Mile High Club: Denver Roll Call

SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
edited January 2020 in The Porch
Having so much fun in the 2020 Rumor thread, I got to thinking... I'm off for spring break during the Denver show, can it be done? 

And thus the tickets have been SECURED. My flight has been booked. My AirBNB has been secured. I'm making Denver my priority show this go round! 

I only have a couple of days around the city, so what do you guys think I should check out while in town? My AirBNB is about 11 minutes away from Pepsi, should I try renting a car for my stay or could I rely on walking/transit/uber to get around? The place I'm staying is also located to 3 dispensaries, but who offers the best bang for your buck, or has the best experience? My only other experiences with "legal" weed have been in Vegas and Boston. 

So who's joining me?? 

Come find me during the show and this can be us: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfSS1e3kYeo
Post edited by SandyRavage on

Comments

• LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    I’m in, see you there!  Can’t help with the rest of your questions.  Do check out Wynkoop Brewing, though. You shouldn’t be disappointed. 
  • Rent a car and go into the mountains. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
  • Do you like beer? If so your options in Denver are endless, but I'd hit Beirstadt Lagerhaus and get the Slow Pour Pils.
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    How the fuck are you even coherent enough to type at this point? That buzz could not have worn off yet?!?!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    If you end up renting a car, could you pick my parents up at the airport?
    i just had to tell them the show is the night they fly in to visit and they have to get an Uber to my house now.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs is a must for all first timers
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    I'm also making my first trek to this city, staying near the convention center, which said its about a mile walk to the venue. Going from Wed to Sat. Following this thread, as I have the same questions. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    So much to see and lots to do that dont involve beer or pot.
    Visit Red Rocks. It's a Denver City park so it's open during the day.
    Go to Boulder and hike Chautauqua and the Flatirons
    If it's open hit the Shelby Museum in Boulder.
    Denver Art Museum is a worthwhile visit.
    Go to Snooze for brunch/ breakfast but there will be a wait at any location.
    Rosenbergs for the best bagels west of the Hudson.
    So many restaurants to choose from but try to get to Root Down.
    For beer selection and food near the venue go to Freshcraft.
    For beer selection near the venue go to Falling Rock Tap House.
    As for breweries there are so many to choose from ask a local resident. But stay away from the touristy places. (BJs, Wynkoop, 10 Barrel, Blue Moon,.etc)
    Go to the RiNo district for multiple breweries and quality restaurants. 
    I could go on and on.
    Stay away from the 16th st. mall

Have fun
  • Denver is not a great city to get around without a car, unless you are planning on limiting yourself to the downtown / LoDo / HiLo / 16th Street Mall areas.  Many things to see and do in our fair state.  Go up to the mountains, go to Boulder, go to Colorado Springs.  The list is endless!  Feel free to PM me if you have any particular questions!  So glad PJ is coming back to Denver this tour!!!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Good info above in the last couple posts. Thanks. I’ll be heading in from Chicago. 
    edited January 2020
    As someone who moved from Colorado Springs to Denver over the summer and still makes the drive between the 2 at least once a month I would say skip the trip to the Springs. Assuming you only have about 3 days, traffic is unreliable (seems like they've been doing construction on the 25 for 5 years!) and can waste half a day in traffic just driving between the two. If you have more time there are great things there, but with just a few days I would avoid the drive.
    Our favorite place to eat is this Jewish Deli if you like that sort of thing. The Reubens are some of the best I've ever had.
    http://www.bageldeli.com/

But there's tons of great places to eat.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    Also, assuming a lot of fellow fans from Denver reading this, I just scored round trip flights to St Louis for $72 on Frontier last night. If you were thinking of making that a stop, check that out.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    So much to see and lots to do that dont involve beer or pot.
    Visit Red Rocks. It's a Denver City park so it's open during the day.
    Go to Boulder and hike Chautauqua and the Flatirons
    If it's open hit the Shelby Museum in Boulder.
    Denver Art Museum is a worthwhile visit.
    Go to Snooze for brunch/ breakfast but there will be a wait at any location.
    Rosenbergs for the best bagels west of the Hudson.
    So many restaurants to choose from but try to get to Root Down.
    For beer selection and food near the venue go to Freshcraft.
    For beer selection near the venue go to Falling Rock Tap House.
    As for breweries there are so many to choose from ask a local resident. But stay away from the touristy places. (BJs, Wynkoop, 10 Barrel, Blue Moon,.etc)
    Go to the RiNo district for multiple breweries and quality restaurants. 
    I could go on and on.
    Stay away from the 16th st. mall

Have fun
    Hey now... Wynkoop is FUN!  There are better breweries but that place is always a blast and is very centrally located. 

Estes Park is cool, if you have time go up into RMNP and take a hike around Bear Lake. Unfortunately it won’t be frozen enough to hike ON the lake that time of year. 

If you’re really adventurous, drive up into the tundra at RNMP. You’ll likely see elk, pika, and all kinds of other cool wildlife. Denver and vicinity is awesome!
  • nooramnooram Posts: 388
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
    There's also a very good chance the big slopes are going to be open until June again this year. April might be a great month to spend a day skiing. Can usually find some great deals that time of year too.
  • gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    Maybe..... Need to find a sitter for my son, or hell I am taking him.  Just to get other people on the board upset about it.  lol
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Just posted. Denver will be drawn 1st tomorrow.
  • wbutler29 said:
    Where is this info???
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    wbutler29 said:
    Where is this info???
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2020-north-america-tour-presale-timeline

Coming down from Montana, and this will be my one show this go around. To echo some others, tons of breweries to try out in the greater Denver area. My personal favorites are Cerebral, Renegade and Station 26. Freshcraft is awesome and somewhere you can spend a lot of time and money on beer and food. The Art Museum is pretty amazing. If you haven't been to Red Rocks, I think it's worth driving out to. Depending on what you're into and on weather, the zoo is actually pretty fun. There are quite a few rooftop patios around downtown so depending on weather, lots of good places to get a good day buzz going. The last show in Denver was pretty awesome so I have high hopes for this one. Cheers. 
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula

Ticket Request Processing Schedule:

• Jan 16th - Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City, Hamilton 
    • Jan 17th - Denver, LA 1 & LA 2, Oakland 1 & Oakland 2
    • Jan 18th - TBD
    • Jan 19th - TBD

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2020-north-america-tour-pres
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Just got some current local intel from my brother in Denver.

best high end eats: 
    morin
    franca

best taco:
    el tacos de mexico
    señor bear

best bbq:
    owl bear

best pizza:
    bar dough
    cart driver

best ramen:
    uncle

best dispensary:
    veritas cannabis
    urban dispensary

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    If you're coming in from out of state and spending the weekend in Colorado I'd drive up to Frisco for a few hours on Friday. Drive up over Loveland Pass and Swan Mountain Road, go for a hike on Peaks Trail in Frisco, and then grab a beer at Highside Brewing or Outer Range before heading back down to Denver. I'd recommend doing this on Friday to avoid weekend traffic on I-70. 
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • really depends on what you wanna do if you wanna go to Boulder, Mtns, or Colo Springs then rent a car. If ur ok with Ubering around town then that better, DENVER Traffic is shit. The fact that ur only experience with dispensaries is only in LV, you won’t be disappointed no matter where you go. It also depends on what ur poison is flower, edibles, dab, concentrate. I’d stay away from edibles if ur not used to them. 

I’ve lived here over 40 years so PM me if you want more details. 

• jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    wbutler29 said:
    Not necessarily first draw, but will be tomorrow. Toronto is listed first in that list for today but ended up as last drawn, fwiw. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • DR178830DR178830 Denver, Colorado Posts: 5
    Denver is tomorrow! I’m waiting on STL as well with my flight already booked. Denver has been skipped over for so many tours but 2014 was so epic it’s awesome to see we got a show. 
    There are a ton of good suggestions already for the out of towners, I just wanted to add a couple.  If you don’t plan to leave the city and your close to the venue don’t bother with a car.  I highly recommend checking out Finns Manor if your a beer or spirits fan.  Deviation Distillery for an amazing G&T, Adrift for Tiki. Close to the venue before the show Brass Tacks is great.
  • PettyHeadPettyHead Erie, PA Posts: 128
    Best brewery in Denver?

Best record store in Denver?
    1998 -Barrie, ON
    2003 -Cleveland
    2006 -Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2007 -Lolla
    2008 -EV -Santa Cruz, PJ -DC
    2009 -EV -Baltimore I & II, PJ -Chicago I
    2010 -Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 -EV -Detroit, Bridge School I & II, PJ -Toronto
    2013 -Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - PJ - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Toronto I, Wrigley I & II, TOTD - MSG
    2017 - PJ - NYC - RRHOF Induction, EV - Nashville
    2018 - Wrigley I & II
    2022 - Hamilton, ON, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago I & II
    2024 - Baltimore
    edited January 2020
    Locals. Start thinking about a good locale for the wishlist preparty. Ideally walkable to the arena and a large enough place that can handle a couple of hundred folks coming and going for the afternoon. Also if there are some great local charities that you are aware of they align with the band’s vision and mission, toss those out as well.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited January 2020
    PettyHead said:
    Best brewery in Denver?

Best record store in Denver?
    Record Store: Twist and Shout on E. Colfax

Too many breweries to name just 1 or 2.
    Every one of us with significant Denver area brewery experience has a differing opinion.
    My best advice is to go to a tap house where you will find lots of options.

Denver: Falling Rock, Freshcraft, Euclid Hall, Star Bar
    Boulder: Backcountry Pizza
    Broomfield: Colorado Keg House (only CO beers on tap)
    Ft. Collins: Mayor of Old Town

Parrys pizza....not very good pizza but depending on which location you go to 60-120 taps.

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • PettyHeadPettyHead Erie, PA Posts: 128
     B) 
    1998 -Barrie, ON
    2003 -Cleveland
    2006 -Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2007 -Lolla
    2008 -EV -Santa Cruz, PJ -DC
    2009 -EV -Baltimore I & II, PJ -Chicago I
    2010 -Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 -EV -Detroit, Bridge School I & II, PJ -Toronto
    2013 -Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - PJ - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Toronto I, Wrigley I & II, TOTD - MSG
    2017 - PJ - NYC - RRHOF Induction, EV - Nashville
    2018 - Wrigley I & II
    2022 - Hamilton, ON, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago I & II
    2024 - Baltimore
  • SlettelleirSlettelleir Mendota Heights, MN Posts: 108
    Just got my Denver confirmation!