Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I almost never listen to BC. I am now. Thanks gents. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Anyone else reading Steve’s book? I’m enjoying it

On another note, there is chatter of a possible reunion of him and the brothers. 
    Ill believe that when I see it though. Seems hard to picture that now with this book out but it is the Black crowes after all.
    Steve was really wanting to do the 25th anniversary for the fans so ... 
  • vedder6vedder6 Posts: 86
    I am a huge Crowes and Chris Robinson Brotherhood fan.   After reading the book, I texted Gorman saying how can I ever listen or look at Chris again.  He’s really a piece of shit.   Gorman said music is music and people are people.  Shit happens.  I told him maybe the sky will turn purple and there will be another reunion.   Great book.  Crazy stories.  Amazing band.  
    47 shows and counting.
    ^^
    its true.
    while I don’t care for the CR additiude and way of life as he’s portrayed in the book.
    ill continue to listen because the music is the music.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited October 2019
    Anyone else reading Steve’s book? I’m enjoying it

On another note, there is chatter of a possible reunion of him and the brothers. 
    Ill believe that when I see it though. Seems hard to picture that now with this book out but it is the Black crowes after all.
    Steve was really wanting to do the 25th anniversary for the fans so ... 
    That would be so unbelievable it almost seems likely with this group. As much dirt as SG is slinging and he’s condoned, he’s gotta have some internal dysfunction himself and as much as he’s trying to wash his hands of them, there’s some guilt by association. 

^^^
    exactly. Although he says he was close to quitting the band numerous times, He did stick it out with them through everything. 
    So why not now. 
    A lot of hardcore BC fans are against this reunion because nothing will ever beat the old days. 
    I say quite living in the past and I’ll take what I can get. I’m not getting any younger and neither are they.
    ill welcome anything. Especially a group consisting of 
    Chris
    Rick
    Steve
    Marc
    Sven
    Adam 
    I was also surprised to read how smoothly the “Three Snakes” album process was.
    but then they basically cut Johnny out of the band and let Rich record all bass tracks.
    man, if I was the bass player in a band and they had the guitar player record all bass for our 4th album I would be pretty bummed about that.
    unreal. 
    Shane Theriot, at one point musical director on Live From Daryl’s House, is the supposed new lead guitar player. 

Interesting. I know nothing about this cat.

Its too bad Marc Ford is not in included in whatever it is they are planning.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    crowes are probably my #1 band but I’m not sure I want a reunion. if they do it, they better get it right!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Wobbie said:
    crowes are probably my #1 band but I’m not sure I want a reunion. if they do it, they better get it right!

For the longest time, whenever this thread was bumped I was excited that it may be reunion news. Now that it may mean less Magpie Salute, I'm not sure how I feel.

I haven't been able to get into CRB. The albums are just ok to me but I rarely play them more than once, and that makes me wary of what Chris will do with the Crowes. On the other hand TMS are great and I probably play them as much as I play the Crowes.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    I think the combination of Chris and Rich will work. It won’t be like the CRB music. No worries there.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Wobbie said:
    Yeah, I've got mixed feelings on this one too. I think a lot if it hinges on these rumors cropping up right after Steve's book hit shelves, the timing which is probably just coincidental. I'm most likely gonna read it but there's a part of me that wants to remain ignorant to the true depths of TBC's dysfunction. Now that we're hearing rumors I'm a lot less excited about the potential reunion than I expected to be. The Robinson brothers have had several years to work on their dysfunction, while the fan base has to reckon with fresh stories of the dysfunction overlapping with the possibility of a reunion. Time Will Tell :wink:
    jjflash said:
    Wobbie said:
    Yeah, I've got mixed feelings on this one too. I think a lot if it hinges on these rumors cropping up right after Steve's book hit shelves, the timing which is probably just coincidental. I'm most likely gonna read it but there's a part of me that wants to remain ignorant to the true depths of TBC's dysfunction. Now that we're hearing rumors I'm a lot less excited about the potential reunion than I expected to be. The Robinson brothers have had several years to work on their dysfunction, while the fan base has to reckon with fresh stories of the dysfunction overlapping with the possibility of a reunion. Time Will Tell :wink:
    I’d say nearly every band has a large amount of dysfunction and it’s just not often that the raw truth makes it out. Scrolling through my iTunes and i seems like almost every band has had their share.

As long as they’re not doing something horrendously inhuman, jusge the music on its own merit.

I agree with the above.

Reading the book it IS hard not to think, man these guys are pricks.

But they started a band at a young age, had massive success right out the gate and bla bla bla.  

The dirty laundry has been laid out. Unlike many other bands/groups (not named Motley Crue).

I don't have to worry about hanging out with any of them so Ill just enjoy the music and continue on.

I did meet CR before and I found him quite pleasant actually.

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    DewieCox said:
    jjflash said:
    Wobbie said:
    I’d say nearly every band has a large amount of dysfunction and it’s just not often that the raw truth makes it out. Scrolling through my iTunes and i seems like almost every band has had their share.

As long as they’re not doing something horrendously inhuman, jusge the music on its own merit.
    ^^True. The Robinson's acrimonious relationship isn't new news, and has never affected my appreciation for their music. To your point, I don't see why that should change now. My point isn't a judgment of the music but rather commentary on the excitement of (possibly) hearing it on new tires. In the past I've eagerly consumed their albums on release day. If there's a new album, or tour, baking in the oven I'll do the same for it, no doubt, just with a little less fervor. I'd like nothing more than for them to reclaim their spot as one of the best live bands going.

he was probably stoned. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited October 2019
    Wobbie said:

he was probably stoned. :lol:
    I love the Crowes.  Seen them probably 15-20 times and have listened to amorica and southern harmony more times than I could ever count (and I generally like everything they’ve done).  Also love Chris Robinson Brotherhood and have seen them a few  times.  That said, Chris is a spineless asshole and Rich isn’t much better. I’m sure Chris is a nice guy when he talks to his fans, but he’s a misguided fuckstick. But, if the rumors are true, I’m sure I’ll pay good money to see the Crowes again before too long.  
    Post edited by dr122931 on
    New Magpie is pretty good. Curious to hear what they had in mind for the originally planned double album. Could’ve been really solid. 
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    Wobbie said:
    They are my second favorite band and I do not want to see them again with a hodge-podge lineup. 2013 tour was stale enough and I can't imagine how shitty another round would be.
    tusevun said:
    Wobbie said:
    They are my second favorite band and I do not want to see them again with a hodge-podge lineup. 2013 tour was stale enough and I can't imagine how shitty another round would be.

I saw a 2013 show that would probably be in my top 10 of any show, any band, ever.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    Not sure how that is possible to claim the Crowes as your favorite band and make that statement. Unless you started seeing them in 2013. 
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    From what I have been able to gather off rumors it’s just the brothers Robinson and all new people going forward.  Why wouldn’t the Crowes from Magpie be in the reincarnation?   
    edited October 2019
    dr122931 said:
    From what I have been able to gather off rumors it’s just the brothers Robinson and all new people going forward.  Why wouldn’t the Crowes from Magpie be in the reincarnation?   
    I’d bet there was a no Chris or Rich guys stipulation. 

Had everybody heard High Water 2? Let me know if you need pointed in the right direction.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
    I passed on the HWII leak. I’m waiting for my vinyl to come.
    thanks for offering tho
    tusevun said:
    Not sure how that is possible to claim the Crowes as your favorite band and make that statement. Unless you started seeing them in 2013. 

no, I first saw them in 1993. the 2013 show was as good as any other I saw.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I have some of the 2013 BC roadshows (boots) and they are quite good. I agree with the above statement and I’m not just a casual fan.
    re: the reunion...

I read (to paraphrase) “neither one wants to do it. they’re doing it out of necessity.” WTF? are they broke? sounds like a bad reason to get back together.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Wobbie said:
    tusevun said:

Yeah, I'm with you. 2010 shows with the acoustic/electric sets were the best I'd seen them but I enjoyed the hell out of 2013.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    pjl44 said:
    Wobbie said:
    tusevun said:

Yeah, I'm with you. 2010 shows with the acoustic/electric sets were the best I'd seen them but I enjoyed the hell out of 2013.
    Yes!! Those 2010 shows were unbelievable!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....