New Pearl Jam Album Gigaton Available March 27

Comments

• BK5403BK5403 Posts: 50
    Among other sounds, feels like they were listening to Talking Heads during the recording. 
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • BeenerBeener Posts: 22
    I’m loving the Vedder growl while singing the lead up to the chorus. 
  • SueyMcGueySueyMcGuey Canada Posts: 3
    Wow - I think these guys are amazing and this is proof they can pull anything off - I am into it - thank you!!!!
    Smiles
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Just bought single @ itunes

3 songs including Superblood Wolfmoon have E next to them

back to being naughty 🤗

love the new song 
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Just bought the single and preordered the album from iTunes. Also grabbed a physical copy from 10C. Love the art & digging the new sounds!

Hope to get the chance to see the band in the Fall on a couple of dates this Tour. But if something miraculously pops up for the Spring, then I'll jump on it. Thanks!    
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    Can't stop dancing in my living room since 6am! I m too old for this bullshit😂 Really love it!!!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    mfc2006 said: Dr.Teeth and the Electric Mayh said: For all those saying that it sounds like a drum machine, you are correct. Matt IS a machine.  Very true! I doubt it’s a DM.
    I can't imagine too that they used a DM here. Matt is one of the best drummers ...
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    TinaE said:
    mfc2006 said:
    For all those saying that it sounds like a drum machine, you are correct. Matt IS a machine. 
    Very true! I doubt it’s a DM.

I can't imagine too that they used a DM here. Matt is one of the best drummers ... Listen to what Stone said about it. It started with a DM but only the high hats (whatever that means) stayed. Matt went and recorded live "dry" (again, no idea") drums. So it really is him
    JPPJ84 said: TinaE said: mfc2006 said: Dr.Teeth and the Electric Mayh said: For all those saying that it sounds like a drum machine, you are correct. Matt IS a machine.  Very true! I doubt it’s a DM.
    I can't imagine too that they used a DM here. Matt is one of the best drummers ... Listen to what Stone said about it. It started with a DM but only the high hats (whatever that means) stayed. Matt went and recorded live "dry" (again, no idea") drums. So it really is him

I just watched it ... I really like the song
  • TK-421TK-421 Posts: 14
    Reeeeaaally like Dance of the Clairvoyants! The band gave us fair warning they were messing around with some experimental sounds, and they weren't kidding.  This sound really works for them.

I can quite easily imagine them opening up their concerts with this song and  getting everybody dancing. A couple of Arcade Fire albums ago i was on the floor for a concert and they turned the entire stadium into a dance hall, this song has that feel to it and it will be interesting to be in the crowd when they drop this one live!  

If you like the post punk synth sound of this song, it is being done by some other bands as well.  Check out Melted Mirror, Preoccupations, Bootblacks, and Actors.  Old is new again....it sounds refreshing.  Cant wait for the rest of the album! 
  • Can I order this without worrying about a limited or colored ten club exclusive version dropping later?
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• ten zten z Posts: 50
    I was kind of hoping that since I pre-ordered Gigaton through 10c that there would be a free download of "Dance of the Clairvoyants" for those who pre-ordered the album through 10c, like how pre-ordering Lightning Bolt through 10c got you MYM and Sirens as free downloads.  I ended up buying DotC through iTunes and while I was on there I noticed that they are counting buying DotC as buying a song from Gigaton instead of as a single.  I guess if I want a digital version of Gigaton I will have to buy the album again on iTunes. 
    PJ Shows I have attended:
    May 15, 2010 Hartford, CT 
    October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY
  • I'm sorry I love pearl jam but just listened to the Dance of the Clairvoyants and i hate it sounds like all digital keyboard reminding when queen put that terrible  synthesized album out. I just hope its just that song that's like that
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924

Nature drunk and High
  • I don't really like this song. It's just Eddie and a drum machine. I know it's Matt with a snare trigger, but it's pretty terrible. When you compare the drumming on Superunknown to this, it's not good.  This doesn't sound like a band, I can't hear Mike , Stone or Jeff. Sorry for all the negativity, I really had high hopes for this album and I'm not writing it off yet. I've been listening to PJ since I was 16, my first gig was the Point 2000 when I was 19. I think it's important to give honest feedback to the band and tell them whats up - not to just say this is amazing because it's Pearl Jam.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Rossdoc81 said:
    I don't really like this song. It's just Eddie and a drum machine. I know it's Matt with a snare trigger, but it's pretty terrible. When you compare the drumming on Superunknown to this, it's not good.  This doesn't sound like a band, I can't hear Mike , Stone or Jeff. Sorry for all the negativity, I really had high hopes for this album and I'm not writing it off yet. I've been listening to PJ since I was 16, my first gig was the Point 2000 when I was 19. I think it's important to give honest feedback to the band and tell them whats up - not to just say this is amazing because it's Pearl Jam.
    What do you mean you don't hear Mike, Jeff or Stone?! I hear loads of keyboards (Jeff), bass (Stone) and a cool guitar part by Mike in the middle. And it's not a drum machine, it's Matt on live drums.
  • halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176
    Rossdoc81 said:
    I don't really like this song. It's just Eddie and a drum machine. I know it's Matt with a snare trigger, but it's pretty terrible. When you compare the drumming on Superunknown to this, it's not good.  This doesn't sound like a band, I can't hear Mike , Stone or Jeff. Sorry for all the negativity, I really had high hopes for this album and I'm not writing it off yet. I've been listening to PJ since I was 16, my first gig was the Point 2000 when I was 19. I think it's important to give honest feedback to the band and tell them whats up - not to just say this is amazing because it's Pearl Jam.
    Put on some headphones or use better speakers because I definitely hear Jeff’s bass.

I made the mistake of first listening to this on my iPhone’s speaker and my first reaction was “wtf” (it was tinny and the best stood out the most) but as soon as I tried listening to it again with headphones it sounded more complete and better.
  • I think it's important to give honest feedback to the band and tell them whats up - not to just say this is amazing because it's Pearl Jam.
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    edited January 2020
    Rossdoc81 said:
    I think it's important to give honest feedback to the band and tell them whats up - not to just say this is amazing because it's Pearl Jam.
    LOL

Yes, we must inspire the front end staff.

I often spend my days thinking of constructive criticism for artists.
    Post edited by KV4053 on
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Can I order this without worrying about a limited or colored ten club exclusive version dropping later?
    Of course not. I already know i’ll own at least three versions of this
  • It’s finally on iTunes! 
  • Rossdoc81 said:
    How....How can you not at the very least hear the bass? I think your hearing may be shot..,
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Expecting perfection leaves a lot to endure...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BK5403 said:
    Among other sounds, feels like they were listening to Talking Heads during the recording. 
    Bingo...
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 592
    So, will it be available at midnight, 10am EST, PST? 
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
    BrainofBGA said: mvw said: https://variety.com/2020/music/news/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-unveils-new-album-gigaton-1203479780/
    Wow! Little snippets of what each track may be like. 

awesome ... I can hardly wait ...
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    edited January 2020
    mvw said:
    So when Eddie says ‘it sounds like us’ or was that Stone? Can’t remember, anyways, I’m thinking that maybe they thought BS and LB weren’t what they were hoping for in terms of production. Is that why they decided to produce it themselves along with Josh? 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14