Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I read every comment. 
    And then occasionally points and laughs =)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    hedonist said:
    I read every comment. 
    And then occasionally points and laughs =)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I read every comment. 
    i guess that's why the thread isn't called "let your voice count". hearing is easy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    Here's something. I've been a member since '09. Why should I renew? I'm actually expired and have 30 days or else! No more single, no contest, no poster package....WTF? $40 for a T-shirt and dibs on tix....maybe.....if  they come to my area. It's not that hard to punch out a single. 2 years behind now. the waiting isn't cute anymore. If this was common or local commerce there would be hell to raise. This is complete BS. It's not even bullshit, this is horseshit. Why should I renew? tenclub?? Who exactly is my voice being heard from? Stone, what's up? One solid answer, I think, would satisfy most of us.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited November 2019
    It's been a while since I last came here, I found it challenging trying to get info about the perks of being analog since I have to renew in mid December but I couldn't find any info, I go to my account, select membership but no details, maybe is my Android version, most likely I'm dumb, nonetheless I need that info, and what about those two 2 45rpm vinyl singles overdue, one including Can't Deny Me?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

It's been a while since I last came here, I found it challenging trying to get info about the perks of being analog since I have to renew in mid December but I couldn't find any info, I go to my account, select membership but no details, maybe is my Android version, most likely I'm dumb, nonetheless I need that info, and what about those two 2 45rpm vinyl singles overdue, one including Can't Deny Me?
    $40 US/$50 International gets you:

-bootleg download code
    -shirt

the singles are being produced, apparently. but don't hold you breath. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Daughter5Daughter5 Mass Posts: 38
    never understood why people complain about how much they charge us for membership. If I have to pay $40 to get a free shirt, a huge stack of 45 records sitting on my stereo  and best of all best seats for members not to mention everything else they do for us is $40.00 really that much? 2018 tickets went up to $20.00 after how many years before the price went up, and still bitching and complaining about that for weeks. 
     How many of you tried everything before 10 Club to buy tickets I know I would have sold my house if I could get a seat. I  bought my first computer I think in 1999, and the very first search was Pearl Jam, I might be wrong on the dates but I got my very first set of tickets in 2000 my daughter and I drove from Massachusetts to Virginia Beach, VA. It was the first USA show after what happened in Europe, and we kept hearing the concert was going to be canceled as we know it wasn't. I paid like $20.00 for membership forgot how much tickets were, but finally, we had tickets in the 3rd-row center, I  can't put a price on the memory of that night, and ever since still have best seats, greatest music, my daughter and other members I could never put a price on anything Pearl Jam and 10 club has given me. Instead of the small amount we pay to think of what you were saying after the last show I doubt it was what 10 club charged. Of course, I always hear the price of beer as I'm leaving there's always a few right?

Good night all ✌️

• epieepie Posts: 290
    edited November 2019
    Hello 10C - As we are on the heels of another PJ release, I was thinking it would be great to issue another “box” for storage of all misc albums released over the years like Benaroya, Lost Dogs, PJ20, Live from Easy Street, Let’s Play 2, Thirdman, and now Unplugged.  Perhaps time this with re-issue of the first three albums listed here.  We would all love re-issues of these :)

Happy Thanksgiving 10C!

Cheers,
    Eric
    Post edited by epie on
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,325
    Any way to release the 2005 Bootleg CD Box Set in 2020? Thanks! 

demetrios said:
    Any way to release the 2005 Bootleg CD Box Set in 2020? Thanks! 

that's one set I'd buy for sure.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    For those who were trying/wanted to go see some shows in Europe, and ONLY given 3 days to plan when traveling thousands of miles?

Dear 10club / Pearl Jam,

Please offer up a 2020 Pearl Jam European Poster Subscription. For all 14 shows. I would LOVE to see that happen.

Thanks!

D

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    I really hate to complain... but the shipping/customs charges to Canadian destinations is hitting us hard in the wallet. Strength of our dollar is a problem but I’ll use Vault #8 as an example. The album and shipping totalled  $114.94CDN.   UPS let me know I had customs charges of 25.52CDN. 

The total price tag - $140.46. CDN.  The album itself - 66.32CDN (based on $50US posted on PJ website and current exchange rate). 
    So the album is $66CDN dollars and it cost me roughly $74CDN to have it delivered. 

PJ Radio on Sirius/XM plays a quote from Jeff quite often regarding how they “are always looking at ways to pass savings on to our fans”.  I am sure they would be appalled to learn I paid $140 for a record. I don’t have all the answers but perhaps a Canadian 10c store needs to be set up.  

I will always go to shows, but it is demotivating to purchase future releases... which is sort of heartbreaking really. Worst part? When vaults 8
    and 9 show up I am further demotivated to actually open and listen to them as they will hold their value staying “sealed”. 

EDIT - I saw the “self clear” attachment in the email.  In the future everything will be delivered by Standard Mail. I will avoid the use of UPS at all costs going forward... for anything. Worse hidden surcharges than Ticketmaster in the 90s. 
    EDIT 2 - It’s a moot point as Standard Shipping is $63 US which would in fact cost about the same.  When did shipping a package get so expensive? 

I’m going back to never buying anything, anywhere, ever. Just less frustrating 😂
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 21
    I really hate to complain... but the shipping/customs charges to Canadian destinations is hitting us hard in the wallet. Strength of our dollar is a problem but I’ll use Vault #8 as an example. The album and shipping totalled  $114.94CDN.   UPS let me know I had customs charges of 25.52CDN. 

The total price tag - $140.46. CDN.  The album itself - 66.32CDN (based on $50US posted on PJ website and current exchange rate). 
    So the album is $66CDN dollars and it cost me roughly $74CDN to have it delivered. 

PJ Radio on Sirius/XM plays a quote from Jeff quite often regarding how they “are always looking at ways to pass savings on to our fans”.  I am sure they would be appalled to learn I paid $140 for a record. I don’t have all the answers but perhaps a Canadian 10c store needs to be set up.  

I will always go to shows, but it is demotivating to purchase future releases... which is sort of heartbreaking really. Worst part? When vaults 8
    and 9 show up I am further demotivated to actually open and listen to them as they will hold their value staying “sealed”. 
    I totally understand. After I got home from the Home Shows, I decided I wanted another shirt. $35 usd, plus $10 usd shipping. That was about $60 cad, and then $15 customs charges when it arrived. I spilled marinara sauce on it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I used stain remover and washed it 10 times to get the stain out because that shirt was not getting thrown out. Lol! 

I know they can’t do anything about customs charges, but there has to be SOMETHING they can do.
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    edited December 2019
    We have the same problem  in europe. All we can do is stop buying stuff. No choice. Its sad. I will add the quality  of gig shirts is so poor. My one from ed in london the print isn't even central . So poor and £30 . I wont buy anything  anymore
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 21
    Totally true on the quality! The one I bought from the merch tent is very thin. However, the one I ordered that cost me waaaaay too much is actually pretty decent quality. It was one of the shirts to raise funds for their homelessness campaign though so maybe that’s why.
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Give us our own UK and EU lost dogs so we don't have to pay stupid customs prices.. Just a thought 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Lost Dogs repress in 2020!
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    Lost Dogs repress in 2020!
    annual singles first.  ;)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Is it possible for those of us who ordered Pearl Jam's newest album Gigaton from the 10club store receive the digital download 2 day's or so before their Toronto show on March 18th? Please! Would love to hear it on the long drive down from Halifax.

Thanks!
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    edited January 2020
    demetrios said:
    Is it possible for those of us who ordered Pearl Jam's newest album Gigaton from the 10club store receive the digital download 2 day's or so before their Toronto show on March 18th? Please! Would love to hear it on the long drive down from Halifax.

Thanks!
    I second that motion!

Edit: for the Greek
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Annr95Annr95 Posts: 62
    Will we be able to order a digital version of the new album?
  • BrandiM said:

I totally understand. After I got home from the Home Shows, I decided I wanted another shirt. $35 usd, plus $10 usd shipping. That was about $60 cad, and then $15 customs charges when it arrived. I spilled marinara sauce on it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I used stain remover and washed it 10 times to get the stain out because that shirt was not getting thrown out. Lol! 

I know they can’t do anything about customs charges, but there has to be SOMETHING they can do.
    Yeah really. I just posted this in the UK/EU shop topic, seems pretty fitting here as well:

When Gigaton was announced earlier this week I was hyped and ordered the vinyl bundle (LP + 7") right away. Shipping was $29,99! but than I came to my senses, had the 10C order cancelled (got an e-mail saying I got the refund), after that I ordered from the according link that can be found on the front page of pearljam.com. In my case, I`m from The Netherlands, the link took me to platenzaak.nl where I ordered the exact same bundle AND the cd for a total of € 63,98 with shipping. Converted to Euro`s, my 10C order was € 63 without the cd and surely-to-be-paid import fees and suuuuuuper long wait for the package to arrive. With the site I`ve ordered from now I get the package the next day.

Point being: the shipping costs from 10C for us in Europe are insane and the UK/EU shop really isn`t worth keeping in the air if it`s being done like this. I used to order a lot from the US 10C shop but those days are looooong gone, because even when ordering a simple t-shirt you`ll get hit with at least €18 import fees. Not funny anymore, guys!
    Annr95 said:
    Will we be able to order a digital version of the new album?

Not sure @ the 10club will but hopefully https://www.hdtracks.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=pearl+jam will have the 24Bit Flac available.

• Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I think Eddie should start selling wine. I'm sure he could one up Dave Matthews...
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jammin909 said:
    I think Eddie should start selling wine. I'm sure he could one up Dave Matthews...
    Guzzling it does not a winemaker make.

If I still drank, I'd go for Maynard's vineyard anyway =)
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    hedonist said:
    Jammin909 said:
    Guzzling it does not a winemaker make.

If I still drank, I'd go for Maynard's vineyard anyway =)
    I picked up a few bottles in Jerome back in November. Pretty good stuff. 
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • I'm just concerned that the out of house handling of the lottery (and regards to priority here specifically) is being haphazardly mishandled. Maybe they don't take it too seriously. Hoping someone cares enough to consider how much we all care. 
  • It seems like a fraudulent lotto system to me.I understand that there are limited shows but how can someone get tix to more than one show when someone gets shutout.When the second leg gets announced are we gonna have to deal with this garbage again.There is gonna be a lot of people that get shut out again while people who won the first lottery will win again