What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    Would love one/ both of the PJ enamel mugs (not the LB ones). I gave the one guys selling them on eBay a reasonable Best Offer and didn’t even get a decline.

There’s a purple VS on eBay? 

Also a s/n AP Vedder batmobile poster currently at $3.25 (yes, three dollars).
    Which mugs are these?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Would love one/ both of the PJ enamel mugs (not the LB ones). I gave the one guys selling them on eBay a reasonable Best Offer and didn’t even get a decline.

There’s a purple VS on eBay? 

Also a s/n AP Vedder batmobile poster currently at $3.25 (yes, three dollars).
    PM sent
    densan said:
    Sometimes  its not about money .
    Its about the item finding  a home that  truely is where it belongs. And the joy that can bring.
    This person definitely gets it.
    Who I secured my grail from mattered everything as well as where it goes. Me, I wanted the jacket, and a clean disc, from a board member  was a bonus. I got it here in 2014. I am the third owner. I was offered 3,500. by someone, but didn't take $ for several reasons. I was supposed to be the 4ever hm, so it being signed "To Scott" is part of its history. Of no concern for me. Almost 30 yrs old. That is hard to wrap my head around.
    Might as well share. :blush:

OMG you have the one that Stone signed!

I remember reading about this.

You shouldn't sell this.  As a matter of fact if you offered it to me I wouldn't take it.  You need to keep this!

It also tells the meaning of reeenk roink!!!
    Now THIS GUY gets it! 👍 Never met him, but he's a good dude. 

He'll be a better dude, in fact he will be the best dude, when he sends me a JD promotion kit or the Ten basketball hoop & ball promotion set. 
    the basketball set is my grail. Orange and green with the hoop. How much are they worth?
    I really have no idea. Especially in today's crazy ass PJ resale market. Total speculation would be $800???
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • @tempo_n_groove will know. He is good with pricing.  New york hard baller.!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Did I seriously just see a Pittsburgh ‘13 go for almost $9,000 on eBay? 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Did I seriously just see a Pittsburgh ‘13 go for almost $9,000 on eBay? 

Saw that... pretty amazing.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2020
    Doubt it but prices in general are getting nuts.  Billie Eilish Live at Third Man Records vinyl went for almost $2500 the other day i think.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    There is almost 0% chance that was real. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,096
    It was/wasn’t real. The guy legitimately was selling it, but the guys who were bidding on it had no intention of buying it. How you get away with that is beyond me, but it happened. Here’s what the seller said on the EB forum. 

“It was not legit, I was the seller. I put it up with an auction expecting to get whatever for it, figured it would be popular but never expected the thrashing I got. Turned into a freaking debacle, people messaging me and calling me a scammer and liar etc. A bunch of people with 0 feedback bidding it up. 
    Damn. I guess I went about it wrong, just thought an auction was the right way but have not been in the poster game for awhile.”

• PaigePaige Posts: 365
    edited January 2020
    The Moonlander softie and the 2000 Phoenix poster. Oh, and a replacement for my beloved Loosegroove Records shirt. I never should have let pit stains come between me and it.
    Post edited by Paige on
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Lol a unplugged RSD release, anyone....
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 223
    edited January 2020
    cockage said:

The contents of this tape......or any similar tape....

the embarrassment of riches id give to the person who hooks it up would be legendary. 
    I think these are the Rough Mixes. I think they are widely bootlegged.

Unlike something like 'the stuffins' tapes that we know exist and should have this unreleased song  'I Wont'. Whose lyrics were also at display at the PJ20 expo.

Post edited by Joostone on
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • cockagecockage Posts: 454
    Joostone said:
    cockage said:

the embarrassment of riches id give to the person who hooks it up would be legendary. 

Unlike something like 'the stuffins' tapes that we know exist and should have this unreleased song  'I Wont'. Whose lyrics were also at display at the PJ20 expo.

thanks for the comment. I dont believe 'First Takes' is the same as Rough Mixes. Besides the track listing differences and different dates  associated with each (within a month of each other, but still different), im basing it off of comments / stories ive heard over the years about this tape. Here's a fun link to more info from Rick's amazing (and most definitely missed site): https://web.archive.org/web/20051101201636/http://www.giventowail.com/new/demo/index.php 

Re: Stuffins.....it does exist. no secret there, however 'I Won't' is not included on it (at least not the version i have). I do have a few different working versions of I Won't that range from as short at 2 minutes to as long as 12 minutes (lyrics along with lots of jam)....

Where you should be focusing your efforts for release are all the instrumentals included on Demo #1 (https://www.collectionzz.com/Cockage/pearl-jam-cassette/pearl-jam-demo-1-sept-91-state-of-love-and-trust-x4) - those 4x instrumentals are spectacular and fit right in with the other music released during this time frame. 
    cockage said:
    Joostone said:
    cockage said:

thanks for the comment. I dont believe 'First Takes' is the same as Rough Mixes. Besides the track listing differences and different dates  associated with each (within a month of each other, but still different), im basing it off of comments / stories ive heard over the years about this tape. Here's a fun link to more info from Rick's amazing (and most definitely missed site): https://web.archive.org/web/20051101201636/http://www.giventowail.com/new/demo/index.php 

Re: Stuffins.....it does exist. no secret there, however 'I Won't' is not included on it (at least not the version i have). I do have a few different working versions of I Won't that range from as short at 2 minutes to as long as 12 minutes (lyrics along with lots of jam)....

Where you should be focusing your efforts for release are all the instrumentals included on Demo #1 (https://www.collectionzz.com/Cockage/pearl-jam-cassette/pearl-jam-demo-1-sept-91-state-of-love-and-trust-x4) - those 4x instrumentals are spectacular and fit right in with the other music released during this time frame. 

Yeah, youre right. The 'first takes' is a different tape. But maybe there's a ton of overlap. Since these are the recordings from the first sessions. The rough mixes are selections from those and possible other sessions that were sent to the mixer ;).
    I think 'Just a Girl' from the 'Rarities Unreleased Cuts' disc is from these first tapes.

PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Joostone said:
    cockage said:
    Joostone said:
    cockage said:

Yeah, youre right. The 'first takes' is a different tape. But maybe there's a ton of overlap. Since these are the recordings from the first sessions. The rough mixes are selections from those and possible other sessions that were sent to the mixer ;).
    I think 'Just a Girl' from the 'Rarities Unreleased Cuts' disc is from these first tapes.

I would love to hear I Won't someday.
  • CopperTom said:
    Joostone said:
    cockage said:
    Joostone said:
    cockage said:

I would love to hear I Won't someday.
    You won't...

The lyrics are very young angst sounding and wouldn't fit the now vibe.  Just my o-pine.
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    yea there's not many songs that haven't been "leaked" at this point, especially from way back. I Won't would be nice to hear. After seeing different lyrics at the MOPOP exhibit i always wondered what songs were actually recorded. if this I Won't exists...what recording is it on that people have heard?
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94

Trilly Dilly = Hard To Imagine
    Man As Machine = Animal
    Ring The Telephone = I Won't (as seen in the lyrics posted in this thread)

https://www.collectionzz.com/Cockage/pearl-jam-cassette/pj-worktape-2-10-93

This one actually lists the track as 'Telephone / I Won't'

and just for fun, other early names as listed here are as follows:

Eddie's Punk Ditty = RVM
    Trilly Dilly = HTI
    Echoplex Song = Black Eye
    Eddie's Punk Rock Song = RVM
    Dave's Ditty = Go
    Beatles Type Thing = Eastern Beatles
    Jeff, Mike & Dave Jam = Rats
    Mike & Jeff Stomp = Cready Stomp
    Policeman = W.M.A.
    New Day = Glorified G

https://www.collectionzz.com/Cockage/pearl-jam-cassette/pj-stuffins-pre-record-i-1

• WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    wow those are some cool artifacts. would love to hear them. are these just pictures off the internet or can someone digitize these for all of us?
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,096
    wow those are some cool artifacts. would love to hear them. are these just pictures off the internet or can someone digitize these for all of us?
    I would love to hear them too!
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Has anyone ever seen or heard of Ed signing "Edward Louis Vedder" 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
    Black Eye and Eastern Beatles are these instrumentals like creadystomp? Or are they all instrumentals?
    Eastern Beatles is instrumental (at least the ones ive heard)
    Black Eye has some lyrics but clearly was a work in progress (at least the ones ive heard)

Some interesting info to add for Black Eye...

In the 2001 Rolling Stone article written by Cameron Crowe (source: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-five-against-the-world-244637/), there is a small reference to this track

There is also a 2001 Billboard article (source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/78931/special-feature-pearl-jam) that contains the following snippet:

Im speculating here, but would think its possible that he was referring to Eastern Beatles, Cready Stomp and possibly Black Eye (though Ridge Farm or any of those other tracks from Demo #1 could be included here as well)

Lastly, on page 283 of the PJ20 book, the background photo is:

There is so much history to be unearthed.....So much amazingness yet to be released.....

This is the kind of shit i dream about. I gotta get out more....

• elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    Great stuff @cockage. When so many here are now interested in merch and the latest sale item, this is the kind of stuff that is priceless and made things so worthy back I  the 90s. When we didnt know what songs existed and when a rare song was played live for the first time before being released. when every version of a song meant something. when ed would change a simple lyric in a song and we had to have every version of the song that existe . All of that is lost now for the most part as we wait in line 6 hours before a show for a sticker or a pin.  Thanks for bringing us back to that special time. Back to the mystery of the music 
  • Great stuff @cockage. When so many here are now interested in merch and the latest sale item, this is the kind of stuff that is priceless and made things so worthy back I  the 90s. When we didnt know what songs existed and when a rare song was played live for the first time before being released. when every version of a song meant something. when ed would change a simple lyric in a song and we had to have every version of the song that existe . All of that is lost now for the most part as we wait in line 6 hours before a show for a sticker or a pin.  Thanks for bringing us back to that special time. Back to the mystery of the music 
    I felt this way the first time I heard Lukin and the way they changed up RVM one time.
    cockage said:
    Eastern Beatles is instrumental (at least the ones ive heard)
    Black Eye has some lyrics but clearly was a work in progress (at least the ones ive heard)

Some interesting info to add for Black Eye...

In the 2001 Rolling Stone article written by Cameron Crowe (source: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-five-against-the-world-244637/), there is a small reference to this track

There is also a 2001 Billboard article (source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/78931/special-feature-pearl-jam) that contains the following snippet:

Im speculating here, but would think its possible that he was referring to Eastern Beatles, Cready Stomp and possibly Black Eye (though Ridge Farm or any of those other tracks from Demo #1 could be included here as well)

Lastly, on page 283 of the PJ20 book, the background photo is:

There is so much history to be unearthed.....So much amazingness yet to be released.....

This is the kind of shit i dream about. I gotta get out more....

And the post of the year award goes to.........

cockage!!!!

Thanks!
  • If anyone is feeling generous there is a Reeenk Roink for sale.  I can PM u my address, lol!
    edited February 2020
    edit: double post
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    I love cockage is clean way. I look up to him as well as admire. ty c. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited February 2020
    One less grail on my list

Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    One less grail on my list

Beautiful vinyl. Congrats