Options

Pearl Jam's Gigaton

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Creepiness?  Weird? :weary: You guys need to get out more often.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,915
    edited November 2019
    Disrespectful comments removed. Please see the Posting Guidelines.
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home.

Thank you

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,670
    "It's gonna be rad"

I haven't heard that term in ages.  But then maybe stepping back to a time when something very cool was "rad" will be what this album is all about.  One can certainly wish!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696

Rolling Stone: So what’s going on with Pearl Jam? It’s been almost seven years since your last album.

Mike McCready: Has it been that long? Oh, my gosh. We’ve been busy toiling in the studio on and off for seven years. We’re working at our own pace, and doing some music right now, and it’s cool and different and I’m excited about it. But we’re not finished with anything yet. So I wish I had an answer for you, but know that we are recording right now. We’re excited to be playing together again.

Rolling Stone: The band’s last big U.S. tour was a short ballpark run in 2018. Are you booking dates for 2020?

Mike McCready: Nothing as of yet. I mean, I hope we can go out. I’m ready to play some music again with my guys and go out and do it. But we don’t have any plans as of yet

Source: rollingstone.com 

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,794
    demetrios said:
    They got this from a rolling stones article.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,897
    They certainly are taking their time...however as Mike said, if it’s cool, different and something that he is excited about, then we can rest assure that it will be worth the wait!! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Hold on though:

"Not done yet" could mean:
    1) Only two or three songs finished with two or three ideas and rough demos.
    2) Artwork and packaging remains.
    3) Anything in-between.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,298
    Hold on though:

3) Anything in-between.
    I think "doing music now" and "not finished with anything yet" point to it being a ways off
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    edited November 2019
    Hold on though:

3) Anything in-between.
    That is generally the problem.  PJ keeps a pretty tight lid on things.  They don't tend to spill the beans until they're readiy to make an official announcement.   Ask them to answer questions about new tours and albums, and it sounds like they've been trained by the same people who train sports professionals to answer interview questions :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    what i got from mike's quote is that it took them 7 years to finish up the xmas singles, so now they can finally start working on the new album... also i think they lost a bet where someone said i bet you can't wait longer than tool to put out a new album and pj said hold my beer...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    This is better than any vague interview could provide.
    My parent's attic - 2018
    My college dorm - 2019
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    demetrios said:
    He's recording with The Pretty Reckless
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,177
    Now we have a tour. Hows that album coming along rumor pack leaders?
  • Options
    Now we have a tour. Hows that album coming along rumor pack leaders?

Hope it's coming along good. Can't wait to hear it & see them live next year close to home. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,897
    Maybe some hints in the new year, countdown clock?? Let’s hope the past few months have been very productive! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    edited December 2019
    demetrios said:
    How do you figure that has anything to do with PJ? Matt Cameron does alot of stuff outside the band

A vague image isn't better than a vague interview.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    demetrios said:
    The nice thing about twitter vs here is I don't have to play nice and be respectful to people who say stupid shit on twitter. Some of the comments on that post make me wonder why some people call themselves "fans."
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Super fun day with @taylormomsen and #benphillips recording a killer track for their upcoming #prettyreckless record!! 🤘🏼📸 @hannahmeadowsphotography

• Options
    instagram.com/p/B6NCXz3Jxq7/

• Options

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    I’ve heard it. It’s good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    They made poor Mike lie to Rolling Stone but Ed can spin the new album at dinner parties.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,794
    JimmyV said:
    They made poor Mike lie to Rolling Stone but Ed can spin the new album at dinner parties.
    Once the Europe tour was announced it was obvious that a new album was coming.  Plus, all Mike said to Rolling Stones is that they are still working on it.  For all we know that could mean the art work. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    Once the Europe tour was announced it was obvious that a new album was coming.  Plus, all Mike said to Rolling Stones is that they are still working on it.  For all we know that could mean the art work. 
    I don’t think it was obvious. They had a bigger European tour + South America in 2018 with no album.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    They have toured Europe a bunch in recent years without a new album. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I’ve heard it. It’s good. 
    Not trying to ask too many questions but. Lightning Bolt/Backspaced good or better? 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,177
    Starting to sound like a potential album drop maybe even before the NA tour announcement since people have heard the album now.