NCAA College Football -

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Go Dawgs!!!  Beat Auburn this week!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    War Eagle!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited November 2019
    mace1229 said:
    If I remember right, 2  years ago (or maybe 3?) Alabama made it in after losing their championship game to Auburn. Both Auburn and Alabama had only 1 loss that year, and they took Alabama, the loser between the 2 and of the championship. So it seems unpredictable what they are looking for at times.
    You're thinking of the 2017 season.

Auburn beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl.
    Georgia beat Auburn in the SEC Championship.
    Alabama was picked for the playoff.  They beat Clemson in a semifinal and Georgia in the championship game.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • That Auburn Georgia game was good.

The Alabama game was a snoozer and sux for Tua.

Watching the Baylor / Oklahoma game and I never knew that the Freshman had a tradition like they had w the human tunnel w the Freshman.  How cool.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Typical Big Ten.  
  • #13 is whooping on #10.

I'd open up the conversation of them being in the playoffs.

Go Baylor.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Typical Big Ten.  
    Iowa loves to play spoiler.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • #13 is whooping on #10.

I'd open up the conversation of them being in the playoffs.

Go Baylor.
    Well I was dead wrong on this!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Good thing nick Saban is making $10 million this year and tua is making $0. Their lives will be impacted in the right ways...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Good thing nick Saban is making $10 million this year and tua is making $0. Their lives will be impacted in the right ways...
    He’s not making zero. That’s a myth
    pjhawks said:
    Oh yeah? His big time Alabama education?  
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

They get stipends to as much as $10k plus every meal, tutors, access to athletic trainers and training in their sport with the highest level teachers in their future oh and over $200k in free education. Ask any parent or regular student if that $200k is “nothing”. In an era when student debt is such a big issue all the shit these guys get us far from nothing.  Oh and before you cue up the amount of money they make very few programs make money and those that do make it because of the brand not the current players. 
    I got a full athletic scholarship and it was glorious....quite a different situation for tua who until today it is completely fucking meaningless for. But yeah, let’s expect tua to work his balls off to be the best football player in the world and best student in the world because that’s in his best interest.

you a dumb dumb. But this has been confirmed over the years 
    If an art student wants to use their skills to sell a painting, can they without being kicked out of school?
    If an art student wants to use their skills to sell a painting, can they without being kicked out of school?
    Idiotic argument. They are not close to equal and your initial comment was they get nothing:  They get a lot more than “nothing” but when you lose the argument resort to a personal insult. You learned well from fixer i guess
    pjhawks said:
    Idiotic argument. They are not close to equal and your initial comment was they get nothing:  They get a lot more than “nothing” but when you lose the argument resort to a personal insult. You learned well from fixer i guess
    Tua gets nothing. An art student on full scholarship can sell their likeness, a student athlete on full scholarship cannot. I wouldn’t expect you to get it though 
    pjhawks said:
    Tua gets nothing. An art student on full scholarship can sell their likeness, a student athlete on full scholarship cannot. I wouldn’t expect you to get it though 
    What part of a stipend up to $10k is fucking nothing? Nothing equal zero: $10k is more than zero. It’s really not complicated dude
    An art student is on full scholarship and sells a painting, what happens?

An athlete is on full scholarship and sells his autograph, what happens?

When lose the argument change the argument, Your changing your argument but I’ll play along. If you think an art student gets anywhere close to what a football player at Alabama gets then I don’t know what to tell ya, go watch the hbo 24/7 on the college teams they did this year and tell me they aren’t a1000x better off than a fucking art student. Just stop
    pjhawks said:

When lose the argument change the argument, Your changing your argument but I’ll play along. If you think an art student gets anywhere close to what a football player at Alabama gets then I don’t know what to tell ya, go watch the hbo 24/7 on the college teams they did this year and tell me they aren’t a1000x better off than a fucking art student. Just stop
    I’ve been talking about art students in 2 out of my 4 posts on the topic this evening so not sure I changed the topic...

The point remains, art students on full scholarship whether it be to Delaware, St joes, or Alabama can make money off their skills. The athletes on the comparable scholarships cannot

I played PlayStation in the Syracuse athlete dorms, I’ve partied in the Cornell frat houses, I never paid for a meal plan in college. Seen it all. If Saban is making 9 million off the players he recruits, they should be able to sell their fucking signature for gods sake 
    pjhawks said:

I’ve been talking about art students in 2 out of my 4 posts on the topic this evening so not sure I changed the topic...

The point remains, art students on full scholarship whether it be to Delaware, St joes, or Alabama can make money off their skills. The athletes on the comparable scholarships cannot

I played PlayStation in the Syracuse athlete dorms, I’ve partied in the Cornell frat houses, I never paid for a meal plan in college. Seen it all. If Saban is making 9 million off the players he recruits, they should be able to sell their fucking signature for gods sake 
    "Good thing nick Saban is making $10 million this year and tua is making $0. Their lives will be impacted in the right ways... "

that's your original quote.  i showed you that tua is not making $0 then you changed argument to compare to an art student. 

ask your buddy's brother at Evansville if he wants to change places with an art student.  i'm guessing yea no that's not gonna happen.

and for the record i think the players should be able to sell their likeness and will be able to soon. the issue is how that work though. there are a lot of issues to work out with that.
    Tua is technically making zero just like I made zero playing shit division 2 soccer. He just had nicer dorms, nicer gyms, better food, better girls and better gear, though we had some pretty fucking sweet Nike gear. Both of us were still making zilch

Neither Evansville art student or athlete is probably going to do that well. Basketball player will probably play overseas for 5 or so years and make less than $100k per year to come back to coaching or training, if he’s lucky. Art student will work a variety of creative jobs that they probably hate.  Both should own their names and make wherever they can off them. 

Tua is technically making zero just like I made zero playing shit division 2 soccer. He just had nicer dorms, nicer gyms, better food, better girls and better gear, though we had some pretty fucking sweet Nike gear. Both of us were still making zilch

Neither Evansville art student or athlete is probably going to do that well. Basketball player will probably play overseas for 5 or so years and make less than $100k per year to come back to coaching or training, if he’s lucky. Art student will work a variety of creative jobs that they probably hate.  Both should own their names and make wherever they can off them. 

wrong.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Strange world when Alabama can brag about Better Girls.
    :lol:.  

Football changes things!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Go Dawgs!!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    anyway, ^^^^^ I was at the Utah game last night and they were at a whole 'nuther level than UCLA....faster, more disciplined, better coached, more skilled, etc.

that said, I don't think they're ready to be a CFP team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    pjhawks said:

Do art students get full-ride scholarships for their art from the school? I know there are probably third parties that offer scholarships for art, but I just assumed if an art student is getting a scholarship from the school it is probably academic based, and not just from their art.

Either way I would think what a student does on their own time is not the college or NCAA's concern. IF an art students want to paint and sell art on the side, fine. If an athlete wants to coach middle school on the side, fine. But seems reasonable to not expect them to make additional money for what they are already doing for the school (being paid to play the game or whatever it is an art student would be doing).

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mace1229 said:
    pjhawks said:

Do art students get full-ride scholarships for their art from the school? I know there are probably third parties that offer scholarships for art, but I just assumed if an art student is getting a scholarship from the school it is probably academic based, and not just from their art.

Either way I would think what a student does on their own time is not the college or NCAA's concern. IF an art students want to paint and sell art on the side, fine. If an athlete wants to coach middle school on the side, fine. But seems reasonable to not expect them to make additional money for what they are already doing for the school (being paid to play the game or whatever it is an art student would be doing).

my stepdaughter majored in art and graduated with a degree. At her school, her final exam was a themed art project, one which was shown by the school and each piece was for sale.....

she is now a wickedly talented tattoo artist doing pretty good for her short experience in that field.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Chase Young is the best player in college football this year.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    if bama beats auburn, those fuckers are in.....again :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13