dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    Not seeing the app on my Samsung Smart TV.

Trying to get my three-year subscription money back from Disney now.
    A little early to cancel.
    We don't watch stuff on my phone, though. If it doesn't work with my TV, I'm getting my money back ASAP. Or whenever I get off hold.
    Is your Samsung from 2015 on?
    Not sure. I bought it in summer 2015. 
    I gave up on the phone because I had a work call to jump on, but I think I see where this is going. 

I just looked around online, and Disney+ now says that the Samsung Smart TVs have to be 2016 or later and run a certain OS. Before, it just said that it would be compatible with Samsung Smart TVs, not a specific vintage of them, so I preordered the D23 deal based on that. I have been charged -- or was charged back in August, I think. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, Google Play Movies & TV, Vudu, etc. all work on my Smart TV, no other devices needed. I'm not buying a separate device just to use a single app because the developers were lazy.
    You can get a Fire for cheap
    If I abandoned my principles, I suppose I could. Got my $141 back instead.

I was just trying to make family movie night a little easier, but I'm not going to jump through hoops to make it happen and pad Disney's earnings even more. 
    Well now you will have to pay the full price if it gets resolved.
    Have to? 

:lol:

Dude, when I'm done with something, I'm done with something.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

We don't watch stuff on my phone, though. If it doesn't work with my TV, I'm getting my money back ASAP. Or whenever I get off hold.
    I gave up on the phone because I had a work call to jump on, but I think I see where this is going. 

I just looked around online, and Disney+ now says that the Samsung Smart TVs have to be 2016 or later and run a certain OS. Before, it just said that it would be compatible with Samsung Smart TVs, not a specific vintage of them, so I preordered the D23 deal based on that. I have been charged -- or was charged back in August, I think. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, Google Play Movies & TV, Vudu, etc. all work on my Smart TV, no other devices needed. I'm not buying a separate device just to use a single app because the developers were lazy.

I was just trying to make family movie night a little easier, but I'm not going to jump through hoops to make it happen and pad Disney's earnings even more. 
    Have to? 

What if they announce they will be live streaming the full 2020 Pearl Jam tour?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jed said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

Have to? 

"There are more things in heaven and earth ..."

Plus, someone here would have files to share.... :wink:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I think I can get this free with my Verizon service, need to check if I am unlimited or not.

(Does anyone have the files to share?  :lol: )
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Is the Mandalorian all coming out at once or an episode a week? 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited November 2019
    Jason P said:
    Is the Mandalorian all coming out at once or an episode a week? 
    All original programs will air once a week. Unless they say otherwise
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    dankind said:
    Jed said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

Have to? 

You're probably going to wait for HBO Max?
    I miss igotid88
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    Jed said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

Have to? 

I don’t know what that is. I have HBO Go, though. It also works perfectly fine on my television. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    Jed said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

Have to? 

I don’t know what that is. I have HBO Go, though. It also works perfectly fine on my television. 
    It's another streaming service coming next year. Warner Media.
    I miss igotid88
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I liked the Mandolarian.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Love having all the classics on there.  Watched Swiss Family Robinson last night.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited November 2019
    Robin Hood 1973 FTW

https://youtu.be/xnFzPxhEFDM
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

I miss igotid88
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    We just signed up for Disney+ yesterday. After getting the app and viewing everything available, my wife is extremely excited. She's recovering from some surgery and I have a feeling she's going to binge all the classic movies. I'll enjoy some of it, but I'm more excited that ESPN+ was included. 
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I'm guessing at some point I get access so I can see the star wars and mavel stuff.  But, on the whole?  Disney?  Rat bastard corp.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I'm guessing at some point I get access so I can see the star wars and mavel stuff.  But, on the whole?  Disney?  Rat bastard corp.

HAHAHA! Yeah, I enjoy the kids movies, but they ruined Star Wars. I'll stick to our VHS collection from childhood.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I may sign up this weekend for the free trial....hoping they have "Gus" and "The World's Greatest Athlete"....two movies I saw as a kid!
    tbergs said:

HAHAHA! Yeah, I enjoy the kids movies, but they ruined Star Wars. I'll stick to our VHS collection from childhood.
    We watched Episode IV on Tuesday and I must not have seen it for awhile because the changes were jarring. My girlfriend even asked what we were watching, thinking it was some kind of YouTube mashup. The CGI stuff looked terrible and so out of place with the rest of the film. 

JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:

We watched Episode IV on Tuesday and I must not have seen it for awhile because the changes were jarring. My girlfriend even asked what we were watching, thinking it was some kind of YouTube mashup. The CGI stuff looked terrible and so out of place with the rest of the film. 
    It was George Lucas who wanted and did the changes
    I miss igotid88
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:

True. Lucas lost his marbles and wrecked the originals years ago, unless you have copies predating it (I have the deluxe VHS set from the early 90's) and Disney has continued the downward spiral. Or, it could be that I'm just a curmudgeon now.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:

I know. I was still taken aback by how many changes there were, and how bad many of them looked. 

• JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:

I know. I was still taken aback by how many changes there were, and how bad many of them looked. 
    There was the Jabba scene and the Greedo scene.  Anything else?
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:

There was the Jabba scene and the Greedo scene.  Anything else?
    I honestly didn't even catch Greedo's new line, but that whole scene is a mess ever since Lucas first changed it. No, what I really noticed this time was when the stormtroopers are searching the desert around R2 and C3PO's escape pod. I knew Lucas had added in extra troopers and creatures they were riding, but this time it felt like there were a ton more. And the worst part of the Jabba scene will always be Boba Fett stopping and staring into the camera. 

Coffee with The Mandalorian is my favorite new routine. Episode 2 was a lot of fun. Glad we got more of Nick Nolte's character.

Most of the explosions have been edited as well.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JimmyV said:
    Coffee with The Mandalorian is my favorite new routine. Episode 2 was a lot of fun. Glad we got more of Nick Nolte's character.
    When did episode 2 come out?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    JimmyV said:
    This morning. 

JimmyV said:
    JK_Livin said:
    JimmyV said:
    This morning. 
    Thanks. Is there a schedule or is it just random? I couldn't find any info.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer