NCAA College Football -

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    At this early point (very early) I would guess that it ends up being:

Clemson, LSU, Bama, and OSU

Still so much ball to play
    That would be my vote if I had a vote, as much as I hate putting in two teams from the same division within a conference.  But let's face it, the best team in the SEC East will almost always be little brother to the top 2 teams in the West.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    They may not have a great strength of schedule, but I would enjoy seeing Oklahoma make into the 4 slot. They would be a problem for anyone. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    They may not have a great strength of schedule, but I would enjoy seeing Oklahoma make into the 4 slot. They would be a problem for anyone. 
    Who else do you have making it in? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited October 2019
    Alabama, LSU, OSU and Oklahoma for fun. 

But I am going to put LSU in the one spot because they are going to beat bama, I can feel it. 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Alabama, LSU, OSU and Oklahoma for fun. 

But I am going to put LSU in the one spot because they are going to beat bama, I can feel it. 
    I was kind of thinking the same thing, but that #1 vs #2 matchup is going to be in Tuscaloosa. Going to be a great game.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited October 2019
    Normally, it feels like there is a more clear cut top 4. This season, right now, it was so difficult to project a top 4. A whole lot of super important games left.
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Ohio State has played nobody this year so far, their best "win" over an incredibly over rated Michigan State.  At least Wisconsin will have two shots to knock them out of the playoffs so we don't have to watch them get pounded by Clemson or an SEC team, again. 

the hate is strong. I think OSU is pretty good. they DESTROYED MSU and nebraska. those teams may not be great but they ARE big time programs.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    my overrated buckeyes are looking good.....again.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Welp, there goes the argument for Wisconsin. Unless they beat the Fuckeyes twice. But that's unlikely. Either way, losses like this and last weeks UGA loss are part of what makes CFB so great.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Welp, there goes the argument for Wisconsin. Unless they beat the Fuckeyes twice. But that's unlikely. Either way, losses like this and last weeks UGA loss are part of what makes CFB so great.
    typical big ten. perennial losers can and usually do play spoiler.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I was wondering if illinois had EVER been any good....I couldn’t remember a year....wiki gave me these factoid:

illini won the national championship in 1951. that year’s rose bowl was the first ever nationally televised college FB game and some dude on the team had an INT in 16 straight games.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    I was wondering if illinois had EVER been any good....I couldn’t remember a year....wiki gave me these factoid:

illini won the national championship in 1951. that year’s rose bowl was the first ever nationally televised college FB game and some dude on the team had an INT in 16 straight games.
    You don't remember Jeff George?!!
  • Is SMU ever going to play a ranked team to justify their 7-0 record?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Is SMU ever going to play a ranked team to justify their 7-0 record?
    I wish all ranked teams had to play half their games against other ranked teams. It boring watching a 72-3 blowout, even if you are a big fan of the team winning.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Temple wasn't ranked when they played this past Saturday?
    mace1229 said:
    I wish all ranked teams had to play half their games against other ranked teams. It boring watching a 72-3 blowout, even if you are a big fan of the team winning.
    I can't stand the "play a ranked opponent" argument.  Schedules are made years in advance.  Years.  A team who suddenly gets hot like UCF or SMU  doesn't have the advantage of just going out and signing on a bunch of currently ranked opponents.  And what's the point even if they did play a ranked opponent?  And win? They still wouldn't get any respect.  Play a ranked opponent then the next argument is "well, that's just one, talk to me when they play an SEC or Big Ten schedule..." 
    Utah, Boise State, and TCU ran all over every Power 5 opponent they faced in the BCS era.  All three schools undefeated against Power 5 teams in "New Years Day" bowls during BCS.  Yet none of them ever got ranked in the top 5, let alone even considered for a National Title, much less play for one.   Boise State even campaigned to join a Power 5 to shut up all the naysayers, and no one would take them.  Gee, I wonder fucking why?  Boise State and Chris Peterson had all the perennial "powerhouses" shaking in their damn shoes! 
    Rankings and playing ranked opponents are jokes anyway when the "playoff" is nothing more than a popularity contest decided by a bunch of people in a room who know absolutely nothing about sports.
  • cutz said:
    Nope.  They lost to friggin Buffalo a few weeks ago.
  • mace1229 said:
    I can't stand the "play a ranked opponent" argument.  Schedules are made years in advance.  Years.  A team who suddenly gets hot like UCF or SMU  doesn't have the advantage of just going out and signing on a bunch of currently ranked opponents.  And what's the point even if they did play a ranked opponent?  And win? They still wouldn't get any respect.  Play a ranked opponent then the next argument is "well, that's just one, talk to me when they play an SEC or Big Ten schedule..." 
    Utah, Boise State, and TCU ran all over every Power 5 opponent they faced in the BCS era.  All three schools undefeated against Power 5 teams in "New Years Day" bowls during BCS.  Yet none of them ever got ranked in the top 5, let alone even considered for a National Title, much less play for one.   Boise State even campaigned to join a Power 5 to shut up all the naysayers, and no one would take them.  Gee, I wonder fucking why?  Boise State and Chris Peterson had all the perennial "powerhouses" shaking in their damn shoes! 
    Rankings and playing ranked opponents are jokes anyway when the "playoff" is nothing more than a popularity contest decided by a bunch of people in a room who know absolutely nothing about sports.
    Ranked teams playing against each other shows me whether or not those teams deserve that ranking.  If and when I see Miami crack the top 25 I know that won't last because they stink and should not be ranked at all.  Then they play a ranked team and off the 25 they go.

That is why I like to see teams play other ranked teams.

UCF and SMU haven't played any good teams at all so I am ok with their lower rank in the top 25.  Well SMU this year.  UCF has 2 L's already this year.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    cutz said:
    i thought they were ranked #25 in the AP poll?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • cutz said:
    Not the AP poll.  Maybe Coaches they did?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    cutz said:
    Not the AP poll.  Maybe Coaches they did?
    ah yes it was the coaches poll
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    so did you see the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty Washington got on Saturday?  so on a kickoff they had a guy lay down in the end zone so his purple jersey would blend into the end zone and he'd be camouflaged. they after the kick they threw the ball across the field too him.  so seriously hot pathetic and amateurish of a coach do you have to be to have one of your players lay down on the fucking field to hide?  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hahahaha.  I wish I had seen that.
    Bullshit play call, obviously, but I would laughed my ass off at the absurdity of it all.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited October 2019
    There was an identical play called a few years back. For the life of me, I cannot recall what team it was. A big program too, I think. OSU maybe? Whoever it was, laid in one of of the letters painted in the endzone.

I feel like it was applauded when it happened then.
    Well, FML that was brutal. I did have Michigan winning, FWIW. But I never saw that. They earned what they got, but the Irish flat out quit. Alarming, to say the least.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    LET’S GO JAYHAWKS!!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Rough day.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    mace1229 said:
    Ranked teams playing against each other shows me whether or not those teams deserve that ranking.  If and when I see Miami crack the top 25 I know that won't last because they stink and should not be ranked at all.  Then they play a ranked team and off the 25 they go.

That is why I like to see teams play other ranked teams.

UCF and SMU haven't played any good teams at all so I am ok with their lower rank in the top 25.  Well SMU this year.  UCF has 2 L's already this year.
    I understand it helps bring legitimacy to their schedule.  But it's not like they can just pick and choose who they play each week.  "Play a ranked team" is still a dumb argument.
    Speaking of underserved rankings, Notre Dame is the poster child.

• Speaking of underserved rankings, Notre Dame is the poster child.

Have you seen how many teams have zero losses now?

Appalachian State is undefeated yo!

One day, yes one day, I will see my beloved 'Canes in the top 10.

Michigan, Auburn, Iowa, Wisconsin all have 2 losses and are in the top 20.