re: Vault 9 begins shipping 12/5/19

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    demetrios said:
    PB11041 said:
    demetrios said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hey Santos, I m pumped for this new vault.  Anyway you could convince the band to have a ‘96 show as the next vault?  Thanks.  
    Yes please! Maybe Toronto '96. Though with all the known audio sources of Berlin '96, I don't mind if they released this show as a Vault release. 
    I'd gladly take Toronto as selfishly it was my 1st show.

But Berlin?

Image result for no gif
    Yes Berlin!!!! :p

Image result for darth vader rogue one gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Cant wait... notification received!  thanks 10C!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    me waiting for my notification

Image result for stella gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    PB11041 said:
    me waiting for my notification

Image result for stella gif
    Lol

• Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    edited December 2019
    Just got a notification about UPS $25 CDN charge is this a new thing? I have all the vaults and never paid this before.still stoked its on its way though!!
    Post edited by rattzey on
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    Any Europeans heard anything from the EU store regarding shipping dates?
  • Options
    rattzey said:
    Just got a notification about UPS $25 CDN charge is this a new thing? I have all the vaults and never paid this before.still stoked its on its way though!!
    Which shipping option did you use?

-Standard International Shipping
    -UPS Standard 
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    edited December 2019
    Standard international , the cheaper one lol
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    rattzey said:

Not for UPS it isn't.   Usually us Canadians all learn this one the hard way.   We actually have pretty small limits for items crossing the border tax free.  It's $20 (or $60 if declared as a gift).    If it get's shipped through regular US Mail it goes through Canadian customs and then gets handed off to Canada Post.  They let a lot of things slide.    Most of the time if the package is under $100, they seem to not bother.

UPS on the other hand charges insane brokerage fees for determining how much tax you need to pay.  Because they make money on the brokerage fee's, they check and assess every package coming in.    Never use UPS Standard for importing into Canada (other more expensive UPS shipping methods include the brokerage, but they still check, so you'll end up paying the tax).
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Death

Taxes

Canadians comparing shipping costs 
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    Since the download and CD are available, is it safe to assume that all of the preorders have been shipped?

I ordered this back in August, no shipping confirmation email and order status still listed as Warehouse. 

Not worried or panicked, just curious. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    Since the download and CD are available, is it safe to assume that all of the preorders have been shipped?

I ordered this back in August, no shipping confirmation email and order status still listed as Warehouse. 

Check the first post. If they're shooting to have them all out by year's end, I imagine they've only just started.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    In the first post, it states the CD and digital formats would be ready once all of the vinyl has shipped. 

Those formats are available now, so would you infer that all of the vinyl orders have been shipped?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    In the first post, it states the CD and digital formats would be ready once all of the vinyl has shipped. 

Those formats are available now, so would you infer that all of the vinyl orders have been shipped?
    I would not. I haven't received a shipping notification either. The original post says they received their "first shipment." It also sounds like they've only been working on it for two business days. I'd imagine they're a ways off from being done.
  • Options
    dudeman said:

The CD & digital formats are available now only @ https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-pearl-jam-mercer-arena-seattle-wa-12-08-1993-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/23697.html , not https://pearljam.com/shop . Maybe 10club will change their mind and later today if not tomorrow (10th of the month), will offer up the CD & digital formats up in the goods.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    dudeman said:

I thought the same thing. But mine is still listed as warehouse. So maybe Nugs is on their own schedule and it’ll be at 10c when they all ship, or that wasnt accurate that they all ship before CD is available.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    dudeman said:

I think they're just trying to be nice, since people were complaining about not being able to get the DL or CD. I thought all CDs were shipped by Nugs? Whenever I've ordered a CD it took forever, and I'm being generous. I just try to forget about it and it shows when it shows.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    dudeman said:

I think they're just trying to be nice, since people were complaining about not being able to get the DL or CD. I thought all CDs were shipped by Nugs? Whenever I've ordered a CD it took forever, and I'm being generous. I just try to forget about it and it shows when it shows.
    That's very true. Especially this time of year has taken I think 8 or 10 weeks to show up before. You almost think PJ has to go in and record the show again or something.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    mace1229 said:
    dudeman said:

That's very true. Especially this time of year has taken I think 8 or 10 weeks to show up before. You almost think PJ has to go in and record the show again or something.
    Isn't that usually when a tour is ending though and shit tons of people are ordering PJ boots all at the same time?  And don't they also go on a 2-3 week break around the holidays?  I really don't think their full-time, standard operating procedure is an 8-10 week wait.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Listening to this show on Sirius right now....I ve got a feeling is glorious!!! Can’t  wait to spin this. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    mace1229 said:
    dudeman said:

Isn't that usually when a tour is ending though and shit tons of people are ordering PJ boots all at the same time?  And don't they also go on a 2-3 week break around the holidays?  I really don't think their full-time, standard operating procedure is an 8-10 week wait.
    I was curious so I checked my email to see if I had any records. Last time I ordered Nugs I ordered on 10/22. I emailed on 12/8 asking about my order because at the time the website stated a 5-8 day turnaround time. I didn’t get a response, but received an automated email on 1/12 saying my order was now processing and will be ready to ship soon. It was shipped on 1/14.

So an order placed in October took 3 months to ship in January. That seems ridiculous no matter when a tour is released.

Order now if you want new music for spring break.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Just received mine in the Portland, OR area.  No chance to sit down and spin it until the weekend, but can't wait!  UPS tracking actually showed that it was on the truck for delivery Friday, and then Saturday, and then it finally just showed up Monday at 6:00...  I chose the UPS shipping since being so close to Seattle, it was less than $1 more, and I didn't want it going all over the west coast before arriving.  
  • Options
    Already landed? Got photos? 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited December 2019
    CopperTom said:
    @Santos L. Halper
    Has there been any consideration to having CD preorders for silver-pressed discs?  I think most of us CD users would greatly prefer that.
    There has not.

Yeah, I think that's stopping many people from buying more CDs. Since the only way to get the silver CDs is via the box set, which doesn't get announced until after the final show of the year comes out on CDR....but I suppose that's a way to sell it twice.

Even if an individual show on silver CD was a dollar or three more than the CDR, I'd be happy.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    @Santos L. Halper
    Has there been any consideration to having CD preorders for silver-pressed discs?  I think most of us CD users would greatly prefer that.
    There has not.

Yeah, I think that's stopping many people from buying more CDs. Since the only way to get the silver CDs is via the box set, which doesn't get announced until after the final show of the year comes out on CDR....but I suppose that's a way to sell it twice.

Even if an individual show on silver CD was a dollar or three more than the CDR, I'd be happy.
    I don't understand why the Vaults aren't silver-pressed CD's in the first place.  They should be packaged and distributed just like any other major PJ release, not as a nugs bootleg. They already have the package design for the vinyl, just apply that to the hardbound CD book like the last 3 albums.  Do Pre-orders in the same window as the vinyl.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    And for fuck's sake release Vaults 1 & 2 on vinyl!!!
    EDIT:  Pretty pleeeeeeeeaaaassssse?!?! :smiley:
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Patiently awaiting my vault to
    be shipped.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Arrived in NZ today! :)
    When did they start shipping these with the records in separate sleeves? First time I noticed, but really helps reduce the risk of damage to the packaging. 👍
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    bazzer said:
    When did they start shipping these with the records in separate sleeves? First time I noticed, but really helps reduce the risk of damage to the packaging. 👍
    Good to hear. Waiting on shipping notice here but spin that sucka
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    bazzer said:

Whoa! That was fast! :o