The National Football League

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Go AFC!
    Pro Bowl?
    What a fucking joke that is. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Go AFC!
    Pro Bowl?
    At least some Cowboys get some exercise annually after wild card weekend as a result.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
     Anyone watch the Aaron Hernandez doc? Not as good as I was expecting and definitely some bold statements from them but good god, what a fucked up story.

There’s also another side to it where he’s just a fucking shit head who never faced consequences in his life. The one lawyer basically said this but it was like 15 seconds of a 3+ hour doc.
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Go AFC!
    Pro Bowl?
    At least some Cowboys get some exercise annually after wild card weekend as a result.

Patriots are free this year, too.

and hopefully for many to come.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Go AFC!
    Pro Bowl?

Patriots are free this year, too.

and hopefully for many to come.
    Yep first time in a while Pats are eligible to participate in the Pro Bowl unlike the annual tradition in Big D.
    Last Superb Owl appearance was what? 1996, when you just hit AARP eligibility? 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
     Anyone watch the Aaron Hernandez doc? Not as good as I was expecting and definitely some bold statements from them but good god, what a fucked up story.

There’s also another side to it where he’s just a fucking shit head who never faced consequences in his life. The one lawyer basically said this but it was like 15 seconds of a 3+ hour doc.

My wife was interested in watching and I voted for something else.  Read a few reviews that made the doc seem somewhat sympathetic to this killer - is that the case?  If not, perhaps I should reconsider.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited January 2020

My wife was interested in watching and I voted for something else.  Read a few reviews that made the doc seem somewhat sympathetic to this killer - is that the case?  If not, perhaps I should reconsider.
    Way too sympathetic. He’s gay, he has CTE, his dad died. Ya know what, lots of people go through shit and don’t murder a bunch of people 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Way too sympathetic. He’s gay, he has CTE, his dad died. Ya know what, lots of people go through shit and don’t murder a bunch of people 
    Yeah I agree. Haven't seen the last episode and don't really care if I do. 

I forgot about the gay stuff so when his high school qb just blurts out that they were in a relationship it was quite a shock. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg

I forgot about the gay stuff so when his high school qb just blurts out that they were in a relationship it was quite a shock. haha
    I actually thought the 3rd one was the best. I was pretty pissed off after the 2nd and didn’t watch the last one for another day.

I only kinda remember hearing the gay stuff. And I also think they better have a lot more evidence of it than that one dude from people who didn’t want to go on camera. They made an awful lot about him being gay for only one dude talking about it

I actually thought the 3rd one was the best. I was pretty pissed off after the 2nd and didn’t watch the last one for another day.

I only kinda remember hearing the gay stuff. And I also think they better have a lot more evidence of it than that one dude from people who didn’t want to go on camera. They made an awful lot about him being gay for only one dude talking about it
    Yeah I was thinking that too. The one high school qb was the only guy they've mentioned so far. There was another one? I mean I can see that stuff being a factor, but they're really making a big leap without a lot of supporting facts
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah I was thinking that too. The one high school qb was the only guy they've mentioned so far. There was another one? I mean I can see that stuff being a factor, but they're really making a big leap without a lot of supporting facts
    There is some stuff they touch in on in the last one during the double murder trial that makes it seem like there is other stuff that isn’t as public.  But yeah, it’s tough to say this guy is gay when there is one random dude from high school who is the only one on camera willing to say it. I think it’s a big leap too. 
    edited January 2020

he was gay? for reals? NTTAWWT.

edit: whoops....just read the above.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

he was gay? for reals? NTTAWWT.
    The documentary is pretty adamant he is though there is only one guy to officially go on camera and say so from experience
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    sooo giants hire freddie kitchens. eli retires.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    AB HAS  have some kind of mental health issue going on. whats next?

Warrant issued for arrest of AB in battery case https://es.pn/2umxAJs
    via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

If Brown goes to jail, it'll be the best thing for him, his children, and society. 

I won't name him and shame him because he made such a fool of himself at the time, but me and another user on here had a back and forth in September (while Brown was on New England) that was funny at the time, and hilarious in hindsight. I was of the opinion THEN that Brown was completely insane and the Patriots were dumb to sign him. The other user, a Patriots fan, was do defensive and actually tried to make me out to be some sort of bad guy for shit-talking Brown. "He had a tough childhood and made something of himself!" It was pathetic. When I was going on about Brown's rape allegation, the other guy brought up Big Ben (of course) and PEYTON MANNING for that time he mooned a trainer in college. It was hilarious. Fanboys are gonna fanboy I guess. I'd rather my team lose (which they do) then whore themselves by signing a subhuman piece of shit like Brown. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    mickeyrat said:

If Brown goes to jail, it'll be the best thing for him, his children, and society. 

I won't name him and shame him because he made such a fool of himself at the time, but me and another user on here had a back and forth in September (while Brown was on New England) that was funny at the time, and hilarious in hindsight. I was of the opinion THEN that Brown was completely insane and the Patriots were dumb to sign him. The other user, a Patriots fan, was do defensive and actually tried to make me out to be some sort of bad guy for shit-talking Brown. "He had a tough childhood and made something of himself!" It was pathetic. When I was going on about Brown's rape allegation, the other guy brought up Big Ben (of course) and PEYTON MANNING for that time he mooned a trainer in college. It was hilarious. Fanboys are gonna fanboy I guess. I'd rather my team lose (which they do) then whore themselves by signing a subhuman piece of shit like Brown. 

last week with the PAL thing down there, his agent filed with the union I think to sever ties......

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

last week with the PAL thing down there, his agent filed with the union I think to sever ties......
    Smart move. This guy can't be helped because to be helped, he has to admit he's been wrong. He'll never do that. If you've checked his twitter, it's EVERYBODY'S fault but his. The NFL is racist, Big Ben's a dick, his parents were deadbeats, and on and on he goes. 

Did you see the video (that he put on Instagram live himself) of him calling cops the N-word and insulting his baby-mama while his kids were right there? Just a horrible human being. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Smart move. This guy can't be helped because to be helped, he has to admit he's been wrong. He'll never do that. If you've checked his twitter, it's EVERYBODY'S fault but his. The NFL is racist, Big Ben's a dick, his parents were deadbeats, and on and on he goes. 

Did you see the video (that he put on Instagram live himself) of him calling cops the N-word and insulting his baby-mama while his kids were right there? Just a horrible human being. 
    heard about it, thats when PAL gave his money back and said dont call us, we wont call you....

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

heard about it, thats when PAL gave his money back and said dont call us, we wont call you....
    Wasn't sure what you meant by "PAL" at first but I see now you're referring to the local police down there. Yeah, he's such a disrespectful dick, they gave him back the donation he made to their youth football league. You know how fucking awful you must be for people to RETURN YOUR DONATION because they want nothing to do with you? They're going to throw the book at him for this battery charge. And they should. It's another situation of him refusing to pay someone what he owes. Like I told that Patriots fan that was defending Brown, he's the Trump of NFL players. But unlike his past ripoffs, this time, he decided to assault the guy he owed the money to. Unbelievable. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mickeyrat said:

PEYTON MANNING for that time he mooned a trainer in college.  

Mooned/teabagged, potato/potaato
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

He's a Manning, you are not allowed to say anything bad about them!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

My point is that Brown's "rap sheet" at the time was he was accused of rape, threatened a different woman's children on DMs, and ripped off dozens of people for thousands of dollars. Not to mention his craziness on the Raiders. So I thought it was quite a stretch for his defender on here to go back to Peyton Manning's college years as a way to make Brown seem not so bad. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited January 2020
    Moving away from Brown and back to reasonable folks in football, hats off to Eli for great career. I know overall he's average at best. But on the basis of those two Super Bowl runs alone, he's a legend. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384

mickeyrat said:

Based on this comment alone (I didn't witness the back & forth you're referring to), I think the Manning comparison was a reach, but the Roethlisberger comparison is more than fair.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

Lost a lot of respect for Peyton after that came out. Probably the last QB I had followed from college to the NFL back when I still watched college ball.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Moving away from Brown and back to reasonable folks in football, hats off to Eli for great career. I know overall he's average at best. But on the basis of those two Super Bowl runs alone, he's a legend. 
    Is Eli a Hall of Famer?  Or better question, is he deserving of the HOF?

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    tbergs said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

Lost a lot of respect for Peyton after that came out. Probably the last QB I had followed from college to the NFL back when I still watched college ball.
    Don’t let Archie off the hook, they smeared his accuser something fierce: 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/13/denver-broncos-peyton-manning-tennessee-sexual-assault-allegations
    Is Eli a Hall of Famer?  Or better question, is he deserving of the HOF?

Only because of the Super Bowls. I've been through this with Giants fans so many times they're tired of it. His career fascinates me because he's pretty much been an average quarterback for most of it, yet he turned in two of the most clutch performances in NFL history. 

I wonder how many other HOF qbs there are that you can make a similar argument....that if it were not for them winning multiple Super Bowl's they probably wouldn't have gotten in. Because I think that is the case here. If he doesn't win those two games, he's not HOF worthy...
    chinese-happy.jpg