*** GUNS N' ROSES ***

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
edited August 2019 in Other Music
Full leak of the CD era song Hard School (deleted from youtube).

Here is a pic of "the last dangerous band"

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• mvwmvw Posts: 1,645
    Can someone please, please, pretty please PM me this if possible.
  • I think it was a great rocker. Chinese Democracy is great — But it needed more classic rockers. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    taken down. would love it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

the song is good. better than a lot of the stuff that ended up on CD. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

listening to UYI right now. jesus these guys were great. so many amazing songs. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• listening to UYI right now. jesus these guys were great. so many amazing songs. 
    Will have to go through those two albums (again) soon.

I prefer CD I think though... UNDERRATED album.
    listening to UYI right now. jesus these guys were great. so many amazing songs. 

disagree. not a big fan. it's not bad, but it's not better than UYI. not even in the same league. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• listening to UYI right now. jesus these guys were great. so many amazing songs. 

disagree. not a big fan. it's not bad, but it's not better than UYI. not even in the same league. 
    As I said. I need to re-listen to them. Maybe even pick them up on vinyl. Hmm...
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    I can't even get through Chinese Democracy...terrible!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    If Illusions 1 and 2 was just one album you’d have a strong argument for the best debut and follow up albums in rock history.  
    Chinese Democracy had at least four songs that were incredible and on par with the better stuff on Illusions.  I liked it. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    Chinese Democracy had at least four songs that were incredible and on par with the better stuff on Illusions.  I liked it. 
    I don't feel that way.  There's nothing on Chinese Democracy that sticks with me.   I feel at least half of each UYI album is pretty damn good, and even the filler is decent.

I think Lies has a good ratio.  4 Studio tracks all of which are great :)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Coma, ftw.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    UYI are some of the best albums I have ever heard. Those guys were soooooo on their game for those albums. Train wrecks but creatively untouchable.

and yes, COMA!!!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Zod said:
    I don't feel that way.  There's nothing on Chinese Democracy that sticks with me.   I feel at least half of each UYI album is pretty damn good, and even the filler is decent.

I think Lies has a good ratio.  4 Studio tracks all of which are great :)
    Not even Better?

https://youtu.be/Kd47LyxgwiM
  • Snippets of more leaked songs released I read. A better version of Atlas among them.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I like There Was A Time and Street of Dreams. Lots to forget on CD though and no way in hell does any of stand up to the better UYI material. A few I’d get rid because they sound alike and My World is trash but still more than enough for a double album.
    edited August 2019
    DewieCox said:
    I like There Was A Time and Street of Dreams. Lots to forget on CD though and no way in hell does any of stand up to the better UYI material. A few I’d get rid because they sound alike and My World is trash but still more than enough for a double album.
    can you imagine being in a band where the lead singer recorded a track like that and put it on the cd without anyone knowing about it?

fuck I'd have punched him in the dick. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    DewieCox said:
    can you imagine being in a band where the lead singer recorded a track like that and put it on the cd without anyone knowing about it?

You know this is exactly what Eddie did on Vitalogy with Stupid Mop, right?
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Anyone hear the Atlas Shrugged leak? 

Saw this. Got intrigued:

surforia said:
    DewieCox said:

You know this is exactly what Eddie did on Vitalogy with Stupid Mop, right?
    never heard that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Held a USE YOUR ILLUSIONS 1 vinyl for 15 euros in France a few days ago, but didn't buy it.

regret it like hell now.
    Anyone hear the Atlas Shrugged leak? 

Saw this. Got intrigued:

That’s the exact complaint that Slash made back in 95.   He said Axl truly wanted them to be half PJ/half NIN
  • Anyone hear the Atlas Shrugged leak? 

Saw this. Got intrigued:

That’s the exact complaint that Slash made back in 95.   He said Axl truly wanted them to be half PJ/half NIN
    I dig Axls vision of every album sounding different and be in completely different direction though. In theory atleast.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    I'm seeing them at Louder than Life in Louisville next weekend.  The schedule has them listed as 830-1130....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Axl has short hair now. 

And they soundchecked the leaked "Hardschool"

https://youtu.be/FTLqGwyBihI
  • “Locomotive” was played two nights ago in Kansas for the first time in 27 years. One of their best songs and they nailed it...

https://youtu.be/gyFuesloHY0
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited October 2019
    “Locomotive” was played two nights ago in Kansas for the first time in 27 years. One of their best songs and they nailed it...

Locomotive is a gem.  Glad to see them adding some songs to the mix.  The reason I only saw them once on the NITL tour was bc setlists were stale.   Would love to see others like dead horse, don’t damn me, bad obsession, pretty tied up, etc 
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • dr122931 said:
    “Locomotive” was played two nights ago in Kansas for the first time in 27 years. One of their best songs and they nailed it...

Locomotive is a gem.  Glad to see them adding some songs to the mix.  The reason I only saw them once on the NITL tour was bc setlists were stale.   Would love to see others like dead horse, don’t damn me, bad obsession, pretty tied up, etc 
    Right on, love all of those UYI deep cuts. Garden, Garden of Eden, Breakdown, Right Next Door to Hell, Dust N’ Bones, Back off Bitch etc. But they played Coma, Civil War, Yesterdays, Estranged when I saw them... I have no complaints.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dr122931 said:

Right on, love all of those UYI deep cuts. Garden, Garden of Eden, Breakdown, Right Next Door to Hell, Dust N’ Bones, Back off Bitch etc. But they played Coma, Civil War, Yesterdays, Estranged when I saw them... I have no complaints.
    Me, either. Plenty of piss breaks. And loooooong ones. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM