Options

Pearl Jam's Gigaton

Comments

• Options
    Anyone see Matt Cameron’s Instagram story? Is that possibly a snippet of a new pearl jam song? 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    jesselms said:
    Anyone see Matt Cameron’s Instagram story? Is that possibly a snippet of a new pearl jam song? 
    Haven’t seen it, not on Instagram. 

People have posted MC stuff here before. He has been recently recording with other artists at London Bridge studio. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    jesselms said:

People have posted MC stuff here before. He has been recently recording with other artists at London Bridge studio. 
    It’s just playing from his laptop, only lasts a few seconds seemed like a bit of a tease. 
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited January 2020
    jesselms said:
    jesselms said:

It’s just playing from his laptop, only lasts a few seconds seemed like a bit of a tease. 
    Yep.  It certainly sounds like a PJ song 
  • Options
    dr122931 said:
    jesselms said:
    jesselms said:

I can't stop listening. I love this new PJ music feeling in the air. I hope it's PJ, it's good, but even if it's not... this is fun
    06/29/98:Chicago, IL;10/08/00:East Troy, WI;06/18/03:Chicago, IL;06/21/03:East Troy, WI; 05/16/06:Chicago, IL;06/29/06:Milwaukee, WI;06/30/06:Milwaukee, WI;08/05/07:Chicago, IL; 08/24/09:Chicago, IL;06/28/2011:Chicago, IL (Ed Solo);07/19/13:Wrigley Field;08/22/16:Wrigley Field
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    demetrios said:
    "Long have I waited..."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,093
    Kinda just sounds like a demo to me. Always been under the impression that Matt is always working on his own stuff
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Kinda just sounds like a demo to me. Always been under the impression that Matt is always working on his own stuff
    He mentioned on instagram that he has new music coming out in 2020.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,225
    I will say it sounds PJish. But that's because I choose to believe that.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    kramer73 said:
    Matt's on fire! :)

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,340
    Really hoping they went with a new producer this time!  Unimpressed by Brendan's job on the last 2.  He over produced Speed of Sound.  Ed's demo was perfection!  Sometimes less is more and that is definitely the case with Speed of Sound.  Way too much going on there that it completely ruined a great song.  Also his demand of recording Sleeping by Myself as a band and putting that on Lightning Bolt was more bad advice!  Still waiting for that 10 minute epic song from the band with a melt your face extended mcready solo!  Nick Raskulinecz would be great with them!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,373
    Really hoping they went with a new producer this time!  Unimpressed by Brendan's job on the last 2.  He over produced Speed of Sound.  Ed's demo was perfection!  Sometimes less is more and that is definitely the case with Speed of Sound.  Way too much going on there that it completely ruined a great song.  Also his demand of recording Sleeping by Myself as a band and putting that on Lightning Bolt was more bad advice!  Still waiting for that 10 minute epic song from the band with a melt your face extended mcready solo!  Nick Raskulinecz would be great with them!
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Agreed...BOB is great but a change might be nice
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I loved how Again Today was recorded/mixed so Id like the rock songs to have Matt’s drums sound just like that
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    demetrios said:
    kramer73 said:
    Matt's on fire! :)

Sounds nice!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    There’s little chance it’s been done without BoB. Unfortunately he’s linked to them like a zit on a hookers ass
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    I loved how Again Today was recorded/mixed so Id like the rock songs to have Matt’s drums sound just like that
    THIS.  They had a much more lively sound.  The drums especially are too compressed (I think? Not much of an engineer lol) on the last 3 albums.  Although the remix of avocado is much better 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Would be cool if Brandi Carlisle was involved in producing. Small sample size when she started last year but she killed it on the Tanya Tucker comeback album and a couple more lesser known acts
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    How about the band just produces their own record. They are more than capable and do it for other artists. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    cowboyzekecowboyzeke Charm City Posts: 26
    Jack White will be featured on Of The Earth for the new album.  Book it.  
  • Options
    Book him danno 😂
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,480
    dr122931 said:
    jesselms said:
    jesselms said:

I can't stop listening. I love this new PJ music feeling in the air. I hope it's PJ, it's good, but even if it's not... this is fun
    What is the post date of the one you are talking about
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    IG stories disappear after 24 hours. Probably gone.
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,186
    Jack White will be featured on Of The Earth for the new album.  Book it.  
    I’d love to hear Jack in any capacity on the new album. Was very lucky to see him in a 400 or less capacity bar here in Lubbock a few years back. One of the coolest concert experiences I’ve had, he is unbelievably talented.
  • Options
    Book him danno 😂
    On a double album..
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Book him danno 😂
    On a double album..
    Intel or just guessing?
  • Options
    awilkins said:
    Book him danno 😂
    On a double album..
    Intel or just guessing?
    Guessing like all of us except Nostradimis.  😳
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    dr122931 said:
    jesselms said:
    jesselms said:

It was an IG story - and probably only one to two seconds at that. 
    06/29/98:Chicago, IL;10/08/00:East Troy, WI;06/18/03:Chicago, IL;06/21/03:East Troy, WI; 05/16/06:Chicago, IL;06/29/06:Milwaukee, WI;06/30/06:Milwaukee, WI;08/05/07:Chicago, IL; 08/24/09:Chicago, IL;06/28/2011:Chicago, IL (Ed Solo);07/19/13:Wrigley Field;08/22/16:Wrigley Field
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Vedd Hedd said:
    dr122931 said:
    jesselms said:
    jesselms said:

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    demetrios said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    dr122931 said:
    jesselms said:
    jesselms said:

Man I might be nuts (probably)... But I swear I can hear just a sliver of Ed coming in at the very end of the clip
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .