New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited October 2019
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    This game was the real test. Facing a team that can move the ball and a really good defense. Giving up 28 is not great. But it could have been worse. Knew the offense would struggle.
    Jones is going to be sore as hell tonight, tomorrow....he went down a lot. We play Patriots Thursday night so 2 less days of prep/recovery.

Gallman went out after 1st quarter, concussion I think. Not sure if he's playing Thursday.
    I don't believe you can play the week after a concussion
    Josh Allen played today after being concussed last week, but doing on a Thursday game is unlikely.
    Usually they test the player during the week. Most of the time they don't play. And in a contact sport I'm surprised they let him play
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Only 1 game back so far. Thursday is not looking great. But Saquon might be back
    I miss igotid88
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    This game was the real test. Facing a team that can move the ball and a really good defense. Giving up 28 is not great. But it could have been worse. Knew the offense would struggle.
    Jones is going to be sore as hell tonight, tomorrow....he went down a lot. We play Patriots Thursday night so 2 less days of prep/recovery.

Gallman went out after 1st quarter, concussion I think. Not sure if he's playing Thursday.
    Josh Allen played today after being concussed last week, but doing on a Thursday game is unlikely.
    Gallman should be out until he passes the protocols,  which is impossible in a week. 

Josh Allen should have sat out today's game.What good are the extremely annoying constant flag throwing meant to protect them if they don't let them heal? Stupid short term decisions. 

Do we have any RB's looking good?  And what is the deal with Golden Tate? I didn't  see him shining today so I'm confused. I thought he was special in some way. 

Now...

Welcome to the NFL, esp. the NFC East. Big media market with loyal but very emotive NJ & NY fans, Daniel.  As my father used to say,  we will quickly  determine if "the bloom is off the rose ". We will boo you if you throw interceptions,  get constantly sacked & can't make downs & turn them into touchdowns.  We love touchdowns. We need lots of points to quell our constant fear of losing. Field goals mean we weren't good enough to get a TD.

We don't have any emotional attachment to you. (We LOVE Eli, no matter differing opinions of his performance & benching. He's a team player all the way & next week is gonna be hard for  him.  We love him as a person.Hes a loveable goof & has a special place in our fan hearts) We haven't even fallen in like with you.  So step it up young man. You are on a team with fans that will grow weary of the rookie thing if you don't perform.

We'll applaud you & say great things about you if you play really well, win & don't act like a jerk. Avoid drama. 

We want to be entertained & are impatient & finicky. We are loyal to the team,  players each have a fan love quotient. We love winning but we can deal with a loss that was hard fought, for a short time. We will even boo players we love if they are playing lazy or sloppy. We'll  boo the whole  dang team if we're are not impressed. We'll boo the coaches & write mean things about you in the newspapers. Pundits  will overanalyze your every move & we'll watch & repeat it. So good luck kiddo. Welcome to Giant's  Stadium.

😎

igotid88 said:
    Only 1 game back so far. Thursday is not looking great. But Saquon might be back
    I hope not,  it's too early. He'll  wind up reinjuring it,  ít takes  several weeks for proper healing.  If they want him to be a Giant for years past his unbelievable youth of  21, let him heal. We lose, we lose.  The team is , obviously, going through major changes. 
    njnancy said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:

Gallman should be out until he passes the protocols,  which is impossible in a week. 

Josh Allen should have sat out today's game.What good are the extremely annoying constant flag throwing meant to protect them if they don't let them heal? Stupid short term decisions. 

Do we have any RB's looking good?  And what is the deal with Golden Tate? I didn't  see him shining today so I'm confused. I thought he was special in some way. 

Now...

Welcome to the NFL, esp. the NFC East. Big media market with loyal but very emotive NJ & NY fans, Daniel.  As my father used to say,  we will quickly  determine if "the bloom is off the rose ". We will boo you if you throw interceptions,  get constantly sacked & can't make downs & turn them into touchdowns.  We love touchdowns. We need lots of points to quell our constant fear of losing. Field goals mean we weren't good enough to get a TD.

We don't have any emotional attachment to you. (We LOVE Eli, no matter differing opinions of his performance & benching. He's a team player all the way & next week is gonna be hard for  him.  We love him as a person.Hes a loveable goof & has a special place in our fan hearts) We haven't even fallen in like with you.  So step it up young man. You are on a team with fans that will grow weary of the rookie thing if you don't perform.

We'll applaud you & say great things about you if you play really well, win & don't act like a jerk. Avoid drama. 

We want to be entertained & are impatient & finicky. We are loyal to the team,  players each have a fan love quotient. We love winning but we can deal with a loss that was hard fought, for a short time. We will even boo players we love if they are playing lazy or sloppy. We'll  boo the whole  dang team if we're are not impressed. We'll boo the coaches & write mean things about you in the newspapers. Pundits  will overanalyze your every move & we'll watch & repeat it. So good luck kiddo. Welcome to Giant's  Stadium.

😎

Golden is a good player. He's not Odell level. But he's supposed to be good with yards after the catch. Was hoping he would be there for Eli in week 1. 
    I miss igotid88
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    I hope not,  it's too early. He'll  wind up reinjuring it,  ít takes  several weeks for proper healing.  If they want him to be a Giant for years past his unbelievable youth of  21, let him heal. We lose, we lose.  The team is , obviously, going through major changes. 
    He's already practicing and moving around. So that's all I know. They said 4-8 weeks. Looks like it was closer to 4. 
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    He's already practicing and moving around. So that's all I know. They said 4-8 weeks. Looks like it was closer to 4. 
    There is no reason to rush him back for this team. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    igotid88 said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    I said he should sit the rest of the season
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Shepard, Gallman, and probably Engram out for Thursday.
    This could get ugly. 
    igotid88 said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    I said he should sit the rest of the season
    A smart franchise would consider such a thing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Lucky the Patriots aren't playing well early. Thought they would get the 3 pts early instead of going for it on 4th and 1
    I miss igotid88
    We're lucky the Patriots are keeping us in this game.
    I miss igotid88
    Amazing how we're only down 1 score with Jones throwing 3 interceptions. If Eli threw 1 we would be down 20.
    I miss igotid88
    I hope they put Eli in just to get some work in.
    I miss igotid88
    If they don't put Eli in for garbage time. Then they really gave up oh him
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    igotid88 said:
    Get some work for what?
    igotid88 said:
    Get some work for what?
    For whatever
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Get some work for what?
    For whatever
    Hahaha
    hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    Amazing how we're only down 1 score with Jones throwing 3 interceptions. If Eli threw 1 we would be down 20.
    Eli’s excuses don’t translate to Eli Jr? Interesting!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    People on Twitter are praising Jones and giving him more excuses more than Eli has had in games like this. The defense kept us in all game but they were giving Jones most of the credti.I know Jones was going to have a tough game tonight just like Eli would have if he played.
    I miss igotid88
    Shurmur shoud let Shula call the plays. Can't be any worse.
    I miss igotid88
    Should they fire Shurmur? Would make sense since they gave up on the season after week 2
    I miss igotid88
    The funny thing is if Eli thew that same pass to Tate. People here and on Twitter would be saying how Tate bailed out Eli.
    I miss igotid88
    We have another possible win against the Cardinals that will keep us in it.
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Bastards cost me, loved my pick at halftime but should have figured they would give away at least one more TD.
    Giants fans have had their share of glorious seasons, but you are mired in a world of shit and piss right now.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    People on Twitter are praising Jones and giving him more excuses more than Eli has had in games like this. The defense kept us in all game but they were giving Jones most of the credti.I know Jones was going to have a tough game tonight just like Eli would have if he played.
    Well I for one am looking forward to how you deal with this conundrum for the next however many years Eli Jr is your quarterback. 
    chinese-happy.jpg