*** GUNS N' ROSES ***

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    dr122931 said:
    “Locomotive” was played two nights ago in Kansas for the first time in 27 years. One of their best songs and they nailed it...

https://youtu.be/gyFuesloHY0
    Locomotive is a gem.  Glad to see them adding some songs to the mix.  The reason I only saw them once on the NITL tour was bc setlists were stale.   Would love to see others like dead horse, don’t damn me, bad obsession, pretty tied up, etc 
    Right on, love all of those UYI deep cuts. Garden, Garden of Eden, Breakdown, Right Next Door to Hell, Dust N’ Bones, Back off Bitch etc. But they played Coma, Civil War, Yesterdays, Estranged when I saw them... I have no complaints.
    I saw them in 2016, the first year of the reunion tour (because we didn't know how long it was going to last).   Most of the focus was on appetite, with only a little on UYI, and no songs from Lies.   Great show, but I wish they'd gone a bit deeper.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Zod said:
    dr122931 said:
    “Locomotive” was played two nights ago in Kansas for the first time in 27 years. One of their best songs and they nailed it...

https://youtu.be/gyFuesloHY0
    Locomotive is a gem.  Glad to see them adding some songs to the mix.  The reason I only saw them once on the NITL tour was bc setlists were stale.   Would love to see others like dead horse, don’t damn me, bad obsession, pretty tied up, etc 
    Right on, love all of those UYI deep cuts. Garden, Garden of Eden, Breakdown, Right Next Door to Hell, Dust N’ Bones, Back off Bitch etc. But they played Coma, Civil War, Yesterdays, Estranged when I saw them... I have no complaints.
    I saw them in 2016, the first year of the reunion tour (because we didn't know how long it was going to last).   Most of the focus was on appetite, with only a little on UYI, and no songs from Lies.   Great show, but I wish they'd gone a bit deeper.
    Hoping that after the last few years, they know they can go into the rest of their catalog now. And change up the covers. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Those Austin City Limits setlists are nice - much more "streamlined" than the usual ones that are a bit bloated.
    Can someone remind me whether or not the ACL shows get "released" (not officially) is somewhat high quality? 
    That incident with the "superfan" getting a lifetime ban from shows is pretty messed up.
    https://gnrcentral.com/2019/10/08/video-surfaces-of-guns-n-roses-fan-receiving-lifetime-ban-from-future-shows/
    rummy said:
    That incident with the "superfan" getting a lifetime ban from shows is pretty messed up.
    https://gnrcentral.com/2019/10/08/video-surfaces-of-guns-n-roses-fan-receiving-lifetime-ban-from-future-shows/
    I guess it depends.   Was the the source of the leak of all those unrelease gnr songs?   If so, that's messed up.  If not, then GNR permantly banning him is messed up.

Not sure how they enforce though.   Usually your pretty anonymous going into a show. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I just purchased Slash's autobiography.  Has anyone here read it?
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    hedonist said:
    You mean this one? ;) I am halfway through and it's a highly entertaining read. I took a break from it a few months back because I seem to do that with books for whatever reason, but I just thought about it again the other day.
    Yes, that’s the one! I’ve heard it’s a great read (and, as you said, very entertaining).
  • hedonist said:
    You mean this one? ;) I am halfway through and it's a highly entertaining read. I took a break from it a few months back because I seem to do that with books for whatever reason, but I just thought about it again the other day.
    You mean MY copy that i let you borrow two years ago that I still haven’t gotten back yet,
    and now it’s all beaten up!? 👋🏻:lol:

It’s a great read, although the ending about how Axl was impossible to work with and they’ll never be bandmates again is a little outdated. The stories are great though. I liked the one where he freaked out in a hotel shower on acid/whatever combo of drugs while he was being attacked by a horde of green interdimensional woodland creatures and ran down to the lobby, stark naked.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    hedonist said:
    You mean MY copy that i let you borrow two years ago that I still haven’t gotten back yet,

It’s a great read, although the ending about how Axl was impossible to work with and they’ll never be bandmates again is a little outdated. The stories are great though. I liked the one where he freaked out in a hotel shower on acid/whatever combo of drugs while he was being attacked by a horde of green interdimensional woodland creatures and ran down to the lobby, stark naked.
    That has happened to most of us, hasn't it?

:lol:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

It's a rite of passage where I'm from.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Well at least I still have your copy @SmallestOceans! LMAO!! I picked it back up after Hedo's post.. And after I saw GNR again a few weeks ago. I might be 20 pages past the halfway point now ;)

I saw them about 2 years ago for the first time and felt I could finally die and I was satisfied......

Then....tickets dropped into my hands days before the Charlotte show a few weeks ago and I thought.. well damn might as well. What a f*ckin rock show. I will see them every chance I get until the day I die. I don't care if the setlist is on repeat. They are badass.
    I'm about 35 or so pages in, and already so much Saul's described is exactly as I remember it...Bancroft, Fairfax, the music we were into, some of the hangouts (we used to get high in the open entry of his building).

Anyway, I read the bit where he mentioned Marc Canter and I thought, damn!  He called me a year or two before his own book was published, for recollections of those days.  He's now married to a woman I was close with during that time.

Big city, small town :)
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    hedonist said:

In high school I watched a wall melt while I was in trig class and could see the students in the next room.  That was a trip.

I also was convinced that I had wet my pants and was walking around with a massive stain in my crotch region.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Zod said:
    rummy said:
    I guess it depends.   Was the the source of the leak of all those unrelease gnr songs?   If so, that's messed up.  If not, then GNR permantly banning him is messed up.

Not sure how they enforce though.   Usually your pretty anonymous going into a show. 
    yeah, how is this possibly enforceable?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:

In high school I watched a wall melt while I was in trig class and could see the students in the next room.  That was a trip.

I also was convinced that I had wet my pants and was walking around with a massive stain in my crotch region.
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Nice to see GNR break out another deep cut last night with Dead Horse. Hope that trend continues. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Nice to see GNR break out another deep cut last night with Dead Horse. Hope that trend continues. 
    that's awesome. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Too bad Axl sounds so weird... Not bad per se... but weird... that raw gravel mixed with his high pitched turned sour.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Too bad Axl sounds so weird... Not bad per se... but weird... that raw gravel mixed with his high pitched turned sour.
    Axl flat out can't sing anymore.  We saw them at ACL a few weeks ago and the band was awesome, but Axl's voice was downright terrible.  Barely audible in places.
    Looks like they brought out "Dead Horse" last night in OKC...first time since 1993. Kinda cool.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

Guns N' Roses - Not In This Lifetime Selects: Download Festival

https://youtu.be/UTulnklNm2Q
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Refund window for Fenway should be opening today. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

JimmyV said:

Info coming on 7/27 based on a Fenway/Live Nation email I received last night.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Saw that. I don't like only having a 30-day window to request a refund. Given the prevailing uncertainty, I think the ticketing agencies should give a window from announcement of new date until 30 days before the show. 

There's nothing my wife would love more than standing in that pit in front of Slash, but it's not worth it if the price is her life.

Guess I'll just get a refund and try for tickets closer to the date if it seems safe. I doubt they'll be as good as the ones I scored in the presale, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    edited July 2020
    Has anyone in this thread hears the Chris Cornell cover of Patience? It's pretty fantastic and brought a tear to my eye.

https://youtu.be/myZ32Pf-5PE
    dankind said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Saw that. I don't like only having a 30-day window to request a refund. Given the prevailing uncertainty, I think the ticketing agencies should give a window from announcement of new date until 30 days before the show. 

There's nothing my wife would love more than standing in that pit in front of Slash, but it's not worth it if the price is her life.

Guess I'll just get a refund and try for tickets closer to the date if it seems safe. I doubt they'll be as good as the ones I scored in the presale, though.

I guess the problem is they probably had to lay a bunch of people off due to zero revenue coming in.  They probably don't want to have to pay for the staff to run things indefinitely.   I feel it's ok if the 30 day window occurs every time a show gets postponed.   That way if it gets postponed to next year, the pandemic is still a thing, it gets postponed again, then you still have a chance to get your funds back.
    The plot thickens. I wrote to the Fenway ticket office yesterday, before the Live Nation email arrived, asking about the refund process. Today I received this response:

Thank you for your email, Jim!

This email confirms that we have received your request for a refund for the Guns N’ Roses show. Your order for this event will be refunded in full. Please note, this refund will be processed once the 30 day window for all refund requests has closed. The refund will be processed to the method of payment which was originally used to complete your ticket purchase.

If you have any additional questions regarding the refund process, please call 877-REDSOX9 (877-733-7699) and press 1 for Ticketing to speak with a member of our Ticket Services Team. The Ticket Office phone lines are open from 10:00am – 5:00pm EST Monday through Friday.

Thank you and Stay safe,

Boston Red Sox Ticket Services

So the refund window is open?