Options

Mile High Club: Denver Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    zmoney2128zmoney2128 Chicago, IL Posts: 26
    I live in Denver. Some suggestions:

Breweries: Cerebral, Denver Beer Co., Ratio, Spangalang, Crooked Stave (If you like sours, they do them better than anyone in the country IMO)

Food: Fire on the Mountain for wings, Park Burger for burgers, Angelo's for pasta, Tacos Tequila Whiskey for Mexican

Record stores: Twist and Shout, Wax Trax

Hikes: My recommendation is a trail called Independence Trail. It starts at Pence Park in nearby Evergreen. It's never crowded like the Boulder hikes, is pretty short, and has a really good view at the top.

Would also recommend checking out Union Station, which isn't too far from the venue. The inside was completely redone and there is a nice bar in there. The entire RINO area is really cool for graffiti, plus tons of bars, breweries, and quality restaurants. Also, Blake Street Tavern is a good sports bar and the entire basement is filled with darts, cornhole, pop a shot, etc.
    I would also suggest Trve Brewery and, if you have time, take the tour at Stranahan's Distillery. 
  • Options
    zmoney2128zmoney2128 Chicago, IL Posts: 26
    I'm in for Denver, flying in from Chicago. It's my wife's first show and she picked Denver. Looking forward to it. We've only been there a couple of times, but Denver is fun. 
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    ed243421 said:
    Pretty sure I’m looking for a Denver single 
    I may have a spare for Denver. It's yours if you want it.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    ed243421 said:
    Pretty sure I’m looking for a Denver single 
    I may have a spare for Denver. It's yours if you want it.

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    New tenclub member here.. Been in Denver for a little over two years now and this will be my 2nd PJ show (Philly 2016).. Perhaps a dumb question, but what's the "Wishlist gathering"?  Would love to meet up with some fellow fans if that's some kind of organized fan event..

Anyway, couldn't be more excited for it and Denver is an awesome place for anybody traveling from out of town.  To the guy who said Rosenbergs best bagels west of the Hudson: couldn't agree more.  Moved out from Philly / Jersey area and Rosenbergs honestly beats most places back home.  Even serves pork roll.  Must stop place for a breakfast sandwich. Hopefully weather will be warming up around April time as there's tons of really cool outdoor / rooftop bars all over Denver nowadays (54thirty, Viewhouse, Jacksons, Tap 14, the list goes on).

I can't fucking wait for April 9th
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    dbirch11 said:
    New tenclub member here.. Been in Denver for a little over two years now and this will be my 2nd PJ show (Philly 2016).. Perhaps a dumb question, but what's the "Wishlist gathering"?  Would love to meet up with some fellow fans if that's some kind of organized fan event..

Anyway, couldn't be more excited for it and Denver is an awesome place for anybody traveling from out of town.  To the guy who said Rosenbergs best bagels west of the Hudson: couldn't agree more.  Moved out from Philly / Jersey area and Rosenbergs honestly beats most places back home.  Even serves pork roll.  Must stop place for a breakfast sandwich. Hopefully weather will be warming up around April time as there's tons of really cool outdoor / rooftop bars all over Denver nowadays (54thirty, Viewhouse, Jacksons, Tap 14, the list goes on).

I can't fucking wait for April 9th

Wishlist gathering is an event that takes place the day of each PJ show at a local establishment.  A group of locals coordinate with the Wishlist foundation and identify local charities to share some of the day's donations from PJ raffles and give-aways.  always a good time and great to support the local community and catch up with fellow concert goers.
  • Options
    DR178830DR178830 Denver, Colorado Posts: 5
    My Denver tix came in during a meeting this morning at work, I nearly had to leave the room. St. Louis is up tomorrow and if I get those I’m all set. I did BA for both. 
  • Options
    JMoneyJMoney Denver Posts: 44
    Two for the show!
    Lake Fairfax, VA '92 - Missoula, MT '12 - Baltimore '13 - Denver '14 - Telluride '16 - Denver '22
  • Options
    Got Denied my Denver tix request.  Fan club since 2013 but Fan since 1993 when I was 13.  I live in Loveland, about an hour north of Denver.  If anyone is going to looking to rid of one or more of their GA tix, please let me know.  I have a 2013 PIttsburgh poster that you can look at in person (but you can't have).  
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • Options
    PearlJamFanLVPearlJamFanLV Las Vegas, NV Posts: 42
    edited January 2020
    Willing to possibly trade any CO tickets?? I screwed up when I was ordering. I may have extra tix to AZ or SD. Will know tomorrow. Should have reserved seats with 10C number of 170***.
    Post edited by PearlJamFanLV on
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited January 2020
    I'm in the building, don't know where. Decided to spend the entire week, Saturday-Saturday, because I'm on Spring Break. Honestly, for the rest of the week besides the concert, maybe all I will do is smoke pot, take naps, and order take out. It's been a rough couple of years taking care of my elderly mother. Having an entire week where I am not responsible for another human being will be heavenly. I've had only two other breaks since May 2017. And I just turned 50, so there's that. Thank you, Pearl Jam, for giving me something to look forward. I can't wait!
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    I'm in the building, don't know where. Decided to spend the entire week, Saturday-Saturday, because I'm on Spring Break. Honestly, for the rest of the week besides the concert, maybe all I will do is smoke pot, take naps, and order take out. It's been a rough couple of years taking care of my elderly mother. Having an entire week where I am not responsible for another human being will be heavenly. I've had only two other breaks since May 2017. And I just turned 50, so there's that. Thank you, Pearl Jam, for giving me something to look forward. I can't wait!

IF you need a smoke buddy with a 20-something perspective on life that maybe you can help coach, my door is always open 
  • Options
    Good Karma being sent your way.
    and the pot options are mega in that town  :)
  • Options
    fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    Got Denied my Denver tix request.  Fan club since 2013 but Fan since 1993 when I was 13.  I live in Loveland, about an hour north of Denver.  If anyone is going to looking to rid of one or more of their GA tix, please let me know.  I have a 2013 PIttsburgh poster that you can look at in person (but you can't have).  
    Hilarious! 
  • Options
    willnycwillnyc ...nyc Posts: 131
    Flying from NY - haven't been to Denver in 23 years.  Super excited to do all the things I possibly can (I'll be able to spend about 4-5 days in town).  Thanks for all the suggestions, and I'm always down to meet up with people.  MIGHT have an extra ticket, will keep people posted.  

Cheers!
  • Options
    Hoping to see you all in Denver! Am seeking one floating GA to join two of my friends who were lucky to receive a pair. If anyone wants to hang with us, is going solo and has a GA to sell to a fellow fan- please get in touch! 
  • Options
    Hi All,
    got my confirmation! BA first choice (269***). see you there!

In addition to all the other suggestions, my personal favorite place is the botanical garden, and a great art museum is el museo de las americas. Also, I personally don’t think it is difficult to get around the city. Between RTD busses and light rails, scooters, the free 16th street bus, and Uber/lyft, you can skip renting a car unless you want to go out of the city. 

If you’re flying in, you can take the light rail from the airport to union station for $10. 

16th street mall is weird - very touristy with a your choice of high priced, mediocre restaurants, a lot of homelessness (often with clear mental health issues), panhandling, and public weed smoking. However, there are a lot of street performers that can be entertaining especially the robot guy. 

If you prefer a more low key/dive bar, Williams tavern is a place I like - one pool table and a sign up white board that will get you mixing with some cool folks. Also, Lakeview lounge has a local/regulars feel (coors on draft and mystery shots) with a nice patio overlooking Sloan’s lake and the city skyline; they’re open at 7am too.

my last suggestions to check out are the Santa Fe arts district, pearl street, and there are also a lot of cool bars on south broadway with live music. 

"...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    I only put in for one show, Denver and went for GA or bust, so we’re super happy to get them. Seems like there’s lots of hotels within a mile or so of the venue, is this a decent/fun area to stay?
  • Options
    DR178830DR178830 Denver, Colorado Posts: 5
    I only put in for one show, Denver and went for GA or bust, so we’re super happy to get them. Seems like there’s lots of hotels within a mile or so of the venue, is this a decent/fun area to stay?
    The pepsi center is right next to downtown. You can walk or Uber anywhere from there so any hotel downtown is centrally located to the venue and great parts of the city.
  • Options
    Yes, it’s a great spot, easy to take light rail or u we or just walk. We do get blizzards in April so hopefully it’s 75 and sunny that day.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Yes, it’s a great spot, easy to take light rail or u we or just walk. We do get blizzards in April so hopefully it’s 75 and sunny that day.
    Yes, the weather. I was thinking about the weather while booking everything last night. Will be an interesting week regardless.
  • Options
    Saved $300 CDN booking my room near the Pepsi Center on Monday.  Prices have skyrocketed. 
  • Options
    People can try the Denver tech center or the DTC. Easy light rail ride and good hotels. Maybe 15-20 min train ride
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Light rail has a Pepsi center stop and runs pretty much anywhere. I’d look for cheap hotels along the rail 
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Anybody remember where the 2016 wishlist party was? Was it a good venue/successful event?
  • Options
    bump with me if you have your tickets and don't have to worry ;)
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    So much to see and lots to do that dont involve beer or pot.
    Visit Red Rocks. It's a Denver City park so it's open during the day.
    Go to Boulder and hike Chautauqua and the Flatirons
    If it's open hit the Shelby Museum in Boulder.
    Denver Art Museum is a worthwhile visit.
    Go to Snooze for brunch/ breakfast but there will be a wait at any location.
    Rosenbergs for the best bagels west of the Hudson.
    So many restaurants to choose from but try to get to Root Down.
    For beer selection and food near the venue go to Freshcraft.
    For beer selection near the venue go to Falling Rock Tap House.
    As for breweries there are so many to choose from ask a local resident. But stay away from the touristy places. (BJs, Wynkoop, 10 Barrel, Blue Moon,.etc)
    Go to the RiNo district for multiple breweries and quality restaurants. 
    I could go on and on.
    Stay away from the 16th st. mall

Have fun
    I've been in CO for about 3.5yrs (moved from NY) and this post is right on point.  If you are a beer junky you definitely want to check out Falling Rock Tap House, they have a crazy good selection. If you like/prefer vegan and vegetarian food, check out City o City, Make believe Bakery, or Watercourse.  I will be staying somewhere downtown that night, then heading to DIA the following morning for PHX. 

I would recommend getting out of downtown and seeing the mountains!  
  • Options
    prljmr316prljmr316 Denver, CO Posts: 162
    In the can with a single BA. Only show tried for. #676xxx

A reasonably priced dispensary with decent enough quality is Options on 44th Ave, in suburb of Wheat Ridge. Not too far from Lakeview Lounge or Pepsi Center, maybe 30min drive on the back roads. Try and avoid the interstates during rush hour if possible.

Weather can be volitale and very localized in April! We get 300 days of sunshine a year, so let's all hope for that, but anything from tornados, hail, thunderstorms, to a two or 3 foot blizzard can happen in April here! Best to check a local Denver forecast before any packing or planning decisions. The national forecasts can be way off. Even meteorologists say it's one of the most difficult places in the country to predict the weather. Also even on a warm hot day, it cools of drastically at night compared to most cities, due to the altitude. Ventures into the mountains can present completely different weather than the city as well.
    You can see it all in the course of a single day sometimes! It can be a sight to see in itself. Lol
    John Strohmeyer
  • Options
    Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    Does anyone know what sections the 10c tickets are for this show?  A screen shot of the stadium when you picked.  If not, does anyone know if it was just floor, 100 and 200 level or was it the entire place including behind stage?
  • Options
    SlettelleirSlettelleir Mendota Heights, MN Posts: 108
    edited January 2020
    I don’t remember seeing any sections behind the stage highlighted...I wanna say it was just 100, 200 levels and the floor 

edit: there were some highlighted in the lower 300 sections along the sides...
    Post edited by Slettelleir on