2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    kst said:
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    2019 will be the first year ever In the history of the band that not a single song will be performed live.  Very very sad. 
    I’ve been afraid of changing 
    Cause I’ve built my life around you
    But time makes you bolder,
    Even children get older
    Ed’s getting older too...
    Ed played at least 14 shows in 2019 between Innings, Europe and Ohana.
    Poor guy 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    kst said:
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    2019 will be the first year ever In the history of the band that not a single song will be performed live.  Very very sad. 
    I’ve been afraid of changing 
    Cause I’ve built my life around you
    But time makes you bolder,
    Even children get older
    Ed’s getting older too...
    Ed played at least 14 shows in 2019 between Innings, Europe and Ohana.
    Poor guy 
    Only 351 days off.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2019
    Gothenburg Ullevi Stadium has had to move some junior athletic competitions to another date from the usual weekend (one week after midsummer - June 26-28) because some major act needs the stadium. Local newspapers are guessing that it is either Springsteen or Iron Maiden, but what if... 
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Friday I heard on the radio that Eddie Vedder was sick and life without Pearl Jam flashed before my eyes.  Thoughts of my wife never being able to see the band live became a real possibility.  Then later that day I realized they said Eddie Van Halen and everything returned to normal.  Not to take anything away from Van Halen but Ten is the first album I ever received.

I can't wait for their next tour (hopefully 2020)!  Hope they come back to Florida.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    mrk2 said:
    Gothenburg Ullevi Stadium has had to move some junior athletic competitions to another date from the usual weekend (one week after midsummer - June 26-28) because some major act needs the stadium. Local newspapers are guessing that it is either Springsteen or Iron Maiden, but what if... 
    75,000 capacity for concerts.  There were lots of empty seats at Friends Arena in 2014.  I don't think this is feasible. 
    Around 65k for concerts with a ”standard” stadium stage. But you are right, it is too big. Friends arena didnt even use the full capacity to begin with (the stage was near the half way line, not at the far end)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 293
    mrk2 said:
    Around 65k for concerts with a ”standard” stadium stage. But you are right, it is too big. Friends arena didnt even use the full capacity to begin with (the stage was near the half way line, not at the far end)
    As much as I would love them to play Ullevi, I think Stockholms Stadion or Tele2 Arena in Stockholm is better suited for them.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622

• CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    A lot of cool concert announcements starting to come out. I want to save vacation time and money for a pending Pearl Jam tour, but I also don’t want to wait for nothing. I hope we hear something soon!
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    CW55354 said:
    A lot of cool concert announcements starting to come out. I want to save vacation time and money for a pending Pearl Jam tour, but I also don’t want to wait for nothing. I hope we hear something soon!
    I know. Tick tock
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    DM282158 said:
    CW55354 said:
    I know. Tick tock

I thought for sure one of the summertime rumors meant we'd get real news by mid october. Now that its here its crickets again. With a six month lag for an album release we are burning thru April 2020 it seems. If that's so they're off the road 42 of 44 months. So why do I keep looking?

When those 7 US shows were added in 2018 it seemed to be an immediate buildup to their forthcoming release. Now it seems like "hey we're probably gonna be off the road 2 years so we should do something in the states before then." 
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    mrk2 said:

omg Europe needs to go and sit down in the corner for a minute! There are whole lot of other places who didn’t get any fucking shows for years and years or even...never. 

I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    I mean if we’re making up shit, then hey San Francisco has a brand new house. Come play Chase Center😂😂😂😂
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mrk2 said:

is not pj..as it seems .pj will be that date somewhere else.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited October 2019
    Damn you tease. How far will they be, how many countries in between? :lol:   Same timezone?

Post edited by mrk2 on
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    mrk2 said:

Any news on Europe, Dimi? You said maybe in October... pleeaase :wink: 
  • rivrenrivren Posts: 23
    mrk2 said:

is not pj..as it seems .pj will be that date somewhere else

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Sooo...I have to turn in my vacation request form for next year in 2 weeks. I'm going somewhere. It's up to PJ if I am going somewhere to see them.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • If there are European shows the announcement is usually late November or early December 
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    I'm planning on going to New Orleans next October so a show then would be great!
    Nature drunk and High
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    edited October 2019
    mrk2 said:

Isn't Glastonbury that same weekend? 

Or, maybe PJ will be at the Plissken Festival in Athens. :)

Post edited by rey on
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    mrk2 said:

Its THE BOSS!?
  • AponeApone Posts: 575
    mrk2 said:

Starting to get some solid info at last....
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    If it is Europe again please give us something close to the fantastic Prague, Krakow, Berlin run of shows again please! 
  • MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    Can't wait for the european tour! 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    D.Frank said:
    mrk2 said:

Its THE BOSS!?
    E-street dates have to be announced soon I would think
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • AponeApone Posts: 575
    Moemai said:
    No confirmation yet it is European dates Dimi is referring to
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    Apone said:
    Moemai said:
    No confirmation yet it is European dates Dimi is referring to
    Maybe Moemai knows something....
  • MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    No, but I just assume they will come back. 
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    mrk2 said:

Somewhere else in EU?