Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited June 2023
    Wait wasn't this sorta the sign and trade scenario I was hoping for?

I mean not *exactly* what I said, since he can't be extended. BUT this has to be the best case scenario for the Sixers outside of that.
    No this is him opting into his last year instead of us signing him to a new contract. 

Basically whatever team (or teams) Harden wants to go to can't afford (or doesn't want) to sign him long term and would prefer to take him on as an expiring contract. So yeah, this seems like best case scenario. 

Also....I'd like for the NBA to give us some draft picks back as there clearly has been some tampering going on lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    So if we can get him and Harris off the books that's huge.
  • Options
    Sooooo, basically: is Maxey worth Dame? I really don't know about that. If I get more than 3 years out of Lillard (at his current level) then I think I can swallow that.
  • Options
    Sooooo, basically: is Maxey worth Dame? I really don't know about that. If I get more than 3 years out of Lillard (at his current level) then I think I can swallow that.
    Yeah I think he is. Looks like Dame only wants to go to Miami though?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, apparently. Which is fine. I really hope if they're moving Harden then they make sure they move Harris, too.
  • Options
    Yeah, apparently. Which is fine. I really hope if they're moving Harden then they make sure they move Harris, too.
    There's some Tobias deals that might be pretty good. DeRozan and Lavine both might be had. But this Harden situation needs to get resolved first and looks like it could drag out maybe. Sucks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,904
    probably although i'd prefer if maxey stayed here.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The fact that Thybulle is getting such ridiculous money made his trade a win for the Sixers.
  • Options
    The fact that Thybulle is getting such ridiculous money made his trade a win for the Sixers.
    I'd feel better about it if they didn't let McDaniels go. I think he got 9 mil for 2 years or something.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think Amos Lee is Councilman Jeremy Jamm
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,904
    I think Amos Lee is Councilman Jeremy Jamm
    You-just-got-jammed GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    It's really depressing what this version of the team has turned into, but I'll say this - 1) it's funny how much leverage Harden thinks he has 2) optimistic side of me says they take a massive step back this year, and that's ok, to reload in 2024-2025, which is the real make-or-break year imo when it comes to Jo. They either do all they can to give him an actual legit team by then or he's walking away. And to that I do not blame him.
  • Options
    It's really depressing what this version of the team has turned into, but I'll say this - 1) it's funny how much leverage Harden thinks he has 2) optimistic side of me says they take a massive step back this year, and that's ok, to reload in 2024-2025, which is the real make-or-break year imo when it comes to Jo. They either do all they can to give him an actual legit team by then or he's walking away. And to that I do not blame him.
    The really frustrating thing is if Harden had any sense he'd realize his best shot at getting the maximum amount of money in his next contract is to just shut up, put on a good face and put up another good season just like last year and get that money next Summer. That would be such a win win for all parties but, alas, he has no sense. 

Have you ever seen someone so grossly overestimate their value like he has? It's uncanny. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Exactly. Bodner has it right - it's probably in Harden's best interest to be on a team this season and not lose his Bird rights. 
  • Options
    This is the juice I'm looking for:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38335993/inside-feud-james-harden-philadelphia-76ers

So Harden like we all know is super insecure and wants to be treated like a superstar when he very well isn't anymore, not a mention extremely delusional, and Doc Rivers is a dipshit. Kinda glad this is playing out like this so we don't even have to think about committing this kind of money right now, especially to this guy.
  • Options
    "

SITE ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Welcome to PHLY Sports, and what it means for you
    By Derek Bodner • 12 Sept 2023 • Comment
    View in browser
    I'm thrilled to announce the launch of PHLY Sports, where I will be joined by Kyle Neubeck, Devon Givens and Rich Hofmann to break down your Philadelphia 76ers from every angle possible.

At PHLY we'll be doing live, in-studio podcasts five days per week, including both pre, and post, game podcasts. And we'll still continue to do the writing you've come to expect: reporting and analysis, video breakdowns and CBA recaps, and anything we can do to help enhance your experience as a Philadelphia fan.

In addition to our Sixers coverage, we'll have an All-Star cast to cover the other sports, including Bo Wulf and Zach Berman on the Eagles, Charlie O'Connor and Bill Matz on the Flyers, and Jamie Lynch and Renee Washington on the Phillies, with more to be announced later.

Check out our intro video here.

Here's what this means for subscribers to the Daily Six newsletter:

No more payments will be processed at The Daily Six.
    I will be writing, and podcasting, for PHLY.
    I will do twice monthly AMAs (Ask Me Anything's) here at The Daily Six, which will be available for all current subscribers.
    These AMAs will be on the first and third Monday of every month, with the first one scheduled for the 18th. I will send out an email asking for questions the day before.
    All subscribers to The Daily Six can get a limited three-month free trial to access all of the written content published at PHLY. You can claim your free trial here.
    On top of that, Daily Six subscribers can get $10 off if they convert to a full Diehard account. You can claim the discount here, or use code Q3T6RW9XP1 at checkout.

Full Diehard status gets you the written content previously mentioned, along with:

A free t-shirt at sign up and every year at renewal
    Access to purchase exclusive, members-only PHLY merchandise.
    20% off of all future merch purchases.
    20% off of events, including stadium takeovers and tailgates.
    Access to a Diehards-only Discord lounge.
    You can find out more about PHLY and our Diehard membership at allphly.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this email, or contact me at derek.bodner@dailysix.com.

Comment
    Comment

The Daily Six Newsletter © 2023 – Unsubscribe

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    They did get Charlie!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Sixers season baby!  lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    Sixers season baby!  lol
    turn the page.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Sixers season baby!  lol
    turn the page.
    Perhaps the ol'wob kiss of death is what this franchise needs. I appreciate you, sir!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Thought they looked pretty good. Better offensive performance by Jo and they likely would've had it. Definitely more movement on offense. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Maxey making the superstar leap is quite enjoyable to watch.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't seen that much but not having Harden - that's addition by subtraction right?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I haven't seen that much but not having Harden - that's addition by subtraction right?
    I mean....it's a really small sample size obviously, but there's a lot more flow and movement to the offense that wasn't there a lot of the time last year. Maxey seems to be relishing the role of primary ball handler. The two man game between him and Embiid looks just as good or better than it did with Harden. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So how'd we do here? Seems like a decent trade considering all the circumstances.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    I would think so.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    So how'd we do here? Seems like a decent trade considering all the circumstances.
    I think pretty well, actually? Wish that one pick from OKC wasn't protected but you get flippable picks, depth, expiring contracts and much needed cap space for next year.

Maxey taking that leap to, what looks like, superstar level probably forced his hand to do this now instead of waiting. He looks fantastic running the show. Now we finally have a couple superstars without the drama and a bunch of 3 and D guys.

I'm back in. Clap your hands. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think pretty well, actually? Wish that one pick from OKC wasn't protected but you get flippable picks, depth, expiring contracts and much needed cap space for next year.

Maxey taking that leap to, what looks like, superstar level probably forced his hand to do this now instead of waiting. He looks fantastic running the show. Now we finally have a couple superstars without the drama and a bunch of 3 and D guys.

I'm back in. Clap your hands. lol
    It'll be so much fun until that ridiculous crappy ending. Philly sports is like the book Angels & Demons.

• Options
    I'm soooooooooooo happyyyyyy