igotid88 said:
    10th turnover by Jones.
    that's Eli Manning numbers right there :wink:
    11 or 12 now
    Receivers to blame this time or nah?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    igotid88 said:
    Seeing how Tate gets good separation and yards after the catch. I would have liked to have seen him play with Eli.
    There is nothing special about Golden Tate. At all.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    igotid88 said:
    Seeing how Tate gets good separation and yards after the catch. I would have liked to have seen him play with Eli.
    I like that I can call him Golden Taint.  Hating his university as I do, this has been a source of juvenile amusement for over 10 years now.
    If the Giants can get anything for him, they should trade him before the deadline.

What do you think someone would send to the Giants for him?
    1. A 6th Round pick for 2020?
    2. A 7th Round pick in 2027?
    3. An Eli Manning rookie card, in poor condition?  (It was bent where Eli's arm is so it looks like his arm fell off.)
    4. An old couch found on the corner on trash day + a jar of toenail clippings?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    It is a sad time to be a giants, jets or rutgers fan:
    https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/10/jets-giants-rutgers-yes-we-are-in-football-hell-new-jersey-politi.html

I did the math, and no, it isn’t your imagination. It is really that bad. The combined record of these three teams this season is 4-16 and since the start of the 2017 season is 26-82. The amazing part? I can’t remember any of those 26. I know I must have seen a couple of them, but the sheer volume and degree of misery has wiped away the good times.
    It isn’t just the .240 combined winning percentage. It is the unprecedented level of across-the-board ineptitude. If the three teams could just suck normally, and not in a dumpster-fire-on-the-surface-of-the-sun level, maybe we would all be able to stomach it. Instead, I can’t figure out which of the three teams is truly the most pathetic.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    10th turnover by Jones.
    that's Eli Manning numbers right there :wink:
    11 or 12 now
    Receivers to blame this time or nah?
    He's Danny Dimes
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Not saying he's an A receiver. But he can give you yards after
    I miss igotid88
    Nothing against Jones. I think he has the makings of a good qb. But if the Giants don't win against the Cowboys on Monday. Bring Eli back and let him finish out the year. Would like to see him play with Tate, Slayton,Engram, and Saquon. 8 games i enough experience. And he will have all of next year to work fully with the ones.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Nothing against Jones. I think he has the makings of a good qb. But if the Giants don't win against the Cowboys on Monday. Bring Eli back and let him finish out the year. Would like to see him play with Tate, Slayton,Engram, and Saquon. 8 games i enough experience. And he will have all of next year to work fully with the ones.
    You make no sense with this stuff, man. None. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Why in the world would you put Manning in? 
    Once they started Jones it was all in on a season of getting him experience and dealing with the pains.  Another high draft pick won't hurt this team. You continue letting Jones learn the NFL game, not let him sit and watch Eli in meaningless games
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    edited October 2019
    Why in the world would you put Manning in? 
    Once they started Jones it was all in on a season of getting him experience and dealing with the pains.  Another high draft pick won't hurt this team. You continue letting Jones learn the NFL game, not let him sit and watch Eli in meaningless games
    You don't know they would be meaningless. We probably win a couple of these games. It's not going to stunt his growth. There's no guarantee he will be great next year. Look at Mayfield. We also will have money to spend on free agency next season.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Winning a couple games with Eli would not only be meaningless, but would hurt the Giants draft position...although you may be on to something...they've been competitive with Jones, if Eli plays they probably revert to a Dolphins level of play and can lock up a top 5 pick.

But seriously playing Eli now is as stupid a move as an organization could possibly make (unless of course Jones gets hurt).
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Winning a couple games with Eli would not only be meaningless, but would hurt the Giants draft position...although you may be on to something...they've been competitive with Jones, if Eli plays they probably revert to a Dolphins level of play and can lock up a top 5 pick.

But seriously playing Eli now is as stupid a move as an organization could possibly make (unless of course Jones gets hurt).
    Might as well start the 3rd string if Jones gets hurt then
    I miss igotid88
    edited October 2019
    We got Leonard Williams from the Jets (First trade between both teams). Patriots might want Solder back. And we're shopping Ogletree and Jenkins.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    I guess we're in tank mode unfortunately.
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I love that Giants fans want to stand and fight but you have to tank and build....this team would not be more than a 5-6 win team if it performed well the rest of the way.  Having no depth really hurt...and the NFC is too deep.  Only path to playoffs would be to take NFC East, and being 2 games back already, that is not going to happen.
    Trade and get more picks.  Build on O Line first to help the young picks you made and then on D Line.
    Wasted Eli's possible last season. Unless they told him before the season started this was their plan and he aboard.
    I miss igotid88
    My hope is the Patriots choose Brady over Bellichick and Bill comes back home
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Eli regaining his starting job and Belichick jumping ship to a completely hapless organization to coach instead of staying with a team that has been to 8 straight AFC title games and 4 of the last 5 Superb Owls...sorry man but you are delusional.
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Eli regaining his starting job and Belichick jumping ship to a completely hapless organization to coach instead of staying with a team that has been to 8 straight AFC title games and 4 of the last 5 Superb Owls...sorry man but you are delusional.
    I'm not saying Bill is leaving because he might want to. But both he and Brady want to prove they can do it without the other. And chances are Kraft will choose Brady over Bill. He already did when they traded Jimmy G.
    I miss igotid88
    Kraft chose Bill over Brady this year with the contract for Brady allowing him to walk.

And Bill and Brady are both on the same page this year as being unhappy with Kraft after Kraft cut AB, making 19-0 (Bill's only unfinished business) go from a real probability to extremely unlikely.

The only question about Bill in terms of how much longer he'll coach in NE is how well he gets along with Jonathan Kraft, who will be the boss before Bill is ready to move on.

You'd be better off lobbying for the Big Tuna to return.
    Ray Handley doing anything these days? He might be available. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Shepard back in concussion protocol
    I miss igotid88
    Let's go G Men!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Boy those uniforms look amazing.
    So much better than the current ones.
    Boy those uniforms look amazing.
    So much better than the current ones.
    Fantastic. Every team should just go back to their 80's era jerseys. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Way is the crowd noise so fucking loud on the broadcast. Sounds like a big play in every play 
    Defense keeping us in this game. Wouldn't have said that 7 weeks ago
    I miss igotid88
    Nothing against Jones. He will get better. But I hope they let Eli play the rest of the way. 7 games is enough to be ready for next year.
    I miss igotid88