Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my_wave said:
    well, to be fair, they got us all with the deep shirt...
    My daughter asked why the shirt was pointing at my.......so yes, they did. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    And the  one with i am anal on it . Great  advert if true. But if not bad design again. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    PJ_Soul said:

I'd just like to mention that the design of the 2018 ANALOG shirt must not have been designed by a woman.  I feel a little like Janet Jackson at the Superbowl --- due to the placement of the red stickman.  I wish that women would help in the design of the t-shirts that are supposed to be unisex.  : )  P..S.  i didn't expect the picture to be so big... but that's kinda how it feels.  lol..  
    I knew this would be an issue the second I saw a photo of that shirt, and I think it's appalling that 10C keeps doing this. This is far from the first time they have designed a shirt that simply makes no sense for anyone with breasts.
    I recall your comment on this a long time ago, and as soon as I saw this post I thought of you. LOL
    I like the shirt, but I will never wear it in public - they should have just stuck another stickman on the other side to balance them out. 

You cannot sell unisex t-shirts. It makes absolutely no sense to sell a shirt to a woman that is measured by length and width. Without depth, if that is their preferred sizing, they are all men's shirts that do not fit women correctly. I have bought XXL, and that is not my normal size, and the shirt has been too tight or just uncomfortable.

Women's breasts matter. 

@igotid88 You need to get yourself a Bro for the man boobs. :wink:
  • mcreadyfanmcreadyfan Posts: 70

I'd just like to mention that the design of the 2018 ANALOG shirt must not have been designed by a woman.  I feel a little like Janet Jackson at the Superbowl --- due to the placement of the red stickman.  I wish that women would help in the design of the t-shirts that are supposed to be unisex.  : )  P..S.  i didn't expect the picture to be so big... but that's kinda how it feels.  lol..  
    I knew this would be an issue the second I saw a photo of that shirt, and I think it's appalling that 10C keeps doing this. This is far from the first time they have designed a shirt that simply makes no sense for anyone with breasts.
    I recall your comment on this a long time ago, and as soon as I saw this post I thought of you. LOL
    I like the shirt, but I will never wear it in public - they should have just stuck another stickman on the other side to balance them out. 

You cannot sell unisex t-shirts. It makes absolutely no sense to sell a shirt to a woman that is measured by length and width. Without depth, if that is their preferred sizing, they are all men's shirts that do not fit women correctly. I have bought XXL, and that is not my normal size, and the shirt has been too tight or just uncomfortable.

Women's breasts matter. 

@igotid88 You need to get yourself a Bro for the man boobs. :win:weary:

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!  : ):blush:

LBDeb

Mind your manners!!!!!
    San Diego and LA 2
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited May 2019

Women's breasts matter. 

Oops, sorry @mcreadyfan ! I responded to the wrong person. But you're welcome - Kramer & George think the Bro is amazing. :smiley:

And I see what you did there :plus_one:
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 21

Women's breasts matter. 

I’m a big girl. I like my clothes fairly fitted. The XXL is usually a tad on the tight side. However, I don’t care. I wear my 10 club shirts, even with weird placement. Of course I wouldn’t wear them at work or anything. 
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • ReedusReedus Posts: 3
    edited May 2019
    Please TenClub,  some of us are getting old now and have been bereaved or divorced or otherwise just find themselves Alone, like a book upon the shelf.  Can you start selling Single Tickets to Single people,  PLEASE!  What you are doing is charging a 100% single person supplement on each ticket, which quite frankly, is unheard of anywhere else.  I can't believe the Band are aware of this.  It completely goes against the reputation they have worked so hard and generously to achieve.  The extra 100% of money can pay for so many things, including Environmental Issues,  medical supplies: I have Crohns Disease and a recent £125 extra would have paid for a lot of E028 just ask Mike!  I would rather have outright donated the money to the EB Foundation.  Shall I go on? I think I've made my point.  Sad.
  • BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 21
    Reedus said:
    Please TenClub,  some of us are getting old now and have been bereaved or divorced or otherwise just find themselves Alone, like a book upon the shelf.  Can you start selling Single Tickets to Single people,  PLEASE!  What you are doing is charging a 100% single person supplement on each ticket, which quite frankly, is unheard of anywhere else.  I can't believe the Band are aware of this.  It completely goes against the reputation they have worked so hard and generously to achieve.  The extra 100% of money can pay for so many things, including Environmental Issues,  medical supplies: I have Crohns Disease and a recent £125 extra would have paid for a lot of E028 just ask Mike!  I would rather have outright donated the money to the EB Foundation.  Shall I go on? I think I've made my point.  Sad.
    I’d be more than happy to be your plus 1! I guess I just figure I’ll always be able to find someone who wants my ticket. It is a 100% valid point though.
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    Reedus said:
    Especially when they're general admission tickets, having to purchase 2 makes no sense at all...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2019
    my_wave said:
    Reedus said:
    Especially when they're general admission tickets, having to purchase 2 makes no sense at all...
    I totally agree. I would love to buy just a single ticket, as I feel no need to have a friend accompany me to their shows. None of my friends are PJ fans, so it's actually more fun to go alone and enjoy the energy of the other big fans around me than to see the show next to someone who doesn't even really care and are just there for something to do. I know that finding a ticket buddy or just someone who wants to buy the spare isn't hard, but having to pay double for the "honour" of finding someone who will take it isn't really something I want to do!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    luckily PJ is one of a very few shows my wife will accompany me to. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Please please could you do the mystery bags again? 
    I know it was an age ago now but those tote bags with stickers, key rings  bouncy balls, CDs etc in them were so cool. They were an accessible price and lower postage to Europe etc. 
    I know prices would have increased but just getting the little stuff was a lot of fun. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Erik1977Erik1977 Heerlen Posts: 140
    dottles said:
    I know it was an age ago now but those tote bags with stickers, key rings  bouncy balls, CDs etc in them were so cool. They were an accessible price and lower postage to Europe etc. 
    I know prices would have increased but just getting the little stuff was a lot of fun. 
    +1!!

They were great and so much fun! Would be great if you could do them again.
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    Erik1977 said:
    dottles said:
    +1!!

They were great and so much fun! Would be great if you could do them again.
    +2
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Also, in the drive against single use plastics (and difficult to recycle materials) how about Pearl Jam selling these as merch items - 
    https://www.rcup.co.uk/ 
    I think they would be great. I have a Sigg bottle from a few years ago, would be cool to have something like this too 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • gwtmhgwtmh Scotland Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    bobbyb said:
    Hope this is the correct place for this.......and I’m sure I’ll probably take some criticism for this as well!

i love PJ. I live and breath them every single day......but, at last years London shows, both of them, I have some constructive criticism which I think is justified and I want to share.

Firstly. Venue. Horrible. Just horrible. Acoustics were hit and miss all over the venue. I had friends up high, down low, up the front, down the back and everyone reported different sound quality from the same show. On more than one occasion the quality was nothing but “white noise”, including in the acoustic set. Also, location of the O2, is fine if you live in central London, but is pretty much the worst place in the world to get to if you live outside of it. Perhaps something PJ would consider doing differently in the future. 

And on that note of the London gig. Which was the only location in the UK of the European tour 18. Should not be called a UK tour.
    There are three other countries in the U.K. England is not the only one. I understand that this may be where they will get the biggest crowds etc but at least do another gig somewhere else in the U.K. I was at the one and only Belfast show years ago, sold out, amazing show, just a suggestion. But what really upset me about these gigs, was when the band thanked “England”, not the UK. A simple error? Maybe. Factually correct? Yes, the gig was in England. Politically correct? Definitely not.

For a band that prides itself on being politically aware, I found this a little ignorant. And a little part of my romantic love for PJ died at the same time. As much as that upsets me to say. It made me feel for the first time as a “live and breath” fan, that the band didn’t care about me anymore. A fantasy I know, but I know there are many of you on here that feel the same way about them as I do, or did.

I took my Mum to the second London gig. Twice. She flew over from Dublin at great expense to see a band she has loved ever since they started, but she had never seen, and she prides herself on telling everyone that she is the reason that I am such a huge fan....she introduced me to them in our lounge room at home. Arguably she is right, but I never let her know that!

After what was for me an epic set list and gig, allowing for the sound quality! I was more than shocked to hear my mums opinion. She immediately asked me who was Eddie constantly singing and directing everything to at the front of the stage? I was somewhat bewildered, being very used to the TC fans who line up for their preferred area of stage frontage (something that I would love to be part of sometime, but invariably can’t afford the time to line up for as long as needed). I told her who was generally at the front. She responded that she was made to feel as though she wasn’t even there as a result of EV, SG, and MM’s dealings with those in the front few rows of the gig. And that made me think about that. And I have to say that when I look back and listen back, to the many videos and bootlegs I own, there is a tendency, for the band to do this a little too much, I’m starting to think.

just because I’m not at the front doesn’t make me any less of a fan. In fact I could have gone to more shows on a single tour than anyone up there for all they know. I completely get that PJ can’t pander to the masses. But perhaps something needs to be done slightly differently or they may be at risk of alienating some of their fan base. I don’t entirely agree with my mum, but what her opinion did do, was made me open my eyes a little, and see the band with slightly less rose tinted glasses on. Slightly.

Sorry for for the long post but this has been on my mind for a while. If anyone from the band ever wants to chat (LOL) , you know where to find me. Thanks for reading. Laters.
    All of that was perfectly said!

I live just outside Glasgow and they haven't played here since 2000. Not fair 😫

Post edited by gwtmh on
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    My loved dropped a bit after the whole EV played a corporate side gig years ago. I really didn’t give a shit, lucky them, but this board made such a stink of how a deal went going against ideals and principles of early on.  They battled MTV and won in the end, but fought Ticketmaster and lost. They weren’t trying to fix the world, only their causes. Instead of giving credit, Eddie was mercilessly  ripped on this board.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Can we please get a CD/DVD combo of the Letterman show from 5/4/06?
    Such a great show!
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Can we please get vinyl reissues of Lo2L, Lost Dogs, and Rearviewmirror?  Other bands are on the 3rd reissue of their catalog.  It can't be that difficult.  No remaster or remix needed just a repress.
    can we have different subsections of the lost dogs forum?

-ISO
    -FT
    -FS

that is all. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I can't find the first thread about Can't Deny Me, the one giving the heads up about the download, that it would be the 2017 Ten Club Single and that the song shall be included in the forthcoming álbum, any help of how I can go about it? send PM, thanks
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Dear Ten Club,
    $6 shipping to mail a sticker is ridiculous!!!  Throw it in a god damn envelope with a stamp.  Good god.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Credit where it is due...you made cancelling my order this morning easy as could be. Thanks. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Pearl Jam 2005 CD Box Set ?

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    Pearl Jam 2006 & 2007 CD Box Set?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    RW8297 said:
    Pearl Jam 2006 & 2007 CD Box Set?

• So, how many voices have been heard so far? What are we talking numbers wise?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    So, how many voices have been heard so far? What are we talking numbers wise?
    I'm going with 2 maybe 3...
  • Bold guess
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I read every comment.