Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• This is the beginning of the end my friend. It felt super slimy using Ticketmaster for a 10c presale.
  • junbugtn24junbugtn24 Chattanooga tn Posts: 103

MP109216// For Real,,, Now I know what it feels like if you’re married to someone and you find out They are married to someone else plus they have kids,,

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    If you use a similar lottery system in the future, please do not include the lottery odds at time of selection in the entry emails. Also, please do have an easily accessed page where members can check the current odds as time passes. I don't use the term "idiot proof" to insult anyone, but so many people out there seemed to have really believed they had a 99% chance to get into MSG or Baltimore.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:
    If you use a similar lottery system in the future, please do not include the lottery odds at time of selection in the entry emails. Also, please do have an easily accessed page where members can check the current odds as time passes. I don't use the term "idiot proof" to insult anyone, but so many people out there seemed to have really believed they had a 99% chance to get into MSG or Baltimore.
    That is unbelievable, with only 2 northeast shows. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:
    Strange but true, my friend. I've lost count of how many times I've seen it posted on Facebook. I don't get how anyone could think it...but they do.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Strange but true, my friend. I've lost count of how many times I've seen it posted on Facebook. I don't get how anyone could think it...but they do.
    I thought it was great that I basically had a 50/50 shot. Still lost, but that is still much better than in the past. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • MP109216MP109216 Posts: 7
    edited January 2020
    What's the deal with having to register separately for a 2nd presale? I completely missed that and feel dumb. Why cant we just have one, no one thinks they have to register yet again. Especially since we dont know if we got tickets yet from the 10c presale. Wouldn't it make sense to have this registration open after the 10c presale? Imagine this "sorry you were not selected, here is a link to register for the fan presale on thursday" wtf 10c!
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    edited January 2020
    I won St Louis solo ticket i bet on both not sure which one yet until 27th but here is the real mess you need a smart phone to get in to the show i emailed ten club to a robot response i have to have a smart phone to get in to the gig and caring it around which is not healthy for me the weight of those can make you walk different and hurt your muscular system and i need mine for my work as a Farrier ,this is like conform to our ways or your fucked, i know about the policies but this is horseshit to be forced to buy a smart phone to get to a Pearl Jam Show ,or what a out a locker inside to put it in so you dont have to carry it in or have a phone there to log into to see the ticket ,there are more choices then what they offered me ,but they didnt make them, 
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • BTW, the R.E.M. Fan Club stayed steady at $10 until its demise (because the band broke up). I always got tickets, the holiday single/package and numerous newsletters each year. 
    They also broke up a decade ago. Think about how much has changed in that time with technology in general and the music business specifically. I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. 

As the dust has settled on the lottery I think what I’m feeling is just a sadness about not feeling the magic of being part of a smaller fan club and feeling excluded in this round. The first 10c tickets I ever got I had to walk to the post office to get my money order because I wasn’t old enough to drive there and I had to write my order on a 3x5” notecard.  It was arguably a much more difficult process and the fans probably complained just as much then as now, even though tickets were pretty much guaranteed. There are just a lot more fans to complain now, haha. I also remembered that there weren’t fanclub tickets for the Vote for Change tour and I always got tickets and had some of the most fun shows. So, I really hold nothing against the 10c for trying something new and continuing to evolve. As long as the band is together I don’t see them getting rid of the fan club. 
  • MP109216 said:
    What's the deal with having to register separately for a 2nd presale? I completely missed that and feel dumb. Why cant we just have one, no one thinks they have to register yet again. Especially since we dont know if we got tickets yet from the 10c presale. Wouldn't it make sense to have this registration open after the 10c presale? Imagine this "sorry you were not selected, here is a link to register for the fan presale on thursday" wtf 10c!
    As someone is the same position, I strongly agree. At least leave Verified Fan registration open until 10C results are known. I will try on Friday but thinking I’ll be paying TM  a scalper premium later as a result of new process. 
  • MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    Long time member, since the 90s and I think this has been one of the least stressful ticketing events for PJ that I've ever done. I realize this isn't everyone's experience, but I have been really grateful. I hope things will be even better for people with the fan to fan option. It's nice to be able to see our seats ahead of time, selling tickets for face value with absolute certainty (there was always anxiety about trading online and meeting up in person and getting flaked on). I know that no system is perfect, but I think this a huge step in the right direction. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    BTW, the R.E.M. Fan Club stayed steady at $10 until its demise (because the band broke up). I always got tickets, the holiday single/package and numerous newsletters each year. 
    They also broke up a decade ago. Think about how much has changed in that time with technology in general and the music business specifically. I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. 
    Well, I was a member of both at the same time, so for me, the comparison is still valid. REM's fanclub was much more professionally run, delivered the member perk which was almost always seemed better than PJ's, communicated well and had a good forum. 10c has never been a leader in communication, technology, or fan club management.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • hoping to avoid the melodrama located above, but I do think it would be a nice perk to let people know whether they were confirmed for GA or Reserved before the public onsale, rather than after
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    edited January 2020
    Been loving PJ since 1991, 10C member since 1996. I'm frustrated that the 'GA Only' option leaves you completely fucked if that is truly your MOST desired option. I'm attending the show solo as to don't know have any friends who are smart enough to be devoted PJ fans. As a small framed female who is energetic and wants to rock out in the pit at a PJ show, and I REFUSE to consider old people reserved seats, I should have a respectably decent and fair shot at getting GA ONLY tickets when I am told that there's a 99% chance I'll get it here in LA (I'm originally from Michigan). I'm already flying to London to see them at Hyde Park, so I didn't want to be greedy to request both LA shows and go to Oakland, I just wanted ONE GA ticket to either LA show via the 10c fan presale and I got nothing. Now, I find myself again, a week later, hoping and praying that Ticketmaster will select me in their Verified fan lottery to be ALLOWED to participate and TRY to buy a GA ticket. I'm so sick of the stress of buying tickets for my favorite band in the world. You think this craziness would have tapered off by now, but NO, there is still this insane, overwhelming demand to see PJ!! That's bad and good, but Jesus, please don't forget us long time fans who want to see the best band in the world with the seat preference they have earned.

Limit show tickets fans can buy, and install a system to give those fans, like me, who lost out in the TC presale, to have exclusive access to the TM verified fan pre-sale. It makes no sense for someone who lucked out with TC presale, to ALSO gain access to the verified sale too and get lucky there, again. I'll be extremely disappointed if I am not selected for the TM verified fan, I don't know how much more I can be considered a "verified fan" with having a 149xxx member number, and supporting this awesome band since '91.

Good luck to me and my fellow jamily in the same damn predicament.
    Post edited by whitepants on
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Been loving PJ since 1991, 10C member since 1996. I'm frustrated that the 'GA Only' option leaves you completely fucked if that is truly your MOST desired option. I'm attending the show solo as to don't know have any friends who are smart enough to be devoted PJ fans. As a small framed female who is energetic and wants to rock out in the pit at a PJ show, and I REFUSE to consider old people reserved seats, I should have a respectably decent and fair shot at getting GA ONLY tickets when I am told that there's a 99% chance I'll get it here in LA (I'm originally from Michigan). I'm already flying to London to see them at Hyde Park, so I didn't want to be greedy to request both LA shows and go to Oakland, I just wanted ONE GA ticket to either LA show via the 10c fan presale and I got nothing. Now, I find myself again, a week later, hoping and praying that Ticketmaster will select me in their Verified fan lottery to be ALLOWED to participate and TRY to buy a GA ticket. I'm so sick of the stress of buying tickets for my favorite band in the world. You think this craziness would have tapered off by now, but NO, there is still this insane, overwhelming demand to see PJ!! That's bad and good, but Jesus, please don't forget us long time fans who want to see the best band in the world with the seat preference they have earned.

Limit show tickets fans can buy, and install a system to give those fans, like me, who lost out in the TC presale, to have exclusive access to the TM verified fan pre-sale. It makes no sense for someone who lucked out with TC presale, to ALSO gain access to the verified sale too and get lucky there, again. I'll be extremely disappointed if I am not selected for the TM verified fan, I don't know how much more I can be considered a "verified fan" with having a 149xxx member number, and supporting this awesome band since '91.

This old guy will be sitting in those seats while you stand outside the venue. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    ecdanc said:

ZING
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I’m just voicing my frustration over the tickets. I understand not everyone will get lottery or verified fan presale tix but I’ve seen discussions on the forum about some people getting tix via the lottery AND the presale. So while some 10 club members are not getting tix at all, some are able to get tickets for themselves (lottery) AND their friends (Pre-sale). 10 club members should only be allowed to get tix thru one avenue. Now I’m left to maybe get a ticket thru the general sale. I’ve been a 10 club member for a VERY long-time and now might not even get to see them this tour. The coordination between the lottery and pre-sale seems to be non-existent. This needs to change.
  • BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 21
    edited January 2020
    Removed 
    Post edited by BrandiM on
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
    edited January 2020
    I’m just voicing my frustration over the tickets. I understand not everyone will get lottery or verified fan presale tix but I’ve seen discussions on the forum about some people getting tix via the lottery AND the presale. So while some 10 club members are not getting tix at all, some are able to get tickets for themselves (lottery) AND their friends (Pre-sale). 10 club members should only be allowed to get tix thru one avenue. Now I’m left to maybe get a ticket thru the general sale. I’ve been a 10 club member for a VERY long-time and now might not even get to see them this tour. The coordination between the lottery and pre-sale seems to be non-existent. This needs to change.
    QC will likely have availability, and I’m sure you might be able to get OKC or one of the California shows. You’ll still get to see them this tour!
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    BrandiM said:
    I’m just voicing my frustration over the tickets. I understand not everyone will get lottery or verified fan presale tix but I’ve seen discussions on the forum about some people getting tix via the lottery AND the presale. So while some 10 club members are not getting tix at all, some are able to get tickets for themselves (lottery) AND their friends (Pre-sale). 10 club members should only be allowed to get tix thru one avenue. Now I’m left to maybe get a ticket thru the general sale. I’ve been a 10 club member for a VERY long-time and now might not even get to see them this tour. The coordination between the lottery and pre-sale seems to be non-existent. This needs to change.
    Maybe referring to the reserved seats as “old people seats” was more the issue. Some people can’t stand for hours at a time even when they are young. Others want a better chance to actually be there. If you “refuse” those seats and didn’t get GA, than really, that’s your issue, not the club.
    pearljamhead didn't say that. whitepants did. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Sorry! My mistake! I will delete!

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
    BrandiM said:
    Maybe referring to the reserved seats as “old people seats” was more the issue. Some people can’t stand for hours at a time even when they are young. Others want a better chance to actually be there. If you “refuse” those seats and didn’t get GA, than really, that’s your issue, not the club.
    +1
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    BrandiM said:
    +1
    Deleted. I hit quote on the wrong one.

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • Catmeyer71Catmeyer71 The desert by way of the C-bus. Posts: 28
    MP109216 said:
    This is the beginning of the end my friend. It felt super slimy using Ticketmaster for a 10c presale.
    At least you got to use it.  For some reason, it didn't even register my code!  I did what every good 10C fan did and threw my hat in the proverbial ring and Ticketmaster told me that I didn't do it.  

This is obviously the real reason why the Doomsday Clock moved under two minutes...GRRRRRR
    "...An undertow of futures laid to waste, embraced..." - Sad
    Columbus:  November 1991 "Get into this shit before Billy gets out here." - Ed  
    Cincy:  March 1992
    Columbus:  March 1992
    Cleveland:  July 1992 (Mudslides at Blossom) 
    Pittsburgh:  August 1992
    ------->Adulted for a while and didn't like it.
    Columbus:  August 2000
    Columbus:  June 2003
    -------->Parent stuff
    Phoenix:  November 2013
    St. Paul:  October 2014
    Seattle (1):  August 2018 
    Phoenix April 2020 (Ticket insanity)
    MP109216 said:
    This is the beginning of the end my friend. It felt super slimy using Ticketmaster for a 10c presale.
    At least you got to use it.  For some reason, it didn't even register my code!  I did what every good 10C fan did and threw my hat in the proverbial ring and Ticketmaster told me that I didn't do it.  

This is obviously the real reason why the Doomsday Clock moved under two minutes...GRRRRRR
    What went wrong? There was no code to register for the VF sale. 
  • Catmeyer71Catmeyer71 The desert by way of the C-bus. Posts: 28
    Totally understand where you are coming from and I don't understand the process of some being cut out completely but it is the nature of the beast.  You'll get to see them, that won't be an issue at all...you'll just probably not be sitting/standing where you want.  For Seattle -1 I swear to you it felt like I was sitting around people who knew like three songs, Alive, Black, Jeremy, but we'll throw in Evenflow for good measure just cause we all love Mike's solo. My point I guess is that it doesn't matter where you are in the arena...you're there. You're watching your favorite band on the planet play some of the greatest music of our lifetime and get goose bumps when you hear In Hiding or Sad (I do).   Chin up buttercup!   
    "...An undertow of futures laid to waste, embraced..." - Sad
    Columbus:  November 1991 "Get into this shit before Billy gets out here." - Ed  
    Cincy:  March 1992
    Columbus:  March 1992
    Cleveland:  July 1992 (Mudslides at Blossom) 
    Pittsburgh:  August 1992
    ------->Adulted for a while and didn't like it.
    Columbus:  August 2000
    Columbus:  June 2003
    -------->Parent stuff
    Phoenix:  November 2013
    St. Paul:  October 2014
    Seattle (1):  August 2018 
    Phoenix April 2020 (Ticket insanity)
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:

No, I managed to get tickets today for LA forum. Four rows from the stage, side, and a precious aisle seat so I can dance like a fool. It was stressful. No PIT at all which just super sucks. But I'm content. 

My previous gripe filled comment still stands. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • pc2421pc2421 Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    Can’t do it, just can’t 
    Post edited by pc2421 on
    ecdanc said:

No, I managed to get tickets today for LA forum. Four rows from the stage, side, and a precious aisle seat so I can dance like a fool. It was stressful. No PIT at all which just super sucks. But I'm content. 

My previous gripe filled comment still stands. 
    Make sure you tell everyone sitting around you how you feel about the people who sit in the reserved sections. 
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets NJ Posts: 346