Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    PP193448 said:
    Zod said:
    Well there is a 20% off coupon for the store.
    Just tried it on the 2018 box set.  Says code invalid... 
    Same. But the code also doesn't work on everything else too. Code will probably work in a few minutes. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    FR181798 said:
    Exciting times indeed. =)
    I can't contain myself.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    First time ever I haven't received the newsletter e-mail. (???).
    Am I unmatched too or something?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    RW8297 said:
    It started going to my spam a few months ago. Have you looked there?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    JimmyV said:
    RW8297 said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    JimmyV said:
    RW8297 said:
    Yep.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Code doesnt work on UK shop but not surprised by that.
  • Maybe I will use the coupon to finally buy the Avocado album on vinyl.
    LoL. That's what you think!
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Code worked fine for me when I tried the US site.
    demetrios said:
    PP193448 said:
    Zod said:
    Same. But the code also doesn't work on everything else too. Code will probably work in a few minutes. 

The code now works! :)
  • rictus58 said:
    Maybe I will use the coupon to finally buy the Avocado album on vinyl.
    LoL. That's what you think!
    Hahaha when you're right, you're right.  Looks like I'll have to drown my sorrows eating a gallon of ice cream and buy Benaroya on eBay on my downward shame spiral. :scream:
  • demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    PP193448 said:
    Zod said:

The code now works! :)
    Phew!  Downward shame spiral averted.
  • aaaand nevermind.  :o $11.02 to ship one vinyl album?!  Hilarious 10c
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    If only I liked merch as much as I like music, I’d be one lucky man. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    aaaand nevermind.  :o $11.02 to ship one vinyl album?!  Hilarious 10c
    Yeah, ordering from 10c is goofy. It is only a last resort or for truly exclusive stuff. The Easy Street Vinyl came to almost $50 after shipping and tax from the 10c site, so I got it from Amazon delivered for half that. Between high product pricing and high shipping charges (and pretty slow fulfillment and shipping thanks to Mail Innovations) there isn't a compelling reason to buy any non-exclusive merch through them.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr said:
    aaaand nevermind.  :o $11.02 to ship one vinyl album?!  Hilarious 10c
    Yeah, ordering from 10c is goofy. It is only a last resort or for truly exclusive stuff. The Easy Street Vinyl came to almost $50 after shipping and tax from the 10c site, so I got it from Amazon delivered for half that. Between high product pricing and high shipping charges (and pretty slow fulfillment and shipping thanks to Mail Innovations) there isn't a compelling reason to buy any non-exclusive merch through them.
    Wow, I had no idea.  I can't believe it's that high.  That is a good point.  I will only order exclusive merch in the future.  Thinking back, I've only ordered exclusive merch before. Most recently being 2016 bootlegs/merch and the vaults.
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    edited October 2019
    The thing that bugs me for instance you can order as many Halloween shirts as you want, but you have to do it In individual orders. For a band that preaches about the environment and reducing their carbon footprint. wouldn’t it be better to ship in one shipment. Seems like a lot of wasted packaging. 
    Post edited by KW6232 on
  • KW6232 said:
    The thing that bugs me for instance you can order as many Halloween shirts as you want, but you have to do it In individual orders. For a band that preaches about the environment and reducing their carbon footprint. wouldn’t it be better to ship in one shipment. Seems like a lot of wasted packaging. 
    I've said this forever.. it's a joke or shows how little the band is involved in their own business. Look at the Euro shop over the summer. Released things every day and all shipped separately. Zippos, mugs, hats, stickers.. why not do it all at once??
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Unfortunately the code doesn't work on gift cards either.
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    edited October 2019
    KW6232 said:
    I agree with you on this, a lot of our "environmental musician heroes" are hypocrites. The latest for me was good ol' Neil Young. He just released his and Crazy Horse's new album as a double LP, although there's only three sides of music. OK, I've seen that before - too much music to fit on two sides but not enough to fill four sides. But then, and pushed as a big selling point, Neil includes a separate 7" vinyl record and sleeve with the album! Why not just put those songs on the fourth LP side and save the extra vinyl?! I really despise hypocrisy, especially from people who constantly preach to us about their virtues.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    shecky said:
    KW6232 said:
    I agree with you on this, a lot of our "environmental musician heroes" are hypocrites. The latest for me was good ol' Neil Young. He just released his and Crazy Horse's new album as a double LP, although there's only three sides of music. OK, I've seen that before - too much music to fit on two sides but not enough to fill four sides. But then, and pushed as a big selling point, Neil includes a separate 7" vinyl record and sleeve with the album! Why not just put those songs on the fourth LP side and save the extra vinyl?! I really despise hypocrisy, especially from people who constantly preach to us about their virtues.
    The 7" is not part of the album. That's why it's not on the album. Neil is as consistent as anyone of his stature on environmental stuff aside from ed begley jr
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    NewJPage said:
    shecky said:
    KW6232 said:
    The 7" is not part of the album. That's why it's not on the album. Neil is as consistent as anyone of his stature on environmental stuff aside from ed begley jr
    My understanding is that the 7" is a live version of the song 'Rainbow of Colors' which is on the new album. So, it is indeed related to the album and there is no reason, in the interest of protecting and preserving Mother Earth which has been one of Neil's lifelong campaigns, that an extra 7" vinyl record (and the accompanying manufacturing cost to the environment) needed to be made. Especially when the entire fourth side of the album is blank. Plain hypocrisy.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I mean, if we are gonna go that far, they should stop making physical things all together.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    shecky said:
    NewJPage said:
    shecky said:
    KW6232 said:
    My understanding is that the 7" is a live version of the song 'Rainbow of Colors' which is on the new album. So, it is indeed related to the album and there is no reason, in the interest of protecting and preserving Mother Earth which has been one of Neil's lifelong campaigns, that an extra 7" vinyl record (and the accompanying manufacturing cost to the environment) needed to be made. Especially when the entire fourth side of the album is blank. Plain hypocrisy.
    The live version is not part of the album. Nor is the other song, which was recorded during the sessions. If this is your policy do you hate all 7" singles that are not pressed with an accompaning album? Should Undone have been included in riot act, as there was enough space for it on CD and lp releases? All physical media? I'm not going to question how he releases his art or his environmental credentials. He's a rich guy that burns lot of carbon, but he's also invested millions of his own $ on the environment
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    dankind said:

...10coctober....

It's not a good look to have "coct" in there, is it?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    I mean, if we are gonna go that far, they should stop making physical things all together.

• Lots of hypocrites in the music world
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

...10coctober....

It's not a good look to have "coct" in there, is it?
    What do you have against “coct”?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Don’t hold it against them!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited October 2019
    Finally....god damnit it had to be said..."Down with physical things!!!!!"  "Down with physical things!!!!"  Not the greatest or catchiest chant, but one we can all get behind.  Think about it...my wife would abso-f'ing-lutely love it if there were no more "physical things" that I brought/bought into the house.  The joy at not seeing another poster tube sitting on the front porch...another flat square box that I am pretty sure she has figured out is another album-although I have tried to tell her that I am collecting kitchen trivets (is that how that is spelled?) to protect the marble (is that what it is?) from getting burned by hot pots.  There would likely be more "physical things" happening between us if fewer "physical things" showed up at the doorstep....

With that said-digital posters suck.....