Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• pjl44 said:

I need 2 tickets to Baltimore...

Been trying to come to terms with the fact that this will be an extreme longshot.  This fan-to-fan exchange is going to be EXTREMELY limited and the majority of the small number of tickets available will likely be singles.  It is hard to imagine very many folks who scored a pair of tickets to this show will later decide (or be forced to for reasons beyond their control) to say, "Nah, can't make the show."

Other than getting exceptionally lucky and scoring 2 on the fan exchange, I am trying to discern my options.  Thus far, I have only seen obnoxiously high prices on ticketing websites I have never heard of but allegedly let people sell access to their TM account for purposes of entering the show.  Even if I could come up with the money, not sure I would trust this process....

Are there any other legal and/or feasible ways of getting 2 tickets to Baltimore?  I have heard about the possibility of a "Platinum Seat" package but I don't see anything yet for this show.

Are there other options I have not considered?

Getting back to the exchange, I would pound it as soon as it opens for a day or two. Wouldn't surprise me to see pairs pop up right away. People who put in for 10C with friends and they both hit. People who grabbed VF/public tix as well as 10C and throw back whichever is "worse." Etc.

If you can wait, I predict another spike as it gets within a day or two of the show. Plans change, people flake, people give up on finding someone for their extras. Plus the holds that mpedone mentioned. Depending on how much effort you can put toward it, I think it's more likely than not that you can score tickets.

Thanks for the shot of optimism!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:

Been trying to come to terms with the fact that this will be an extreme longshot.  This fan-to-fan exchange is going to be EXTREMELY limited and the majority of the small number of tickets available will likely be singles.  It is hard to imagine very many folks who scored a pair of tickets to this show will later decide (or be forced to for reasons beyond their control) to say, "Nah, can't make the show."

Other than getting exceptionally lucky and scoring 2 on the fan exchange, I am trying to discern my options.  Thus far, I have only seen obnoxiously high prices on ticketing websites I have never heard of but allegedly let people sell access to their TM account for purposes of entering the show.  Even if I could come up with the money, not sure I would trust this process....

Are there any other legal and/or feasible ways of getting 2 tickets to Baltimore?  I have heard about the possibility of a "Platinum Seat" package but I don't see anything yet for this show.

Getting back to the exchange, I would pound it as soon as it opens for a day or two. Wouldn't surprise me to see pairs pop up right away. People who put in for 10C with friends and they both hit. People who grabbed VF/public tix as well as 10C and throw back whichever is "worse." Etc.

If you can wait, I predict another spike as it gets within a day or two of the show. Plans change, people flake, people give up on finding someone for their extras. Plus the holds that mpedone mentioned. Depending on how much effort you can put toward it, I think it's more likely than not that you can score tickets.

You bet. That's how I'd approach it if I were in your shoes. If they schedule a single show in Boston this fall, I may very well be in your shoes!
  • pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

You bet. That's how I'd approach it if I were in your shoes. If they schedule a single show in Boston this fall, I may very well be in your shoes!
    That is kind of a funny visual....like you have to wear his (or her....or them or its' for that matter) shoes to get tickets...
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    pjl44 said:

This is my plan exactly. 
  • So does the F2F exchange mean you have to be registered with ticketbastard like you had to with the presale?
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    SA209472 said:
    So does the F2F exchange mean you have to be registered with ticketbastard like you had to with the presale?
    I’m almost positive you’ll need an account
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    SA209472 said:
    So does the F2F exchange mean you have to be registered with ticketbastard like you had to with the presale?
    You would be buying tickets through Ticketmaster so yes you would need an account. But we have had no indication that you will need to register Verified Fan style and hope for a code.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 379
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

That is kind of a funny visual....like you have to wear his (or her....or them or its' for that matter) shoes to get tickets...
    https://youtu.be/nd9iOpMSOns

Shoe the shoeless
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Looking for one for San Diego. GA or down on the sides preferably. Wound up both nights in LA on the back of the floor... :/
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • BeenerBeener Posts: 22
    This probably has already come up in the thread but how are you supposed to sell your tickets when Ticketmaster isn’t allowing me access to the tickets until March 26th?
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    Beener said:
    This probably has already come up in the thread but how are you supposed to sell your tickets when Ticketmaster isn’t allowing me access to the tickets until March 26th?
    What do you mean not allowing you access until the 26th?
  • BeenerBeener Posts: 22
    On my TM account the tickets have a countdown saying tickets will be ready “countdown clock” which is up on e 26th of March. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    edited February 2020
    Beener said:
    On my TM account the tickets have a countdown saying tickets will be ready “countdown clock” which is up on e 26th of March. 
    And right below that countdown clock (I'm looking at the tickets on the app) it has a big blue button that says "Transfer" right?

Edit: this is for NY (and presumably CO), not sure which show you're looking at.
  • JBC7913 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Shoe the shoeless
    This the weirdest coincidence....I was just in Indio (at the Empire Polo Fields) for a lacrosse tournament in which my daughter was involved.  I told the story of how Pearl Jam played there years ago and how I bought my first bootleg (video and cd) of that show at a record store in downtown LA....sketchy joint that sold all sorts of bootlegs....still have the cd and VHS....but can't watch the VHS without a player.  Caused me to find the show on YouTube...and then you posted this....I love when worlds collide...
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets NJ Posts: 346
    I'm sure this has been posted before but if I am trying to find 2 for baltimore, do I have to sign up for something? Is this run by TM or Ten club?  Any answers would help....thanks!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited February 2020
    I'm sure this has been posted before but if I am trying to find 2 for baltimore, do I have to sign up for something? Is this run by TM or Ten club?  Any answers would help....thanks!
    TM is doing it. If I had to guess it will be run exactly like the previous method of buying on ticketmaster for secondhand tickets but this time only for face and no fees. 
  • pjl44 said:

Agree 100%
    PJNB said:
    TM is doing it. If I had to guess it will be run exactly like the previous method of buying on ticketmaster for secondhand tickets but this time only for face and no fees. 

Thanks PJNB, I guess you just call TM at 10am the 18th or whatever time it starts and wait in the que? ....I'm guessing at that time they will ask what show I wanted. Ughhh, at least it's another shot at this.....thanks. Good luck everyone!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Looking for one for San Diego. GA or down on the sides preferably. Wound up both nights in LA on the back of the floor... :/
    wrong thread...MOVE TO GIVEN TO FLY....where the rest of us are looking for tickets
  • JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 379
    JBC7913 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Shoe the shoeless
    This the weirdest coincidence....I was just in Indio (at the Empire Polo Fields) for a lacrosse tournament in which my daughter was involved.  I told the story of how Pearl Jam played there years ago and how I bought my first bootleg (video and cd) of that show at a record store in downtown LA....sketchy joint that sold all sorts of bootlegs....still have the cd and VHS....but can't watch the VHS without a player.  Caused me to find the show on YouTube...and then you posted this....I love when worlds collide...
    This place needs more feel good stories! 
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,297
    edited February 2020
    Thanks PJNB, I guess you just call TM at 10am the 18th or whatever time it starts and wait in the que? ....I'm guessing at that time they will ask what show I wanted. Ughhh, at least it's another shot at this.....thanks. Good luck everyone!
    I think you log onto TM online, does TM even sell tickets over the phone anymore?
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
    ....I meant log on. Showing my age...lol
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Can we assume the face value exchange will include MSG?

A couple of ISO MSG topics have been shut down with the message that 10c is face value only and includes copied text about the F2F exchange. One can hope.
  • Can we assume the face value exchange will include MSG?

A couple of ISO MSG topics have been shut down with the message that 10c is face value only and includes copied text about the F2F exchange. One can hope.
    I was wondering the same thing when I saw those
  • Sadly I'm pretty sure I will be listing my Baltimore tickets on the exchange.  They are far back on the floor and I badly injured my knee and will likely have to have surgery.  I'll need more accessible seats if I'm going to go.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Can we assume the face value exchange will include MSG?

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I'll be happy to be wrong on that one.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    JBC7913 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Shoe the shoeless
    And you linked my YouTube account! Too funny. :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Thanks PJNB, I guess you just call TM at 10am the 18th or whatever time it starts and wait in the que? ....I'm guessing at that time they will ask what show I wanted. Ughhh, at least it's another shot at this.....thanks. Good luck everyone!
    I think you log onto TM online, does TM even sell tickets over the phone anymore?
    Nope, only tickets they sell over the phone are for smaller venues, typically for more of the arts.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 498
    Sadly I'm pretty sure I will be listing my Baltimore tickets on the exchange.  They are far back on the floor and I badly injured my knee and will likely have to have surgery.  I'll need more accessible seats if I'm going to go.  
    Sorry to hear about your injury. Not sure exactly what you did but I had tibia plateau fracture in a skiing accident in March of 2016. I had to go on short term disability. It worked out quite well though as I was able to get around enough to go see some shows. I was on crutches and everyone was really helpful and accommodating at all the arenas. I hope your surgery goes well and the recovery is swift.