The Golf Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Wobbie said:
    Wow 6-10 was a helluva stretch for him. 

81 could be in his sights this weekend, folks....
    as a score? :prayer:
    Whoops. Meant 83!
    My point exactly. The number doesn’t matter 
    Welp, looks like I just lost my day to an internet debate on golf.  Going to get my gloves...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    Wow 6-10 was a helluva stretch for him. 

81 could be in his sights this weekend, folks....
    as a score? :prayer:
    Whoops. Meant 83!
    My point exactly. The number doesn’t matter 
    Welp, looks like I just lost my day to an internet debate on golf.  Going to get my gloves...
    Fucking typos are proving points these days. What's the world coming to? ha

Tiger tees off in less than an hour. Let's move on up that board!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PGA Tour Live is sweet to have. Able to pull it up on the TV through the Fire Stick.
    It's great.  Well worth the $60 for the year.
    ^ I gotta get that

Hell of a start for Tiger
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Imagine being a kid who likely looked up to tiger, in your 10th pga start, on a big boy course where tiger has dominated and going out and beating him. Can’t imagine there are many feelings better than that outside of a win. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Imagine being a kid who likely looked up to tiger, in your 10th pga start, on a big boy course where tiger has dominated and going out and beating him. Can’t imagine there are many feelings better than that outside of a win. 
    I don't know....I like sex...a lot!!!  =) 

Sorry, I'll shut up now.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Great leaderboard. Wish Tiger would make a move. Outside of the near hole out on #2 his proximity to the hole has been terrible. 
    The door is wide open
    Money 3 iron by Tiger right there. Wow.
    bflynn1 said:
    Money 3 iron by Tiger right there. Wow.
    Hell of a putt too but didn’t drop
    Apparently Tiger is going to birdie #7. When they showed his score after the birdie at 6 they showed him at -9 with a birdie on 7 lol. Let's see if it's rigged haha.
    Nope,, not rigged 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Happy Australia Day! Well done Leish and Lucas Herbert, US and Euro PGA tour winners! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Tiger better get these putting issues ironed out before Augusta
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    No one knows the greens at Augusta better than Tiger.  Even if his flat stick is off, he still has an advantage with his ability to read the greens there.  As it applies every other tournament, I just hope he's in contention on Sunday at Augusta.
    bbiggs said:
    No one knows the greens at Augusta better than Tiger.  Even if his flat stick is off, he still has an advantage with his ability to read the greens there.  As it applies every other tournament, I just hope he's in contention on Sunday at Augusta.
    I know. But, still. Yesterday was pretty rough though. Hoping he looks better on the greens in a couple weeks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I will take comfort that a lot of players had a rough time on the greens.   The Tiger we saw this week can win at Augusta.   Every player has holes they should have done better and worse on, but takeaway that four putt on #1 on Saturday and he could have been right there on Sunday during the heat of it. 
    Can I add, again, how much I love this new schedule?

Starts with Hawaii (other stuff prior to the new year is just filler) and then jumps into high gear right when football ends.....and then lasts till the end of the Summer. Perfectly timed. Brilliant. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Maybe he'll consider going to two pieces of gum.  Gotta up the dosage at some point, once the body gets used to it.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    Awesome win for a good dude. Leishman is super easy to root for. Good win early in the season.

Was going to say that Phil should probably stop trying to “hit bombs” and concentrate on getting the ball in the fairway, but leishman hit the fewest greens in the field yesterday, so what do I know 

Tiger will be fine. Poa always fucks with those guys. He had a bad day on the green
    So looks like PGA Tour Live will be going to ESPN+ next year.  Was worried about what that means for cost, but looks like ESPN+ is $60 a year too, so no change.  Probably better content outside of golf too.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    So looks like PGA Tour Live will be going to ESPN+ next year.  Was worried about what that means for cost, but looks like ESPN+ is $60 a year too, so no change.  Probably better content outside of golf too.

Interesting.  ESPN+ does have a lot of good stuff already and I had been planning on getting it at some point....will probably do that bundle with Disney Plus for the kids.  A little something for everybody.  A lot of good soccer coverage on ESPN+.

Interesting.  ESPN+ does have a lot of good stuff already and I had been planning on getting it at some point....will probably do that bundle with Disney Plus for the kids.  A little something for everybody.  A lot of good soccer coverage on ESPN+.
    Yeah, it looks like it does. The Disney option is definitely a good one too. I saw that but have been holding off until the daughter gets a little older.  Trying to cut down on subscriptions, not add them, but it will be a good one to have and probably decent timing when PGA Tour Live cuts over in a year.

Every time I pull up NBC Sports Gold, I say i should check out what else is on here, but never do.
    I hope this mild winter weather continues.   Heated tees much more bearable at 30 degrees than 10. 
  • Played 9 yesterday and today in Illinois.  Temps in the high 50s.  Getting the game ready for 6 days of golf in a row in L.A. next week.
    ddeschler said:
    Played 9 yesterday and today in Illinois.  Temps in the high 50s.  Getting the game ready for 6 days of golf in a row in L.A. next week.
    Awesome!  Love the winter golf trips. Any course in particular you are excited to play?  I have only played in Orange County area. 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    edited February 2020
    Have tee times at Rustic Canyon, Sandpiper, Braemar, Porter Valley, and Oak Creek.  Will likely add Los Robles Greens or Rancho Park.  Planning to watch some of the Genesis at Riviera as well.
    Post edited by ddeschler on
    ddeschler said:
    Have tee times at Rustic Canyon, Sandpiper, Braemar, Porter Valley, and Oak Creek.  Will likely add  Los Robles Greens or Rancho Park.  Planning to watch some of the Genesis at Riviera as well.
    Rustic canyon looks amazing. Real affordable too right?
  • We’ve got a weekday twilight for $24 walking. 
    edited February 2020

Like most amateurs I have a problem with coming over the top.  My instructor got this training aid and gave it to me to try out for a week at home.  I went ahead and ordered one anyway as it looks promising and has some good reviews.  I like it because I can work with at home without a ball when too busy to get to the course.  Would rather hit a ball though.   I've enjoyed the daily drills so far but only time will tell.    Anyway else seen or used this?

https://www.tourstriker.com/product/planemate/

I'm taking a lot more notes now after each time practicing and really trying to get to the range 3+ times a week along with a lesson.  I'm tired of being so damn inconsistent.  Gotta put the time in. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on