Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience .. Postponed

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
edited March 2020 in The Porch

*google translate ..

PEARL JAM WILL PRESENT PREMIER OF ‘GIGATON’ IN CINES WORLDWIDE
By Irving Vidro

Abramorama, in collaboration with Pearl Jam, will release Pearl Jam's new album, Gigaton, at Dolby Atmos cinemas around the world on March 25.

Fans will be able to experience Pearl Jam's album in theaters, with the best sound presentation, before it is available anywhere else!

We understand that this is the first time that a band will release their new album with a global movie event for fans.

Pearl Jam has entrusted Abramorama to distribute its last 3 films and they know how impressive the content is when it is presented in cinemas around the world.

Pearl Jam has a new album titled Gigaton that will be released on March 27, it is her first new album in almost 7 years. Pearl Jam is going to release the album with its fans in cinemas around the world 2 days before it is available anywhere else. When the band mixed Gigaton in Dolby Atmos, they thought their fans would experience it in the best possible environment ... THE DOLBY ATMOS CINEMAS.

There will be visual images on the screen during the event ... even a possible introduction of Pearl Jam to be confirmed.

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    😳😳😳
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    D'oh! Won't be showing in Atlantic Canada.  :(

Dolby® introduces a powerful new listening experience for the movies, with its Dolby Atmos™ sound technology that truly envelops you and allows you to hear the whole picture!

• Dolby Atmos delivers a dramatic new listening experience in select UltraAVX® auditoriums
    • With Dolby Atmos, filmmakers can now position and move sounds precisely anywhere in a theatre, even overhead, to heighten the realism and impact of every scene.
    • Adds overhead speakers for the most realistic effects you’ve ever heard
    • Features more powerful bass & higher quality subwoofers
    • This is the way sound behaves in real life, and Dolby Atmos sound brings it to the theatre.

• Where is the list of participant cinemas? It best be in uk
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Image result for what gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

Where is the list of participant cinemas? It best be in uk
    Haven't seen any listed yet.
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    demetrios said:
    D'oh! Won't be showing in Atlantic Canada.  :(

Dolby® introduces a powerful new listening experience for the movies, with its Dolby Atmos™ sound technology that truly envelops you and allows you to hear the whole picture!

• Dolby Atmos delivers a dramatic new listening experience in select UltraAVX® auditoriums
    • With Dolby Atmos, filmmakers can now position and move sounds precisely anywhere in a theatre, even overhead, to heighten the realism and impact of every scene.
    • Adds overhead speakers for the most realistic effects you’ve ever heard
    • Features more powerful bass & higher quality subwoofers
    • This is the way sound behaves in real life, and Dolby Atmos sound brings it to the theatre.

..but a lot of fans will be in Toronto or Hamilton on the 25th still..and maybe the band will stick around to be at one of those :) Probably would do it in New York as well I guess though :(
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Going to see Guster that night and I doubt there’s a participating theatre anywhere remotely near me anyway. Cool idea though! 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    This is pretty out there but f it why not? 

See you 3/25
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I saw Star Wars Rise of Skywalker in the new Dolby theater at AMC Loews. Also when I found out A Star is Born was made using Dolby Atmos it made sense because the sound was great.
    I miss igotid88
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    This is just plain weird
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • This is just plain weird
    Is it though? Didn’t Ed premier the album at a Dolby theater to insiders. Maybe he digs the sound and wants us to be able to experience the record that way.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Do we have a list of U.S theaters where this is happening?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    This is just plain weird
    Is it though? Didn’t Ed premier the album at a Dolby theater to insiders. Maybe he digs the sound and wants us to be able to experience the record that way.
    Oh- I don’t mean that it’s weird that he wants people to hear it in Atmos sound, that makes sense. It’s weird to me to pay to go to a movie theater to listen to an album though.  Put me in a dance hall with Atmos sound, serve drinks, have a party. sure I could do that.  Sit in a dark movie theater for an hour and listen to an album though, no thanks.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    This is just plain weird
    Oh- I don’t mean that it’s weird that he wants people to hear it in Atmos sound, that makes sense. It’s weird to me to pay to go to a movie theater to listen to an album though.  Put me in a dance hall with Atmos sound, serve drinks, have a party. sure I could do that.  Sit in a dark movie theater for an hour and listen to an album though, no thanks.
    Actually...the way you describe both of those....I would take the theater.  No distractions.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This is just plain weird
    Actually...the way you describe both of those....I would take the theater.  No distractions.  
    That’s cool, I’ll be the weird one then I guess!
  • SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    wondering if there is film/footage to go along with .....

Love is all you need.....
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This is just plain weird
    haha, not weird.  I get the idea of a different atmosphere too.   To each their own.  

Usually on first listens, I hate to be in cars, listening while working, etc.  I just would rather sit in a quiet area and listen without interruptions.  A bar/dance hall would have too much of a social atmosphere. 

But those people in the theater better stfu.  :)

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Remember when they did Let's Play Two private screening with Sonos @ a few locations around the world? https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266325/lets-play-two-in-theaters-now-sonos-pearl-jam-goodies-bag-is-awesome/p10 .

• PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    45 minutes one time listening at cost of a CD forever? I kinda already have my 1st listen routine.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Radiohead’s Kid A was first released in the theatre for one night. Saw it in Toronto. Incredible experience so I would suggest not to miss this if it happens.

Everything...in it’s right place.
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    BS44325 said:
    Radiohead’s Kid A was first released in the theatre for one night. Saw it in Toronto. Incredible experience so I would suggest not to miss this if it happens.

Everything...in it’s right place.
    Were you sober in the theatre? Was it cloudy inside??
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
    85 minutes? 
    I miss igotid88
    I haven't been since last year. But in SoHo in Manhattan there's a Dolby pop up store. I'm gonna go again tomorrow
    I miss igotid88
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    igotid88 said:
    I haven't been since last year. But in SoHo in Manhattan there's a Dolby pop up store. I'm gonna go again tomorrow
    The current exhibition ends Sunday. This years top nominated films.
    https://soho.dolby.com/exhibits
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This is just plain weird
    Yeah I just imagined getting stuck next to someone who wants “Ten: Part 2” and insists on talking over the album about the shows they’ve been too and that time Ed waved at them.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    igotid88 said:
    85 minutes? 

Yes.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Color me intrigued. Any more info on which theaters?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Color me intrigued. Any more info on which theaters?
    At least for NYC I would guess AMC because they built a new Dolby theater recently.
    I miss igotid88
  • LYackyLYacky 🇨🇦 Posts: 72
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This is just plain weird
    Not weird at all. I wouldn't pay to listen to an album in a movie theatre either. Just not my cup of tea. 🤷‍♀️