Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    WTF? now, the browns want to move? I guess stadiums are now obsolete in 25 years.
    Stadium seems fine to me,  but it's in a bad location,  pinned against the lake on I-90. Where they are looking is where the famous Ford  351C was built.  That plant closed a long time ago but the property is huge and sits right where 71, 480 and the Ohio Turnpike come together.  10 minutes from where I grew up.  Would have been great to see games that close. 
    I can only imagine what a nightmare the flats must be on game day. 
    The Flats are a mile away so that is a little bit of the problem.  But mostly because Haslam can't monetize those bars.  There are no bars next to the stadium, so the muni-lot is just a shit show of drunken madness.  What Haslam really wants to do is what Leonis was trying to do in Alexandria with the Wizards and Capitals.  He wants to build the stadium and then bars and restaurants on his property.  And that Ford plant area is plenty big.  It's fucking huge.  So it would be a huge economic boom for him personally.  But also for Brook Park/Berea area which is pretty run down because the plant closed.  While I don't love taking money out of the city, the city is part of the county.  It would be good in the long run I think.  
    Ah... I thought the area of the stadium was also considered the flats. 

I get it... Kraft has Patriot Place and it's pretty f'ing impressive... now all he needs is a winning football team which I don't see happening anytime soon. 
    The winning starts in London over breakfast this Sunday.
    I won't be holding my breath.
    Jags are in disarray. This is one of the winnable games for the Pats.
     but I have zero faith in this coaching staff. 
    Friggin' Van Pelt and that enormous (and apparently empty) head calling run after run on first down. Let the kid throw the ball, especially in some non passing downs so the D can't tee off.
    I don't think AVP is even 1/4 of the problem... the fish rots from the head down, and Kraft f'ed up huge by bringing in a guy w/ zero head coaching experience. He was puffing out his chest as recently as a couple weeks ago over the Mayo hiring, and the guy looks like a deer in the headlights. 

It doesn't help that so many defensive players are injured, but still in all... Mayo is in way over his head and I'll be surprised if he hasn't already lost the team with the way he's calling some of them out to the media. 
    Never understood what public shaming accomplishes.  One of the key leadership rules is "praise publicly,  criticize privately".
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    edited October 21
    went to bed close to start of 4th quarter. seemed by then the steelers were chugging on all cyliders even though it was still close at 22-15.

getting to see wilson bring his skill set to the mix was .... relieving once he threw the first couple long balls. hope he can impart some wisdom to fields in that regard. what is that? touch, technique, feel? combo of the three?

stiil master fucking moves grabbing both qb's for this season.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,634
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    WTF? now, the browns want to move? I guess stadiums are now obsolete in 25 years.
    Stadium seems fine to me,  but it's in a bad location,  pinned against the lake on I-90. Where they are looking is where the famous Ford  351C was built.  That plant closed a long time ago but the property is huge and sits right where 71, 480 and the Ohio Turnpike come together.  10 minutes from where I grew up.  Would have been great to see games that close. 
    The Flats are a mile away so that is a little bit of the problem.  But mostly because Haslam can't monetize those bars.  There are no bars next to the stadium, so the muni-lot is just a shit show of drunken madness.  What Haslam really wants to do is what Leonis was trying to do in Alexandria with the Wizards and Capitals.  He wants to build the stadium and then bars and restaurants on his property.  And that Ford plant area is plenty big.  It's fucking huge.  So it would be a huge economic boom for him personally.  But also for Brook Park/Berea area which is pretty run down because the plant closed.  While I don't love taking money out of the city, the city is part of the county.  It would be good in the long run I think.  

I get it... Kraft has Patriot Place and it's pretty f'ing impressive... now all he needs is a winning football team which I don't see happening anytime soon. 
    Friggin' Van Pelt and that enormous (and apparently empty) head calling run after run on first down. Let the kid throw the ball, especially in some non passing downs so the D can't tee off.
    I don't think AVP is even 1/4 of the problem... the fish rots from the head down, and Kraft f'ed up huge by bringing in a guy w/ zero head coaching experience. He was puffing out his chest as recently as a couple weeks ago over the Mayo hiring, and the guy looks like a deer in the headlights. 

It doesn't help that so many defensive players are injured, but still in all... Mayo is in way over his head and I'll be surprised if he hasn't already lost the team with the way he's calling some of them out to the media. 
    Never understood what public shaming accomplishes.  One of the key leadership rules is "praise publicly,  criticize privately".

Public shaming pretty much signals when things have gone off of the rails.  A good operation doesn't throw their own under the bus.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,744
    mickeyrat said:

getting to see wilson bring his skill set to the mix was .... relieving once he threw the first couple long balls. hope he can impart some wisdom to fields in that regard. what is that? touch, technique, feel? combo of the three?

Wilson has long been known as a great deep ball thrower. Don't think he can impart that to Fields. It's a gift (practiced for sure) that some have and many do not. He is one of the best at it of his generation.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 30,028
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

my bad….thought you were talking about scott van pelt, even tho it made no sense why SVP would be calling for runs, unless he was calling a game, which he doesn’t do.

however, SVP also has an enormous and toaster shaped head and he sucks.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    Can't believe Bowles was still throwing the ball with all his starters in. That Godwin injury looked bad. They did almost get me a miracle comeback win in fantasy with Baker. Lost by one.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,859
    They should have kept Saleh
    I miss igotid88