LA Roll Call 2020

Comments

• TripleBTripleB Posts: 65
    Going to SD and both LA shows. I’ll be traveling in from Monrovia, east of Pasadena. 
  • HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 498
    Coming from Atlanta for both nights. Excited to see some West Coast PJ.
    One thing I want to mention to those of you flying in to LA International(LAX), if you plan to take an Uber/Lyft/Taxi upon flight arrival to LAX to a hotel or elsewhere, LAX has a cockamamie setup that you need to be aware of.  No curbside Uber/Lyft/Taxi when you get out of the baggage area.  You need to take a specific green bus that will take you to a special area(lot) which is a staging area for Uber/Lyft/Taxi.  Once you get to that lot, then you line up.  This scheme is called LAX-IT.  Research this in advance so you know what to expect.  It was 1st implemented last October.  Didn't go well, they made adjustments and I'm not sure if it is better or not.  There isn't a lot of signage and when I arrive home into LAX, I see tons of confused people who don't know what the hell to do.  So they ask parking shuttle drivers, etc., and slows them down.  Trust me, do your research before you arrive.  When you leave LA, Uber/Lyft/Taxi can drop you off at the terminals like at normal airports.  Black cars (limos) exempt from the LAX-IT lot/rules.
    Anyone know if this is set up is the for other shuttles or if I book a ride through my hotel. Is there anywhere to hang near the venue before the show?
  • Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Both LA shows here. Driving down and staying near lax. Hotels are relatively cheap. Hopefully the crowd is a little better than 2013 n2 at the sports arena or the TOtD show. 
  • Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    HH140540 said:
    Anyone know if this is set up is the for other shuttles or if I book a ride through my hotel. Is there anywhere to hang near the venue before the show?
    The short answer to your second question is no. The area around the forum is going through a massive phase of redevelopment with the new football stadium being built. Once the stadium is open, there will be a ton of new options, but not now. I’d recommend hanging around the airport - nothing special, hotel bars, etc. but it’s close and less risk of traffic. 
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Wife and I are flying in from Chicago for both shows. Can't wait. Was thinking of getting a hotel in Hermosa Beach...is that a decent choice?
  • TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    Driving down from the Seattle area for all 5 California shows.  Wife has family in LA, so we at least get a couple nights free.  Can't Wait!!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Looking forward to seeing PJ at the Forum!  Ever since the remodeling the sound quality of the shows I have seen there (Rush, Elton John, U2) have been stellar
  • Searching for 2 desperately for both nights. Sorry if this in the wrong thread.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    I am staying at the LAX Marriott. Great hotel. Newly renovated. Nice rooms, bar, pool. Close to Forum as stated above. If you’re just in town for the shows perfect spot. Renaissance around the corner is good too.

Pretty quick Uber’s to Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo. 
    Chris1401 said:
    HH140540 said:
    The short answer to your second question is no. The area around the forum is going through a massive phase of redevelopment with the new football stadium being built. Once the stadium is open, there will be a ton of new options, but not now. I’d recommend hanging around the airport - nothing special, hotel bars, etc. but it’s close and less risk of traffic. 
    🙏🏻
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Coming in from UK for LA & Oakland shows. Cannot wait. First time ever visiting the West Coast!
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,905
    edited January 2020
    Sarava said:
    Wife and I are flying in from Chicago for both shows. Can't wait. Was thinking of getting a hotel in Hermosa Beach...is that a decent choice?

Veddernarian: Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan Beaches all good choices.  So are Playa Del Rey, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica.  While traffic is total sh!t, actually disgusting, these places aren't too too far from the forum.  Be advised, the LA shows are weekdays, traffic is hell, you'll be shocked.  Leave earlier that you would in normal places.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Anyone go to a show at the LA Forum before? What's the view like from the front of Section 3 on the floor? Not too bad?
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Anyone go to a show at the LA Forum before? What's the view like from the front of Section 3 on the floor? Not too bad?
    Hey, that's one of the ones I got too!

I saw Tool at the Forum ages ago, in the pit area.  View was fine, but man, it was sparse up there.
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
    Going to both LA and Both Oakland. 
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Got GA for LA1 
    and a floor seat for LA2 

2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    GA night 1, and last row right in front of the soundboard night 2.  No complaints here.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 541
    Got F night 1 and K night 2.  Do I feel fk"ed.  Fuck no!
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,905
    edited January 2020
    Section F on the floor, row-7.  It all depends how high the stage is.  If there are tall people in front of me, it will be like San Diego 2003 where I was floor, row T in the SD sports arena.  I occasionally saw the band, from their shoulders up, in-between people in front of me.  This could be the same, we'll see.  My San Diego experience - people have their own takeaways, e.g., saying I should be thankful for just getting into the building whether or not I would be able to see the band.  We'll- my take is if being able to see isn't a requirement, buying the bootleg and listening to it should suffice.  But I have a requirement of being able to see as well as being able to hear.  So my San Diego tickets, as per my standards, were horrible.  When Idylwild played and nobody stood, I actually thought I had great seats.  When PJ came out and I couldn't see except for their heads, sometimes, it was the worst.  Hoping this won't be the case at LA2.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • KS1695KS1695 Posts: 30
    Orange County girl here. I'll be there both nights, and SD.
    LA1: Section 112 Row 11
    LA2: Section 112 Row 14
    Can't wait!

• kneilkneil Posts: 23
    LA2 Section 126 row 6. 
    Super stoked!! Taking the vocab back to the 90’s! 😆
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Section F on the floor, row-7.  It all depends how high the stage is.  If there are tall people in front of me, it will be like San Diego 2003 where I was floor, row T in the SD sports arena.  I occasionally saw the band, from their shoulders up, in-between people in front of me.  This could be the same, we'll see.  My San Diego experience - people have their own takeaways, e.g., saying I should be thankful for just getting into the building whether or not I would be able to see the band.  We'll- my take is if being able to see isn't a requirement, buying the bootleg and listening to it should suffice.  But I have a requirement of being able to see as well as being able to hear.  So my San Diego tickets, as per my standards, were horrible.  When Idylwild played and nobody stood, I actually thought I had great seats.  When PJ came out and I couldn't see except for their heads, sometimes, it was the worst.  Hoping this won't be the case at LA2.
    I’m in G and 5’3”. This’ll be fun!
  • Sections 103 and 136 - Around the seats I was expecting considering a lapsed my number and only re-upped a couple years ago, however not bad seats and definitely glad to be going to both!  Very stoked to see them again
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    I got GA for first night and Sec E for the 2nd.  I'm coming from Jersey and going with a group of friends who have tickets all over the place.  We'll figure it out though, we always do.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    I have a pair to each night.  Coming solo. Anyone with GA wanna sell me their extra? I'll sell my pair and give you the face value. Help!
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    hedonist said:
    I’m in G and 5’3”. This’ll be fun!
    Was gonna say ... I am short too...and have floor
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    cmalisze said:
    I have a pair to each night.  Coming solo. Anyone with GA wanna sell me their extra? I'll sell my pair and give you the face value. Help!
    You do realize you could have bought just one ticket for each show this time around right?
  • Can't really complain after signing up for 10 club for the 1st time on January 1st.  I got Section 104, row 13.
  • LA 1 = Section J row 21. I think that’s the last row for J. Next to the mixing board so at least the sound will be awesome.  I’m 5’8”. Hopefully tall people don’t decide to stand for the whole show.

LA 2= GA!!!!! I haven’t been in the GA since San Diego 95 on the “F Ticketmaster Tour”. Can’t wait.

For lodging stay somewhere nice like the Shade Hotels. The one in Manhattan Beach is amazing and you are right in the action. It’s worth the money. Completely worth the money! There ain’t jack to do around the Forum before the show. Spend time at the beach and then Uber over at 6. The beach is always nice.