tea party

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Did you guys notice the new Moist vinyl issues?
    wasnt the biggest fan but they had some good songs.
    I did not but I'll have to look into that.  I saw them play at the old arena here in the 90s.  It was a really really really good show.   I wouldn't mind picking up the first few moist records on vinyl.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Nice!! I saw them and I Mother Earth together in the mid nintees. Good show. 
    These reissues are the first 3 albums they did. 
    I think they only ever released 4 albums total.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    new EP out today:

Black River EP

1-Black River
    2-Way Way Down
    3-So Careless
    4-Shelter
    5-Out On The Tiles (Zep)
    6-Blood Moon Rising (Wattsy's Song)

only vinyl and digital. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Cutting CDs right out now. 
    Cutting CDs right out now. 
    i had asked stuart when they did the transmission 20th anniversary re-record if they'd be pressing cd's for it. he said no, citing the environmental impact of cd's. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

what do you folks think of Tea Party, Headstones, Big Wreck, and Moist touring together this year? #saintsandsinners2020 is the hashtag (which I actually had to correct them on-originally they all posted the hashtag #saints+sinners2020 and the + sign cuts off the rest of the text-so they all changed it and reposted LOL-when will these musicians learn how to hashtag properly? LOL). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    I am really pumped for this tour. I saw the Tea Party and Moist last year at the Commodore in Vancouver, and both shows were superb!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    iammine16 said:
    I am really pumped for this tour. I saw the Tea Party and Moist last year at the Commodore in Vancouver, and both shows were superb!

I would love to see Moist again.  They played the old arena here in Victoria sometime in the lane 90s.   It was an amazing show.  One of my favourites.   It would be awesome if the came back to town.
    I asked the headstones drummer last night on IG live if they'd be headlining, he said he didn't know yet, he doesn't even know the routing yet. So we shall see. It will be weird for me to see HS if they aren't headlining. in 25 years that's only happened once (except festivals).
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I’ll be in Europe seeing PJ but this would be a helluva show! 

• Posted that on the fly... everyone knew lol. 
    Still too bad I’ll be out of town. 
    new jeff martin solo single available for free download for a "very limited time". 

https://www.jeffmartinofficial.com/
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• new jeff martin solo single available for free download for a "very limited time". 

Decent track, I'm assuming the forthcoming release is an EP again?
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:
    new jeff martin solo single available for free download for a "very limited time". 

Decent track, I'm assuming the forthcoming release is an EP again?
    which release? the next tea party? I believe so, yes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Jeff Martin new release.
    Jeff Martin new release.
    ah, I didn't see the text at the bottom of the page. didn't know he was releasing more than the single. I would imagine it's probably another EP. that seems to be the way TTP and Jeff are doing things these days. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Fair enough, that's my assumption as well.
    I am wired and fading...
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2020
    I was in “Groove Yard Records” in Penticton BC this past weekend. They have two copies of the 100 signed by the band RSD Black River EPs if anyone is interested.  Ive already got one so I didn’t ask what they wanted for them. 
    new jeff martin 6 song ep out today; digital, cd, or limited vinyl. it's pricey. 6 song cd is $22 plus $24 shipping. vinyl is $75 plus $24 shipping. or digital in mp3 or wave. www.jeffmartinofficial.com

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    It's pricey but it's AUD so not as bad as it first looks. I ordered a physical copy, still waiting for the download code.
    I am wired and fading...
    nope, those are canadian dollars i posted. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2020
    RoeDawg13 said:
    It's pricey but it's AUD so not as bad as it first looks. I ordered a physical copy, still waiting for the download code.
    it's not a code. they send you an email with a link to a google drive to download from. it's all done manually by a dude in his management company. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

oh, right. AUD and CAD are closer than USD is, my bad.

I never got an email with a link, just a couple of emails thanking me for the order and an order confirmation. Sent an email so hopefully I hear back soon
    I am wired and fading...
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    $75 for an EP? 
    its getting out of hand really
    $75 for an EP? 
    its getting out of hand really

It's expensive. I'm not sure how it all works but I'm assuming the cost of pressing more records makes it less per unit for the artist and with a release like this there just isn't the demand for a big pressing so the costs are split among a smaller number of units. The last few full band releases weren't badly priced.
    I am wired and fading...
    i emailed the guy back asking how i could obtain jeff's earlier ep, The Palace Volume 1: Sub Rosa, and he said they are looking at reissuing past releases. i hope so. having them available only on tour in australia is stupid. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i emailed the guy back asking how i could obtain jeff's earlier ep, The Palace Volume 1: Sub Rosa, and he said they are looking at reissuing past releases. i hope so. having them available only on tour in australia is stupid. 

I can hook you up with mp3/FLAC for the time being until there's a reissue if you need
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:

I can hook you up with mp3/FLAC for the time being until there's a reissue if you need
    thanks. i do have the digital files. you're always so great at hooking up a fellow fan! i appreciate that!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

new track "Summertime" out today. easily the worst song this band has ever released. What an abysmal attempt at radio play and beer commercial marketing. 

they might as well make a video of the band on a dock surrounded by bikini clad hotties wearing Corona cowboy hats. 

Blech. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD