*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I'm glad you guys are talking about tickets. Last week had a bad experience.  I was looking for tickets and I always like the aisle seat so I select that feature on stubhub. Literally no games I checked have aisle seats. Nothing in the next week, nothing for the rest of the season. I tried away games and just other events in general and there were plenty of aisle seats. Pretty slim chance that there were zero aisle seats available for just Sixers home games. 

So I chatted with a Sixers rep online who acted like I was a moron until he searched for himself and said "yeah it looks like a glitch or something." I told him to escalate the issue to a manager and he said they have nothing to do with stubhub. Fuck that guy. His organization is pushing us to the stubhub site. Horrible customer service. 

So then I chatted with a stubhub rep who acted like I was a moron as well, saying there clearly are aisle seats. Told me to try a different browser, clear cache/history yada yada....I did that and tried three browsers and even tried the app on my phone and tried it on a different laptop---no fucking aisle seats. Then he sent me a link to the game I was interested in, and low and behold--aisle seats!. Literally the only way I was able to search for aisle seats was through the link the stubhub rep sent me. I told him there was an issue with the site and he disagreed with me. Fuck that guy as well. 

Anyway--I'm just curious...when you guys get a chance, can you check and see if you can find aisle seats for any Sixers home game? You just have to click "seat features" and then "aisle." I'm wondering if this is some kind of ploy to get you to contact a Sixers rep directly or literally just a glitch. Never had an issue with any other event finding aisle seats. I don't know. It's just weird. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @RiotZact is the view from the upper middle good enough to keep a ten year old interested in the game or should I try for closer?  Looking to see the golden state warriors on a Tuesday night.  
    The view is the best in the house in my opinion, you can see everything that happens. The only issue would be if he couldn’t see over people, but I’ve seen plenty of kids even younger than 10 behind me in those sections and they were having tons of fun. I always get in the first 10 rows of the 3 middle most sections on either side, so I can’t speak to anything other than that. 
    If you're going upper level, I would not go any higher than first 10 rows if possible. Gets pretty steep and leg rooms is rough up there. 
    And let me know if you are able to find aisle seats!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @RiotZact is the view from the upper middle good enough to keep a ten year old interested in the game or should I try for closer?  Looking to see the golden state warriors on a Tuesday night.  
    The view is the best in the house in my opinion, you can see everything that happens. The only issue would be if he couldn’t see over people, but I’ve seen plenty of kids even younger than 10 behind me in those sections and they were having tons of fun. I always get in the first 10 rows of the 3 middle most sections on either side, so I can’t speak to anything other than that. 
    If you're going upper level, I would not go any higher than first 10 rows if possible. Gets pretty steep and leg rooms is rough up there. 
    And let me know if you are able to find aisle seats!
    Yeah good call. There are also some sections out of those 6 that I mentioned (3 on each side) that have way tighter seating than the others, but I can’t for the life of me remember which ones were better. 

And that’s a bizarre story Juggs, I’ll definitely check that out next time I’m on the site. Weird. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Checked 3 games. No aisle seats. The stubhub partnership is a fucking scam. Sixers have built up some goodwill but that is complete bullshit 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    This stubhub thing is a total scam.  I m just not understanding it at all.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Checked 3 games. No aisle seats. The stubhub partnership is a fucking scam. Sixers have built up some goodwill but that is complete bullshit 
    It really is bullshit. I'm thinking of alerting some of the beat writers to this. Maybe they can draw attention to it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    What’s the knock against stub hub?  Is it just that the sixers are partnering with them? Personally I’m a big fan I’d stub hub in general. Only place I buy tickets anymore.  With this new pj tour upcoming I’m afraid they are going to try some way to limit secondary ticketed and is going to make it difficult to find tickets to multiple shows.  I like the idea of having a choice to pay what the demand price is or not. 
    pjhawks said:
    What’s the knock against stub hub?  Is it just that the sixers are partnering with them? Personally I’m a big fan I’d stub hub in general. Only place I buy tickets anymore.  With this new pj tour upcoming I’m afraid they are going to try some way to limit secondary ticketed and is going to make it difficult to find tickets to multiple shows.  I like the idea of having a choice to pay what the demand price is or not. 
    I like it in general too. I don't like the Sixers partnership because there is no way to tell if you are buying from the team or from individual people.

My beef today is that, for some strange reason, you are unable to buy aisle seats without directly contacting a rep from the Sixers. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    I like it in general too. I don't like the Sixers partnership because there is no way to tell if you are buying from the team or from individual people.

My beef today is that, for some strange reason, you are unable to buy aisle seats without directly contacting a rep from the Sixers. 
    I don’t like the fact that you can’t see a detailed map when buying to see what tickets are or aren’t available.  I m also confused on how these ticket sales even work...like was there ever an individual game ticket sales to the general public that wasn’t in stub hub?
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:

I don’t like the fact that you can’t see a detailed map when buying to see what tickets are or aren’t available.  I m also confused on how these ticket sales even work...like was there ever an individual game ticket sales to the general public that wasn’t in stub hub?
    Everything has been in stubhub for the last couple years. There is a map, though. Right after you click how many tickets you want, it should pop up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

The non-aisle seat thing is bizarre.  That is my usual first choice for tix too and rarely ever had a problem with concert tickets with that. 
    Like how the hell do I know if I am getting a good deal if there is no face vale? This is so freaking odd.  
    Great decision making by Embiid there at the end of regulation. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    didn't realize the sixers had a game this afternoon. Of course no Embiid and they got smoked
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Haven't watched anything of late.  What is going on?
    Just the best win of this era followed up by 3 fucking turds. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    nothing too shocking. let's recap.  Embiid missed another game due to supposed injury.  the two new vets have questioned the teams accountability (read: heart).  Embiid said if you are open you have to start shooting (dig at Simmons) and apparently Simmons id banging Kendall Jenner again.  oh and sam hinkie still can't get a job in the NBA.  I think that pretty much covers it for now :hang_loose:
    lol goodness. Tough couple games coming up too.
    Well that’s more like it. 

More games like this please. Clap your hands. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

Oh man!
    Still almost had a triple double
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Larry Bird finger!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Embiid out indefinitely.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    solid win tonight against the C's

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Nice win. I think Boston needs a new coach.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Shoot. The. Fucking. Ball. Ben.

If there was ever a time for Ben to step it up, it is right now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Great game today from Ben!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Probably a career best. He has definitely stepped things up over the last week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    9 steals between Simmons and Thybulle. If Thybulle could score more consistently I would vote to have Horford moved to the bench and come out as part of a deadly second unit. 
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Probably a career best. He has definitely stepped things up over the last week.
    Simmons was spectacular, tied a career-best for points, also was first triple-double of at least 34 points and five steals ever.  
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."