post that is "hey, here's an interesting article, what do you think?" with "I didn't read it, but it's bullshit." What do you expect?

What do I expect?  From you?  Well, basically bating, trolling, narcissism, antagonism.  Pretty much covers all the bases, right?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

What do I expect?  From you?  Well, basically bating, trolling, narcissism, antagonism.  Pretty much covers all the bases, right?
    You're on a thread (that I started) for the sole purpose of calling the article you didn't read bullshit. Who the fuck is trolling whom?
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Sorry. had to edit.  My arthritis sometimes makes my finger the wrong fucking keys.

So someone starts a thread and everyone comes to shit on the thread because they don't like the OP. Nice work guys.

In fairness, I did post a link from a publisher. There's a general animosity to that sort of learnin' round here. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited February 2020
    Sounds like in @brianlux bookstore, @ecdanc is not the Jullia Roberts characters.

Will read the article. Instead of responding the like first few people did on the first page.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Sounds like in @brianlux bookstore, @ecdanc is not the Jullia Roberts characters.

Will read the article. Instead of responding the like first few people did on the first page.
    Please do. It's funny!! 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

There is a new mod in town?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oh, snipes are welcomed here!  Just ask anyone :whistle:

As to the article (granted, I somewhat skimmed, as it was a difficult read and some terms and references were beyond me), it makes me curious...why does the term matter?  Someone says they're straight, fine.  Bi, gay, whatever - fine.  It doesn't matter to me, just as my romantic or sexual predilections aren't the business of others.

I'm not sure why the term itself is an issue.
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Thought I would try my hand in it since everyone else gets a shot. What do you think, do I get the job?
    ecdanc said:
    It was pretty funny, but ive never heard of Love Island. Is it really a thing?
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Thought I would try my hand in it since everyone else gets a shot. What do you think, do I get the job?
    You can feel free to send me messages that say "You've Been Warned." 
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    I guess so, just not in the US. Looks like it might be comparable to Temptation Island (is that still around)? or Bachelor in Paradise (pretty sure that one is still on). 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

R'amen brother 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

R'amen brother 
    He boiled for your sins.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

You're on a thread (that I started) for the sole purpose of calling the article you didn't read bullshit. Who the fuck is trolling whom?
    You are. Every time.  It's you.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There were 2 links in there that I really liked, they were quite good, so I will definitely go back and read through some of the others that didn't interest me on the first pass.

The piece itself was not at all to my taste, it gave me the feeling of the academic equivalent of an amateur bodybuilder flexing his/her muscles in front of a mirror so his/her friends could watch and clap.

It did have some interesting points though, if you could make it through the Ayn gRANDstanding.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Gonna go ahead and assume you didn’t read it 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    Haha, it apparently is.  And I found some of this funny as well.

Here's my confession: It took me a couple of reads before I figured out this was some sort of satire. The reason is that the OP has some (for me) pretty far out beliefs and opinions, way outside my wheelhouse. So when I started reading this I thought "here we go again". When I came to the line about "self-evidently noxious practices like marriage" I'm wondering how the OP endorses this author's work, since I believe he is in a heterosexual marriage and has offspring. And at the end, the author identifies as "a feminist committed to cyborg ecology and queer communism." I don't believe that is part of the satire, but again, way outside my wheelhouse and I am not familiar with either of those identity classifications. So I struggled to figure out if this was satire, or someone writing on a serious topic but producing a word salad. In the end I rolled the dice, considered it satire and laughed. Hope I'm laughing with them and not at them.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    rgambs said:
    There were 2 links in there that I really liked, they were quite good, so I will definitely go back and read through some of the others that didn't interest me on the first pass.

The piece itself was not at all to my taste, it gave me the feeling of the academic equivalent of an amateur bodybuilder flexing his/her muscles in front of a mirror so his/her friends could watch and clap.

It did have some interesting points though, if you could make it through the Ayn gRANDstanding.  
    What? What does Rand have to do with anything?
    jeffbr said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    Haha, it apparently is.  And I found some of this funny as well.

Here's my confession: It took me a couple of reads before I figured out this was some sort of satire. The reason is that the OP has some (for me) pretty far out beliefs and opinions, way outside my wheelhouse. So when I started reading this I thought "here we go again". When I came to the line about "self-evidently noxious practices like marriage" I'm wondering how the OP endorses this author's work, since I believe he is in a heterosexual marriage and has offspring. And at the end, the author identifies as "a feminist committed to cyborg ecology and queer communism." I don't believe that is part of the satire, but again, way outside my wheelhouse and I am not familiar with either of those identity classifications. So I struggled to figure out if this was satire, or someone writing on a serious topic but producing a word salad. In the end I rolled the dice, considered it satire and laughed. Hope I'm laughing with them and not at them.
    It’s a funny article with a serious point. 
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Gonna go ahead and assume you didn’t read it 
    I wasn't going to click your link but noticed you posted the article, so I am in the middle of reading it.  Doesn't matter though cause if this is a Brian v you thing about trolling, you are the troll for sure.  But I gotta check with the board sabermetrics owner.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Except you didn’t do this. You made an eye catching title, some might say, provocative, and posted a link. No comments from you, not even a “what do you think?” I read the article and it reads like a philosophy grad student’s essay, maybe with a little too much time on their hands to concern themselves with runny makeup and hygiene routines on a tv show I never watched nor heard of. Is this the most pressing issue to write about? Or philosophize about? Plus, it was difficult to read as it jumped  around a lot and made my eyes close and head snap.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited February 2020
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Except you didn’t do this. You made an eye catching title, some might say, provocative, and posted a link. No comments from you, not even a “what do you think?” I read the article and it reads like a philosophy grad student’s essay, maybe with a little too much time on their hands to concern themselves with runny makeup and hygiene routines on a tv show I never watched nor heard of. Is this the most pressing issue to write about? Or philosophize about? Plus, it was difficult to read as it jumped  around a lot and made my eyes close and head snap.
    It’s the title of the article FFS. 

ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

We have found more common ground.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

And other than that, you didn’t offer up any commentary. Just a title of a thread with the thread title in the posted link. FFS. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

And other than that, you didn’t offer up any commentary. Just a title of a thread with the thread title in the posted link. FFS. 
    Jesus. It’s a funny, thought-provoking little post for Valentine’s Day. I thought I was supposed to be the over-sensitive one around here. 
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Where do you publish?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

What? What does Rand have to do with anything?
    Pretty much nothing, it just reminded me of her writing style.  The almost self-congratulatory tone, like I said, it comes off very much like posing for applause.
    It's sort of a polar opposite to Rand though, the other side of the coin.  Where Rand would beat you over the head relentlessly with a thousand ways of stating the same simple idea, this writer prefers to beat around the bush a thousand ways to convey a simple idea without stating it.

But through all that, she? made some interesting and valid points, my favorite of which was that women tend to grow tired of sexual monogamy quicker and possibly to a greater degree than men.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I'll be honest, and it's not because ecdanc posted it... I really didn't find it very funny.  Some parts yes, most parts no.  But hey, we are all different and like different things. 
    hippiemom = goodness