Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    SP Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
    You're on a roll
    I need to stop for a while. credit has taken a hit.

on that note....
    AIC S/T in white (unofficial of course)

need to stay. off discogs ebay and amazon and build through the bins at the 5 or 6 local shops in town.....
    I think i am staying away from the unofficial records.  Bought that ST QOTSA album and it sounds horrible...
    we'll see. if its not good I may just do a cd at the least until a rerelease or I run across a decent used copy.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Its finally fucking here!!!!

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    some used titles to post later....

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:

Is it a legit or a boot?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Is it a legit or a boot?
    legit.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Just preordered Springsteen Live in New York 3LP reissue for £23.99 on Amazon, great price. Keeping an eye on a couple of the other reissues to get the best price. They are reissues of which there will be loads so no sense paying too much.
    FR181798 said:
    Just preordered Springsteen Live in New York 3LP reissue for £23.99 on Amazon, great price. Keeping an eye on a couple of the other reissues to get the best price. They are reissues of which there will be loads so no sense paying too much.
    Damn,  so there's a live in NY coming out along with The Rising and live from Dublin?  Jeez. Throw in the new album and tour,  and Bruce really wants my money.  Starting to rival PJ
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Is it a legit or a boot?

most expensive record I've ever bought
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Is it a legit or a boot?

most expensive record I've ever bought
    same..... AND I made an offer under asking.....

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

Couple of used gems I snagged off Discogs last week. Both original pressings.

Dead - Europe ‘72

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will the Circle Be Unbroken

I don’t think the Dead Europe ‘72 set was very played.

The Dirt Band album has some of the best straight up, stone cold picking ever up on record.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596

Couple of used gems I snagged off Discogs last week. Both original pressings.

Dead - Europe ‘72

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will the Circle Be Unbroken

I don’t think the Dead Europe ‘72 set was very played.

The Dirt Band album has some of the best straight up, stone cold picking ever up on record.

Nice scores!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

DC29940 said:

Nice batch!  And that Byrds Hits is SO great!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

6 of 9 records previously listed recently arrived yesterday.... 

Just got this today and WOW, talk about gaining some elevation!  KILLER live tracks ranging from the rhythmically haunting, mildly unsettling "Recurring (Steve's Dream)",  to the mind blowing blues/psychedelia of "How Did I Find Myself Here?" (featuring Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones on lap steel guitar!), an abbreviated, crowd pleasing solid "The Medicine Show",  a marvelous rendition of an early favorite, "When You Smile", to the absolute total meltdown rock/blues/free jazz/ freak out of "John Coltrane Stereo blues", and ending with a sublime, ethereal "Glide" live on KEXP, Seattle (kudos, KEXP!), one of Steve Wynn's greatest songs.  Loving this one!

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    brianlux said:
    DC29940 said:

The Byrds had so many great songs. I just recently watched Echoes in the Canyon and had to pick up some Byrds and The Association. Still trying to track down some decently priced Buffalo Springfield, though.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    DC29940 said:
    brianlux said:
    DC29940 said:

The Byrds had so many great songs. I just recently watched Echoes in the Canyon and had to pick up some Byrds and The Association. Still trying to track down some decently priced Buffalo Springfield, though.

I hope you do find some good Buffalo Springfield.  There seems to be a fair number of their albums around but the difficulty is finding one some dummy didn't use as an ash tray or a cat scratching pad. 

Analog productions mono... awesome. 

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Mono is the best way to listen to a lot of that. 
    Mono is the best way to listen to a lot of that. 
    Yeah some of the early stereo is over exaggerated. 
    mrussel1 said:

Nice!  If were to win the lottery I would have way more than the half dozen or so Analogue Production LP's I have.  They are awesome!

By the way, that sleeve looks like a 5 Mil Sleeve City Ultimate Outer.  Good show!

brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nice!  If were to win the lottery I would have way more than the half dozen or so Analogue Production LP's I have.  They are awesome!

By the way, that sleeve looks like a 5 Mil Sleeve City Ultimate Outer.  Good show!
    They're Groove Vinyl Jimmy Hats.  Not cheap,  but I put my best vinyl in them.  They don't bunch or slip and are utterly transparent. 
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

They're Groove Vinyl Jimmy Hats.  Not cheap,  but I put my best vinyl in them.  They don't bunch or slip and are utterly transparent. 

I checked them out here:

Weird, everything is sold out except 45 RPM sleeves.  That seems odd to me.

• What are you guys putting box sets and double vinyl in?

I'm looking for a thick outer that is durable and can house a double album.  I ordered some 5mil from bags unlimited and they suck.  If the vinyl is larger than a thin single album the damn thing splits as there is no ply in the bag.

So, what are you all using?
    What are you guys putting box sets and double vinyl in?

I'm looking for a thick outer that is durable and can house a double album.  I ordered some 5mil from bags unlimited and they suck.  If the vinyl is larger than a thin single album the damn thing splits as there is no ply in the bag.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GW5JKN4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These from Amazon... but to Brian's point, they appear to be sold out right now.  They are super high quality, clear, and they sit heavy on the jacket so they don't slip or bunch like cheap polys.  They are pricey though.. basically 70 cents each.  If they stay backlogged, I'll probably check out the Sleeve City ones that he mentioned.  

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

I've been using these from Sleeve City:
    Deluxe Oversized Ultimate Outer 5.0 (50 Pack) $23.99

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    edited January 2020

I use these - https://www.amazon.com/Double-Oversize-Plastic-Outersleeves-Records/dp/B001712PZE/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1515YMLBH7I06&keywords=oversized+record+sleeves&qid=1579877961&sprefix=oversized+record%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-3
    Post edited by jazzbo26 on

these were just delivered today....

(25) 12" Double Oversize Record Outer Sleeves - Fits Most Box Sets up to 1.25" - Archival Quality Virgin Heavy Duty 3mil Thick Polyethylene #12SE03DO https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001719NXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_aEZkEb4AY9QMF

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Just ordered Springsteen live in Dublin 3LP. £23.99 on Amazon.co.uk.
    Not £35 -£40 like Gigaton. Its like they are putting some sort of premium on it because we've not had a studio album in years.

• Thx for all the suggestions!!!