PJ fans in 12 step Recovery

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Wobbie said:
    ^^^^ a very “Amy thing” to do!

I’m kind of surprised I wake up tired and with a headache every day since I put the bottle down. I used to joke about being a “functioning alcoholic” but I guess my body was used to that “normal.” on the bright side, once I get going, I have been very productive and I don’t waste my days. I’ve had a few urges to have “a beer or two” (something I could rarely do) but haven’t acted on them.
    sometimes the drink is what it takes to feel "normal" again. your body has to relearn what normal is. 

I'm thinking of doing this Sober October thing. Just to see how it goes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Almost 5 months sober. No 12 stops or AA for me... not yet anyways as i'm not finding it as difficult as i thought it might be. Proud of myself for putting the bottle down. It had to happen!
    Proud of you, too. :plus_one:
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    So many great posts full of honesty.  Im having extreme difficulty with my PTSD lately & I feel kinda  not altogether, but I wanted to applaud everyone who is starting their life without using,  that first step is the hardest. Yay all of you.  And kudos to those living everyday in their continuing life as a sober/ clean person.  You are all miracles. 

It is so nice to see people come here just to offer support,  you don't know how much your kind words mean. Seriously. 

I haven't listed names but I'm hoping you all can know that im talking about you.  If that makes  sense. I dont know, just trying here. 

Amy, wow, I am blown away by your post & the very adult decisions you've had to make throughout your life. I come from a family infested with alcoholics & addicts with varying degrees of "functioning" & I had a child with one. Now said child is showing definite signs of addiction.

Im so glad your brother got clean, despite other unhealthy choices.  I lost my brother to alcoholism, in life & eventual death.  And indirectly lost my dad & sister to the disease in life & early deaths. There is a lot more I'd like to say, but you are a strong woman & I know it's painful being powerless. Telling your story here was an incredible step forward in wanting to get better.  Being on the other side is heart breaking & infuriating & confusing.  Mickeyrat had good advice.  Im so sorry for the pain you've experienced. 

That's my best words for now. Keep being loving & kind to each other,  this is a special thread. I love the support here.

Hope I made sense. If not,  I'll be back to try again when I'm mentally healthier.  My brain is screaming "stop typing", so I will. ❤
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    njnancy said:
    So many great posts full of honesty.  Im having extreme difficulty with my PTSD lately & I feel kinda  not altogether, but I wanted to applaud everyone who is starting their life without using,  that first step is the hardest. Yay all of you.  And kudos to those living everyday in their continuing life as a sober/ clean person.  You are all miracles. 

It is so nice to see people come here just to offer support,  you don't know how much your kind words mean. Seriously. 

I haven't listed names but I'm hoping you all can know that im talking about you.  If that makes  sense. I dont know, just trying here. 

Amy, wow, I am blown away by your post & the very adult decisions you've had to make throughout your life. I come from a family infested with alcoholics & addicts with varying degrees of "functioning" & I had a child with one. Now said child is showing definite signs of addiction.

Im so glad your brother got clean, despite other unhealthy choices.  I lost my brother to alcoholism, in life & eventual death.  And indirectly lost my dad & sister to the disease in life & early deaths. There is a lot more I'd like to say, but you are a strong woman & I know it's painful being powerless. Telling your story here was an incredible step forward in wanting to get better.  Being on the other side is heart breaking & infuriating & confusing.  Mickeyrat had good advice.  Im so sorry for the pain you've experienced. 

That's my best words for now. Keep being loving & kind to each other,  this is a special thread. I love the support here.

Hope I made sense. If not,  I'll be back to try again when I'm mentally healthier.  My brain is screaming "stop typing", so I will. ❤
    Nancy, 

:hug:

Much love to you. I thank you for your kindness. 

:kiss:
    Amy
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Sending much love your way @njnancy.  You are in my heart and mind.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    33 (day) Club.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    33 (day) Club.

Odd way of presenting it here, but congratulations! 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    And in seven days:

Well done, Wob!
    deadendp said:
    Wobbie said:
    33 (day) Club.

Odd way of presenting it here, but congratulations! 

you ohio people get it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Latrobe congratulates you.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    The King of Beers tips his Columbus area crown? 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    deadendp said:
    The King of Beers tips his Columbus area crown? 
    drive by there twice a day.

one time I wished I was Homer Simpson in that one episide where he fell in a vat on a Duff brewery tour and had to drink himself out of it.

Identifying with a drunken cartoon character removed any doubt I might have had about being an alky......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    njnancy said:

Sending you hugs. You're a great person.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    40 days.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    :clap:

=)  yay!
    Way to go!! 🥳
    :triumph:
    anyone read this? I just picked it up on a friend’s recommendation.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said: 
    anyone read this? I just picked it up on a friend’s recommendation.

I don't know about the book, but I am interested to know about 93 DIY tips from folks like you! :how_interesting:
    16 months :)

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman
    hedonist said:

Henny Youngman
    good shit right there

good on ya.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    from the glass lined tanks of old latrobe, we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you. 
    hedonist said:

- Henny Youngman
    :kiss: 
    rollings said:
    from the glass lined tanks of old latrobe, we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you. 
    You tender the beer, I'll take care of the green ;)
    hedonist said:
    rollings said:
    and I'll make sure you both get home safely

mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    rollings said:
    and I'll make sure you both get home safely

:peace:

(I also haven't driven in sixteen months =) )
    hedonist said:

- Henny Youngman
    Congrats Hedo!  That is awesome!  Love the quote too!
    Thanks!  And me too :)
    Hello to my friends in sobriety; no matter if you've just begun to form a thought,  or my fellow recovering alcoholics/addicts or those who visit to show solidarity....

23 years sober today, by the grace of my higher power. 

I've been struggling with PTSD lately but I'm determined to feel gratitude. I'm so thankful for this thread and for all of you......✌❤ ☕