I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Oh yeah, I got that Dillinger album.  Thanks for the heads up on that too!  Never thought I would see a Newbury Comics limited release for them.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    FR181798 said:
    Just ordered Springsteen live in Dublin 3LP. £23.99 on Amazon.co.uk.
    Not £35 -£40 like Gigaton. Its like they are putting some sort of premium on it because we've not had a studio album in years.

must be. album alone in dollars is 34.99. bundle is 39.99 in the presale from 10C...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    arrived, SP Mellon Collie.....
    AIC S/T....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Thx for all the suggestions!!!
    What I ordered came today. Tried one out on my A Farewell To Kings Deluxe set. Fit well on this title at a decent 5/8 in thick cover.

3 mil is a little flimsy but should do the job.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

2014 Kevin Grey/Cohearent audio.. also amazing..

@MedozK Herbie is next.  What's your recommended pressing?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:

2014 Kevin Grey/Cohearent audio.. also amazing..

@MedozK Herbie is next.  What's your recommended pressing?
    I need that one.

If you want Maiden Voyage, imo the best one is the Music Matters pressing cut by Kevin Gray.
    https://www.discogs.com/Herbie-Hancock-Maiden-Voyage/release/6526666
    Having recommended the MM Maiden Voyage, I went to their website to see if it had been repressed... but it was out of stock, so I looked around and saw they have restocked the John Coltrane 'Blue Train' cut by Kevin Gray and pressed on SRX vinyl, I IMMEDIATELY jumped on that.. from what I understand it's a definitive cut of 'Blue Train'.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    A few “new” releases, and a few that I wanted for xmas/bday that I didn’t get. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    MedozK said:
    Having recommended the MM Maiden Voyage, I went to their website to see if it had been repressed... but it was out of stock, so I looked around and saw they have restocked the John Coltrane 'Blue Train' cut by Kevin Gray and pressed on SRX vinyl, I IMMEDIATELY jumped on that.. from what I understand it's a definitive cut of 'Blue Train'.
    The Blue Train shows out of stock... from what I can see. 

This is the version I have.  I bought it two years ago on the blue note site.  I presume this is the one you're talking about..

https://www.discogs.com/John-Coltrane-Blue-Train/release/5349832

And I looked at Maiden this morning...out and expensive on discogs
    edited January 2020
    MedozK said:
    Got it, thanks.  Is the SRX supposed to be clearly superior to 'normal' pressings?  The two in discussion are both KG/Cohearent cuts.  Mine was pressed at RTI, and it doesn't say where the SRX is pressed.. 
    edit - I see the details.  I'll probably give this a go and sell one of the two after this goes back out of stock.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Got it, thanks.  Is the SRX supposed to be clearly superior to 'normal' pressings?  The two in discussion are both KG/Cohearent cuts.  Mine was pressed at RTI, and it doesn't say where the SRX is pressed.. 
    edit - I see the details.  I'll probably give this a go and sell one of the two after this goes back out of stock.  
    I am pretty excited about this one. Yea the SRX is supposedly great.
  • Kings of Leon - Early Vinyl box set

Wanted this for a long time. Finally found a near mint set for $40 plus shipping. 
    edited January 2020
    This is back in stock for $60 bucks for those that need a great copy.  
    I have a KG copy myself, so I'll probably pass.  2x12 for this length record is quite a bit of up and down too.  

https://www.mofi.com/product-p/mfsl2-45-011.htm
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    I have a KG copy myself, so I'll probably pass.  2x12 for this length record is quite a bit of up and down too.  

I have both, and the MOFI is VERY GOOD. It's my go to pressing of this.
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I have both, and the MOFI is VERY GOOD. It's my go to pressing of this.
    No kidding... materially better than the KG?  Worth the coin level difference?  I like KW's mastering, but I feel like he goes a touch heavy on the bass sometimes.  
    mrussel1 said:

I have a great shot at an original pressing x2. from a 1500 and 14,000 piece collections recently bought at two local stores....

added quite a few used titles today. posting later...

college of the pacific title is repress new.
    all others are original in fantastic conditionsave the covers...

Nice man.  Really good looking collection you've got going. 
    edited January 2020
    single 2 sided cover with double album.....

Post edited by mickeyrat on

mrussel1 said:
    Nice man.  Really good looking collection you've got going. 
    thank you. Am really hoping Oberlin College pops up..... thay should complete the early phase once I get the rest of the "Time" series

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    dankind said:
    A few “new” releases, and a few that I wanted for xmas/bday that I didn’t get. 

You know how to do the self xmas/bday thing right-  nice!  I didn't know The Ramones It's Alive had been re-issued.   Great live album!  I have an older copy that fortunately is in great shape but they were getting a bit hard to find used that way so, an an excellent re-issue choice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mickeyrat said:

Excellent!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Beabadoobee — Patched Up

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Excellent!!
    thick vinyl in excellent shape. plays beautifully.  both lp's......

ordered repress of both siamese dream and wilburys vol 3

arriving today, that siamese dream and finally vapor trails.