LA Roll Call 2020

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    AD264506 said:
    LA 1 = Section J row 21. I think that’s the last row for J. Next to the mixing board so at least the sound will be awesome.  I’m 5’8”. Hopefully tall people don’t decide to stand for the whole show.

LA 2= GA!!!!! I haven’t been in the GA since San Diego 95 on the “F Ticketmaster Tour”. Can’t wait.

For lodging stay somewhere nice like the Shade Hotels. The one in Manhattan Beach is amazing and you are right in the action. It’s worth the money. Completely worth the money! There ain’t jack to do around the Forum before the show. Spend time at the beach and then Uber over at 6. The beach is always nice.
    Sorry, I'm not tall but I do tend to stand for the whole show.  Can't blame tall people who do either.  The music and the band just warrant it.  For me anyway.  
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Night 1 Section D Row 2 156xxx. Stoked to finally be on Stones side. I’ve Always been on Mike’s. First show since 2013!!
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    Hey all, I'm coming up from SD after going to that show, then hitting Disneyland on Tuesday, then LA 1 and 2.  If y'all are looking for a place to crash, I'm staying on The Queen Mary in Long Beach.  It is right in between Disney and The Forum and looks like a very cool experience, and it is not too costly to get a suite on the 'haunted' boat.  PM me if anyone else follows suit.  I'll have my family with me (breaking in my 8th and 10th grade daughters first PJ show), but it would be nice if other Jammers were onboard!  Can't wait!
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Got F night 1 and K night 2.  Do I feel fk"ed.  Fuck no!
    Me too!  1st row on Mike's side (F) and 4th row on Stone's side (K).  So basically row 9 and 12 behind the pit.  I'll have my two daughters.  Can't wait.  I'll be with my buddy in the pit in San Diego to kick off what will be one of the best weeks of my life (2013 I did the same thing with 3 shows in 4 days so I'm stoked I get to do it again)!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hey all, I'm coming up from SD after going to that show, then hitting Disneyland on Tuesday, then LA 1 and 2.  If y'all are looking for a place to crash, I'm staying on The Queen Mary in Long Beach.  It is right in between Disney and The Forum and looks like a very cool experience, and it is not too costly to get a suite on the 'haunted' boat.  PM me if anyone else follows suit.  I'll have my family with me (breaking in my 8th and 10th grade daughters first PJ show), but it would be nice if other Jammers were onboard!  Can't wait!
    We used to go the Queen Mary for brunch when I was a kid :)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    hedonist said:
    We used to go the Queen Mary for brunch when I was a kid :)
    That explains a lot Hedo, thank you for that insight.  :)
  • Looking for 1 to either night. Please 
  • LA1 Sec 105 Row 2
    LA2 Floor Sec 3 row 12
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Hell yeah!! Can't wait.. seats could be better though...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Flying in from Atlanta on the morning of the 15th.

LA1:  Section 132  Row 2
    LA2:  Section 132  Row 10

Staying down in Manhattan Beach at The Shade Hotel.  Tons of bars/beach activities to enjoy pre-show. Hope to meet up with other fans before the shows.   Can't wait!!!

AD264506
    said:
    LA 1 = Section J row 21. I think that’s the last row for J. Next to the mixing board so at least the sound will be awesome.  I’m 5’8”. Hopefully tall people don’t decide to stand for the whole show.

LA 2= GA!!!!! I haven’t been in the GA since San Diego 95 on the “F Ticketmaster Tour”. Can’t wait.

For lodging stay somewhere nice like the Shade Hotels. The one in Manhattan Beach is amazing and you are right in the action. It’s worth the money. Completely worth the money! There ain’t jack to do around the Forum before the show. Spend time at the beach and then Uber over at 6. The beach is always nice.
    1993 – Toronto
    1998 – Atlanta
    2000 – Atlanta
    2003 – Atlanta
    2012 – Atlanta
    2013 – Baltimore
    2014 – St. Paul
    2016 - Greenville
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2022 - Los Angeles 1 & 2
    2023 - Fort Worth 2
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 743
    I have LA2 GA. Looking for a buddy who has LA1 GA. Flying in from Vegas earlier in the day.

Was lucky enough to get a row 9 ticket from a fan club member for the Chris Cornell show and thought the Forum was a great place to see a show. The luxury boxes in these new arenas kill the mood and the sound sometimes. 
  • Was hoping for GA LA2 but got Section 3. If anyone needs a GA buddy I'd be happy to join. Flying solo this time coming in from Idaho.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 743
    Any idea if there is a curfew at the Forum and/or what time the show is likely going to end? Contemplating taking a late night flight out after the show.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Also coming solo. Looking for GA either night.  
  • peacepeace Posts: 55
    Headed down to LA after work on the 14th. Scored both nights LA, seats are on the floor. About the same spot I last saw Chris on the last TOD tour. Need to have a new memory to reference. 

• kaw753 said:
    Any idea if there is a curfew at the Forum and/or what time the show is likely going to end? Contemplating taking a late night flight out after the show.
    Forum is indoors.  No curfews that I'm aware of.  Shows in the past have ended around 11:45PM.  While the Forum is very close to LAX, you'll find the traffic leaving the Forum to be bad.  You'll find the traffic at LAX to be shocking.  Even at late hours.  There are a bunch of red-eye flights and traffic can be at a stand-still.  I'm not sure what flights are after 1am.  I'd recommend staying at a LAX hotel and taking a very early morning flight.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • MR259437MR259437 Los Angeles, CA Posts: 5
    Both nights!
    kaw753 said: hi
    Forum is indoors.  No curfews that I'm aware of.  Shows in the past have ended around 11:45PM.  While the Forum is very close to LAX, you'll find the traffic leaving the Forum to be bad.  You'll find the traffic at LAX to be shocking.  Even at late hours.  There are a bunch of red-eye flights and traffic can be at a stand-still.  I'm not sure what flights are after 1am.  I'd recommend staying at a LAX hotel and taking a very early morning flight.
    +1
    Getting out of the parking lot is a mess. Unless you are local, too many things can go wrong navigating to make a close call flight out.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • kaw753 said:
    Thank you for sharing this information about traffic conditions around the forum to and from the show. I live in the Pasadena area, and I've only lived in SoCal for 3 years and this will be my first time at the Forum. Because I'm taking time off the previous week to attend Coachella (Rage!!!!), I can't take any more time off the day after the Thursday PJ show. So I'm sparing myself the horrible midnight drive back by getting a cheap motel room in Inglewood. It's walking distance from the forum, so it's all good.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • kaw753 said:
    Thank you for sharing this information about traffic conditions around the forum to and from the show. I live in the Pasadena area, and I've only lived in SoCal for 3 years and this will be my first time at the Forum. Because I'm taking time off the previous week to attend Coachella (Rage!!!!), I can't take any more time off the day after the Thursday PJ show. So I'm sparing myself the horrible midnight drive back by getting a cheap motel room in Inglewood. It's walking distance from the forum, so it's all good.

I think Pasadena isn't too bad of a drive.  I probably wouldn't stay locally in Inglewood unless you plan to be not sober enough to drive.  I would take either Century or Manchester east from the Forum to the 110 North and that will take you right into Pasadena.  Not bad at all.  After the 'Charlie Foxtrot' experience of actually getting out of the Forum parking lot, things improve quickly as you head east.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • smaksmak Posts: 215
    +1
    Getting out of the parking lot is a mess. Unless you are local, too many things can go wrong navigating to make a close call flight out.
    I've got a 1:15am flight.  If it means I leave before the 2nd encore and take an uber instead of my friend driving me, that's what I'm going to have to do.

But I would like to see if we can park somewhere we can get out quickly. 

Anybody know how it is with the SoFi in it's current state?  Or it's state in 10 weeks?

I'm sure I'll drive down there a few weeks before to look.

Maybe I can run down to Hollywood Park and Uber from there.  
  • baldog27baldog27 Posts: 155
    ISO (1) GA for Night 1 LA
  • smak said:
    +1
    I've got a 1:15am flight.  If it means I leave before the 2nd encore and take an uber instead of my friend driving me, that's what I'm going to have to do.

Anybody know how it is with the SoFi in it's current state?  Or it's state in 10 weeks?

SoFi reportedly opens July 25
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    edited February 2020
    kaw753 said:

I think Pasadena isn't too bad of a drive.  I probably wouldn't stay locally in Inglewood unless you plan to be not sober enough to drive.  I would take either Century or Manchester east from the Forum to the 110 North and that will take you right into Pasadena.  Not bad at all.  After the 'Charlie Foxtrot' experience of actually getting out of the Forum parking lot, things improve quickly as you head east.
    I appreciate that. But I'll be attending by myself, leaving work at 2pm to get to The Forum. I'll want to change, etc. This is all about my convenience and I feel better about these plans. The motel has great ratings and it's only $90.
    Post edited by whitepants on

• DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    kaw753 said:
    yes, thanks for the info. I have to work, I'm in San Diego, both Wednesday and Thursday. Going to cut out about 2 in the afternoon both days and drive up to the Forum and drive home after to get to work at 6 am. Also driving to Phoenix a few days before for that show. Luckily I am only ten minutes from the venue for San Diego!
  • rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
    LA 1 Sec K Row 17
    LA 2 Sec 2 Row 4
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
    smak said:
    +1

Parking at the closest spot to exit from Hollywood Park is a good strategy. I did this, and left 2 songs early at the end of Temple of the Dog and saved an hour for sure. You need a good 10-15 minute head start at the end and traffic to LAX is your next obstacle. If your friend can drop you at departures and you rush in...
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Doing both nights...first time eva in LA....stoked!!

• Parking at the closest spot to exit from Hollywood Park is a good strategy. I did this, and left 2 songs early at the end of Temple of the Dog and saved an hour for sure. You need a good 10-15 minute head start at the end and traffic to LAX is your next obstacle. If your friend can drop you at departures and you rush in...
    And that's what I want to avoid. I want to stay to the last syllable that comes out of Eddie's mouth, and just walk to my cheap motel, eat an edible, and go beddie bye without all that strategizing of parking here or there, and skipping the encores. Those days are over.

• TracerTracer Posts: 102
    smak said:

Parking at the closest spot to exit from Hollywood Park is a good strategy. I did this, and left 2 songs early at the end of Temple of the Dog and saved an hour for sure. You need a good 10-15 minute head start at the end and traffic to LAX is your next obstacle. If your friend can drop you at departures and you rush in...
    Not only will traffic to LAX be an issue but they drastically reduce the number of TSA attendants after 10pm. I recently got there at 1115pm for a 12:15am flight and barely made it on.