The Golf Thread

Comments

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Won my tournament over the weekend and celebrated with a nice pour.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Congrats!  That is awesome.  
    How many strokes did you win by?   Any highlights?
    How many strokes did you win by?   Any highlights?
    One stroke victory. I needed a par on 18. It was a short par 4, 360 yards, but it was a dogleg left with water all down the left side and bunkers all down the right. I hit a power fade that shaped perfectly with the dogleg (I'm left handed) and it rolled down the fairway leaving me only 70 yards in for my 2nd shot. I hit a wedge to 15ft and converted my 2 putt par.

Not flashy but it felt good to step up and execute when I needed to.

You played the 18th how Tiger played the 18th at Augusta.  Don't take any risks.  Get your par (bogey for Tiger) and win the damn tournament. That is great to hit two good shots under pressure and get your two putt for the trophy. 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

You played the 18th how Tiger played the 18th at Augusta.  Don't take any risks.  Get your par (bogey for Tiger) and win the damn tournament. That is great to hit two good shots under pressure and get your two putt for the trophy. 

Yeah who needs flashy if you end up on top anyway?
    Congrats flyn!
    chinese-happy.jpg

That's a great point. I didn't think of it that way. 

Yeah who needs flashy if you end up on top anyway?
    Congrats flyn!
    Well said, and thank you!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Cool looking trophy.  Looks like one of the WGC guys.  Too bad it didn't come with a WGC looking payout too!

Congrats though.  You should do the USGA mid am stuff if you are winning tournaments.
    Tiger hunting this week.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    @bflynn1 - congrats on the tourney win! That Florida weather seems to be paying dividends for you.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Tiger hunting this week.
    We can only hope!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    @bflynn1 - congrats on the tourney win! That Florida weather seems to be paying dividends for you.
    Thank you! Funny story, the weather for the day called for 61 in the morning with like a 12-15 mph wind. The high was 72 but the wind was supposed to be there all day and it was supposed to be overcast. So I was like ok, I'll wear my sleeveless under armour shirt with a sweater and I should be comfortable all day.

Of course I get out there and it ends up being sunny and feeling like 80 degrees with hardly any breeze. Needless to say I was a little warm all day haha. 
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Awesome, congrats. Nice trophy. And love me some Blanton's lol
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Awesome stuff, bflynn. I’m always thrilled just to go out and beat my buddies in a friendly round on a Friday afternoon. Couldn’t imagine the feeling of winning an actual tournament, on any level. 
    The one and done golf pool I am in starts this week.  Love it.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Finally got in one of these pools for this year.  Started a couple weeks ago and really liking it.  Going with Matthew Wolff this week.
    Finally got in one of these pools for this year.  Started a couple weeks ago and really liking it.  Going with Matthew Wolff this week.
    They're fun.  Mine has payouts for the last person to miss a cut in addition to the top 2 or 3 at the end of the season.

I think this is my 3rd or 4th year and I have learned that saving your big players for the big payout tournaments only sorta works.  Depending on the size of the pool, the winner will likely have picked around 5-6 winners for the whole season, so winning a major is nice, but wins are wins and most important.  I am going with who I think i going to win every week this year, regardless of time of year. I have ended the last few with at least a couple players still on the board that I should have used.
    Nice leaderboard.
    That sped up video of Tiger banging balls on the practice range was awesome. The depth of his divots is identical on every single shot. No fat shots. No toe or heel heavy shots. No steep digs. Just precision every single time. Obviously this is expected, but it’s really impressive to see from a weekend warrior’s perspective. 
    If tiger can 4 putt it, we all can 4 putt it.
    oh no...really?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    oh no...really?
    On 1. Blew a 2-3 foot par tap in 5 feet by, didn't touch the hole then missed that for bogey.
    PGA Tour Live is sweet to have. Able to pull it up on the TV through the Fire Stick.
    oh no...really?
    On 1. Blew a 2-3 foot par tap in 5 feet by, didn't touch the hole then missed that for bogey.
    That is insane.  Should never happen for a PGA Tour player imo

I think he has a mental block on the first hole of the South Course.
    Wow 6-10 was a helluva stretch for him. 

81 could be in his sights this weekend, folks....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

as a score? :prayer:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

Whoops. Meant 83!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:

Whoops. Meant 83!
    My point exactly. The number doesn’t matter