The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    My regular shop has 10 cent joints today. 1 per customer.
    Awesome 😄 I could make one last all day ...
    Turns out it was two per customer with a purchase. So the wife and I got 4 doobs and a gram of indica for $4.40.
    Cool as fuck , I remember selling J’s in high school for $1 the good old days! Colombian gold , Acapulco gold , Panama red anyone remember those strains ..

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    3 for $5 at Saugus High  =)
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:
    3 for $5 at Saugus High  =)
    Great deal 😄
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Turns out it was two per customer with a purchase. So the wife and I got 4 doobs and a gram of indica for $4.40.
    Cool as fuck , I remember selling J’s in high school for $1 the good old days! Colombian gold , Acapulco gold , Panama red anyone remember those strains ..

Oh yeah! I remember buying those $1 doobs. Those strains as well. Once in a while some real Thai stick or Mowie Wowie.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Horos said:

Oh yeah! I remember buying those $1 doobs. Those strains as well. Once in a while some real Thai stick or Mowie Wowie.
    I’d pay $100 for a joint of real Thai stick that’s by far the best weed in the world...
  • ^^^this
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Man, I haven’t had Thai since I was in high school. 

The first time, my face lost all color and I had to sit down :lol:
    hedonist said:
    Man, I haven’t had Thai since I was in high school. 

The first time, my face lost all color and I had to sit down :lol:
    I had that happen to me in high school we smoked some Red Lebanese hash I literally had a rush that lasted three hrs I couldn’t see people’s to half lol only from waist down ...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    When I was in high school, the strain that everyone talked about was "Monkey Paw".  People said that it was dipped in formaldehyde.  I have no idea if that is really a thing or not, but when we did get "monkey paw" it was crazy good (but probably just a strain with cool hairs).  I wonder if it was a real thing or just an urban legend.. like Mikey's stomach blowing up after eating Pop Rocks and drinking a coke, or Richard Gere getting his stomach pumped.  
  • 3 for $5 in high school. Columbian gold and compressed Jamacian. Both had lots of seeds. First real sensi showed up in 1981
    Super bad/thick Export A green pack rolling papers used. No cardboard filters back then. Twisted at both ends
    Metal Sucrets box worked perfect for carrying them in = https://www.sucrets.com/
    I've been battling for legalization for almost 40 years and glad it finally happened.
    A lot of paranoia back then and none now ! Also never got arrested...as I was always 1 step ahead and not f'n stupid   ;)
  • I had that happen to me in high school we smoked some Red Lebanese hash I literally had a rush that lasted three hrs I couldn’t see people’s to half lol only from waist down ...
    Buddy used to be a dealer and I saw many beige cloth bags with red leb all stamped Freedom Of Afghanistan on them
    00 green was were it was at  ;)
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    When I was in high school, the strain that everyone talked about was "Monkey Paw".  People said that it was dipped in formaldehyde.  I have no idea if that is really a thing or not, but when we did get "monkey paw" it was crazy good (but probably just a strain with cool hairs).  I wonder if it was a real thing or just an urban legend.. like Mikey's stomach blowing up after eating Pop Rocks and drinking a coke, or Richard Gere getting his stomach pumped.  
    Why?  That does not sound healthy, or am I missing something.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    mrussel1 said:
    I’m guessing it was probably just some decent smoke. Dipping in formaldehyde or PCP is called Wet, I think. No way I would try that. When you here about people freaking out, eating people’s faces, jumping off buildings, ect. after smoking weed, it’s cause it was laced with something. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I’m guessing it was probably just some decent smoke. Dipping in formaldehyde or PCP is called Wet, I think. No way I would try that. When you here about people freaking out, eating people’s faces, jumping off buildings, ect. after smoking weed, it’s cause it was laced with something. 
    Yeah like I said,  I don't think it was real,  just urban legend stuff 
    3 for $5 in high school. Columbian gold and compressed Jamacian. Both had lots of seeds. First real sensi showed up in 1981
    Super bad/thick Export A green pack rolling papers used. No cardboard filters back then. Twisted at both ends
    Metal Sucrets box worked perfect for carrying them in = https://www.sucrets.com/
    I've been battling for legalization for almost 40 years and glad it finally happened.
    A lot of paranoia back then and none now ! Also never got arrested...as I was always 1 step ahead and not f'n stupid   ;)
    Gah!  This brings back great (and smoky) memories.  Gold and Jamaican.  And those fucking seeds.

We used ZigZags though =)

And Sucrets!  One of my mom's go-to's; little did she know the canisters had another, nefarious use...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Horos said:
    Horos said:

I remember those $1 J days and those strains. The good old days, right>LOL

Reminds me of this, for some reason:

https://youtu.be/h1sPmbj3t6E
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I've had a K-J don't remember much that happened that night.

Also when my hole-in-the-wall town finally started getting KGB we called it Afghani.
    #FHP
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I saw a dude totally wig out on average smoke before.  He was from Iowa and probably only had some brick weed before.  He lost his mind.  Started screaming in an apartment.  Bloody murder screaming.  He went into a bathroom with mirrors all over the walls and probably took us 45 minutes to calm him down.  
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    Jason P said:
    I saw a dude totally wig out on average smoke before.  He was from Iowa and probably only had some brick weed before.  He lost his mind.  Started screaming in an apartment.  Bloody murder screaming.  He went into a bathroom with mirrors all over the walls and probably took us 45 minutes to calm him down.  
    Jeez! I've never seen someone lose their mind from weed, only become practically catatonic-level couch stone.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    Jason P said:
    Jeez! I've never seen someone lose their mind from weed, only become practically catatonic-level couch stone.
    He was a very smart person.  I think his mind was opening up to possibilities he had not considered before it he couldn't comprehend it.
  • What is the difference  in the new weed to the old style with all those seeds. Excuse my ignorance.  I mean  weed is so different  now. The smell . The buds.  The high. And seeds what happened to the seeds.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Has anyone used a hemp wick to smoke flower?  It came with a box of herb I just got and is supposed to be "cleaner", but seems inefficient.
    I thought that was old footage of Ed :lol:

That it continues to be illegal in some states IS ridiculous, but this probably wasn't the best way to go about protesting the initial charge.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited February 2020
    What is the difference  in the new weed to the old style with all those seeds. Excuse my ignorance.  I mean  weed is so different  now. The smell . The buds.  The high. And seeds what happened to the seeds.
    It's like the difference between Grandma's prized heirloom tomatoes and the "tomato" you get on a fast food burger.
    Far better genetics and far better horticultural methods.  Elimination of seeds is a result of good horticulture.  One starts with a "female" plant.  It grows flowers in order to achieve it's sole goal, which is to form seeds by pollination, and thereby reproduce.  Of course, the flowers are what we smoke.  If the "female" plant is not exposed to "male" pollen, the flowers increase in size and produce more sticky resin (which is where the psychoactive chemicals reside) in an attempt to catch pollen for fertilization. This is a good thing for us lol If a "female" plant gets stressed, or even just randomly on occasion, it will produce male flowers to self pollinate, resulting in those rare seeds in great weed that usually don't fully develop, and have a light brown, soft shell.
    If weed is decent but has some seeds, it was probably stressed badly after getting a good start.  If it is chock full of big, heavy-shelled seeds, it was grown in a ditch in Mexico and it was pollinated by the "male" plant nearby that they don't bother eliminating.  Don't buy that stuff, it's got blood on it's buds.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Thanks great explanation . Good to see  back around .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Just got some of these chunky nugs , great taste strong high not sure about name..
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    I’m heading to St. Louis for the tour and with recreational use in Illinois being legal and St Louis on the border, I was wondering if anyone was from that area. Are there any legal shops in Illinois near St Louis that are worth making the drive?
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    I finally found a great dispensary for delivering good flower (23% or higher) - three eighths for $130, no taxes or fees.

These taxes'll kick your ass here so the savings are hugely appreciated.  Plus they toss in a gummy bear and lottery ticket with every order :)

MakingWaves, you may want to check sites such as weedmaps...or even Google.  I don't know how harsh or lenient Missouri is on the weed front, so be careful!