Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Wow I come back to 46 new posts on the Crowes thread. 
    I got Toronto Meet/greet tix. 
    They did sound good on Howard Stern today.
    also, I am a bit happy for the brothers with regards to making up. Life is too short and it’s a family thing.
    i sure hope they have matured a bit, for God’s sakes your in your 50’s now.

@Renfield
    hey, any chance you could grab me a L t-shirt?
    id owe you one for sure. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    also, I am a bit happy for the brothers with regards to making up. Life is too short and it’s a family thing.
    read a rolling stone interview with the 2. either chris is full of shit or he's grown a LOT
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

read a rolling stone interview with the 2. either chris is full of shit or he's grown a LOT
    Lol ... I had to think about that for a few minutes. 
    I’m sure the passing of CRB guitarist (Neal Casal) did bring on some inner searching for Chris. Was it enough to bring him back down to earth though?
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054

@Renfield
    hey, any chance you could grab me a L t-shirt?
    id owe you one for sure. 
    @willbarclay
    I’ll try!!! Bought one after getting my wristbands today- super soft
    I’m sure the passing of CRB guitarist (Neal Casal) did bring on some inner searching for Chris. Was it enough to bring him back down to earth though?
    you hit it. that's actually exactly what he said gave him perspective and brought him back to earth. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

you hit it. that's actually exactly what he said gave him perspective and brought him back to earth. 

Some death will do that unfortunately 
    jjflash said:
    Renfield said:

@pjl44
    Tickets were $50. I can’t thank you enough :hug:

That's awesome...congrats and hope you enjoy the show!!
    Fill us in on details afterwards :lightbulb:
    Thanks!! Will report in later :)
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I'm not sure how they think they can sell out the Xcel. I would have figured they'd play First Ave. I'll pass for these prices.
    It’s live nation that is Running this ship. The brothers took their pay and the rest of the planning is left to the big company. They own all the sheds and will be cashing in on the $15 beers, merch etc.
    im guessing Live Nation knows what it’s doing 
  • Scored some LA Forum tickets. Pretty sweet ones for 95 a piece plus fees. These guys are a bucket list band for me. Really grown to enjoy them more and more throughout the years and never thought I’d get the chance to see them. I’m super excited and am sure it will be awesome. Ready to go see some great rock n roll, don’t care about all drama. And Tool announced a show in Fresno today so its starting to look like a great 2020. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

He also talked about dealing with mental issues as well, if I heard him right. And his girlfriend isn’t trying to drive a wedge between them. Hope that’s all legit and I hope the brothers can at least patch it up enough to have an offstage relationship. It was nice to hear them talk about their families and stuff. I honesty don’t remember CR being that open without a little wink like it’s part of the act.

Good interview but it wasn’t without its predictable and cringey statements. I could deal with the predictable. We know they’re going to toe the company line. I’m fine with the “we are the Black Crowes” but I wish Rich would’ve said “we just wanted a clean slate” instead of slighting TMS. 
    edited November 2019
    From the moment Chris sang his 1st words I was enthralled. He sounded great, and his hippie dippy grooviness exuded charisma until the end.  
    This was an unbelievable treat- the first time I’ve seen the Black Crowes. And who knew today at 12:00 that I’d be at the Bowery Ballroom tonight with 500 people, standing 4 rows from the stage. This certainly enhanced the experience versus waiting 8 months to see them.
    I can’t speak to the technical aspects or the new members- I’m sure there will be real reviews tomorrow. 
    Bought a poster - think there were 150 signed posters. I bought the tee shirt when I got my wristband earlier in the day.  And I’m not a ‘merch’ type person...
    I only took 2 pictures- the setlist is not mine.  My friend took tons of videos that I can post tomorrow, but YouTube may have others sooner.
    G’night

Post edited by Renfield on
  • nycmalenycmale Posts: 199
    Renfield said:
    From the moment Chris sang his 1st words I was enthralled. He sounded great, and his hippie dippy grooviness exuded charisma until the end.  
    This was an unbelievable treat- the first time I’ve seen the Black Crowes. And who knew today at 12:00 that I’d be at the Bowery Ballroom tonight with 500 people, standing 4 rows from the stage. This certainly enhanced the experience versus waiting 8 months to see them.
    I can’t speak to the technical aspects or the new members- I’m sure there will be real reviews tomorrow. 
    Bought a poster - think there were 150 signed posters. I bought the tee shirt when I got my wristband earlier in the day.  And I’m not a ‘merch’ type person...
    I only took 2 pictures- the setlist is not mine.  My friend took tons of videos that I can post tomorrow, but YouTube may have others sooner.
    G’night

Wow awesome! Looks like there were.100 posters according to the sellers on Ebay. How much were the signed posters at the show? Thinking about grabbing one on ebay for the right price. thanks!
    nycmale said:
    Wow awesome! Looks like there were.100 posters according to the sellers on Ebay. How much were the signed posters at the show? Thinking about grabbing one on ebay for the right price. thanks!
    You are correct-100 posters. Price was $100.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited November 2019
    nycmale said:
    Renfield said:
    G’night

only 11 songs? i mean it's cool that they returned and all but only played for what, like an hour? Guess it was just a warmup gig though.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Renfield said:
    G’night

What kind of angles does she talk to? Right angles, acute angles? ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

HAHAHA!  Obtuse, of course... 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    They really only did 10 songs?  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • They really only did 10 songs?  
    CLOSE!  Eleven!

Dammit, I should have went...
    They really only did 10 songs?  
    The summer tour they will do more.
    last night was a coming out party 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    That looks awesome for a kickoff in a 500 capacity club. They should drag their asses up to Boston tonight.
    DewieCox said:

He also talked about dealing with mental issues as well, if I heard him right. And his girlfriend isn’t trying to drive a wedge between them. Hope that’s all legit and I hope the brothers can at least patch it up enough to have an offstage relationship. It was nice to hear them talk about their families and stuff. I honesty don’t remember CR being that open without a little wink like it’s part of the act.

Good interview but it wasn’t without its predictable and cringey statements. I could deal with the predictable. We know they’re going to toe the company line. I’m fine with the “we are the Black Crowes” but I wish Rich would’ve said “we just wanted a clean slate” instead of slighting TMS. 
    he actually did say exactly that on howard stern. I'm paraphrasing, but it went something like this, after howard asked about the former members "I play with a few of the crowes guys, they are amazing guys and amazing musicians, but we just wanted to kind of start over, everyone comes with a certain amount of baggage". what he also said, though, or maybe it was chris, that the two of them are the crowes. they write all the music and lyrics, the crowes are the robinson brothers. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    He also said it became a drag. Just kinda unnecessary with the way it ended and it looked like anything but a drag when I seen them at one of their final shows. I’m sure the financial aspect was a bummer but he really seemed to be enjoying himself.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Renfield said:
    Poncier said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7wREOySaxU

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Renfield said:
    Poncier said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7wREOySaxU

Poor Andy Dufresne. This is one of my movies when I’m switching channels & see it’s on TV I’m compelled to watch.