2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    I'd take a 3 arena show. But an Aviva gig would be super awesome.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748

If the album is May 2020 then that may not look good for Australia in early 2020.  Would be awesome to go to Australia in November/December though.  

They will absolutely not skip the U.S. election cycle, so summer Europe and then fall U.S. would likely follow.  Would they have enough energy to do Australia/NZ in November/December?

They did South America in 2013 before Lightning Bolt.

Could Australia happen twice in the next 2-5 years? Once in a few months and later on with the new songs?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    It’ll be Billy Joel. It’s always Billy Joel. 
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    ed243421 said:

Kearnsy
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    edited October 2019
    Eagles playing Hotel California. But probably Billy Joel.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    kaw753 said:
    Eagles playing Hotel California. But probably Billy Joel.
    Is there more dates expected of the Eagles or is what was out now it?
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    edited October 2019
    Maybe Jay Z and Justin Timberlake/Snoop Dog joint show?
  • cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,460
    The line up of Lollapalooza in South America will be released in October 10th.... around the same time of usually is released the 10c newsletter.

seems we have a South America Tour 2019 !!

First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Aren't all Snoop Dogg shows joint shows?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Aren't all Snoop Dogg shows joint shows?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sybf63Voxxc
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    cardoso said:
    The line up of Lollapalooza in South America will be released in October 10th.... around the same time of usually is released the 10c newsletter.

This is clearly 100% on the mark.
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Maybe Backspacer part 2 is coming out. All PJ social media’s lately  won’t shut up about Backspacer! lol
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
    DSTRUB said:
    Maybe Backspacer part 2 is coming out. All PJ social media’s lately  won’t shut up about Backspacer! lol
    If something's wrrrrooonnnngggg, gotta put an unpaid intern on it.
  • just popped in to clarify in no uncertain terms that there is no chance in the world that DMB could sell out a stadium, particularly not one in indiana.  they're playing 5,000 seaters in pensacola now.  stadiums are a thing of the distant past.
    just popped in to clarify in no uncertain terms that there is no chance in the world that DMB could sell out a stadium, particularly not one in indiana.  they're playing 5,000 seaters in pensacola now.  stadiums are a thing of the distant past.
    Ya I hear ya. Only a handful of groups out there could sell that out and Pearl Jam isn't even one of them. 
    just popped in to clarify in no uncertain terms that there is no chance in the world that DMB could sell out a stadium, particularly not one in indiana.  they're playing 5,000 seaters in pensacola now.  stadiums are a thing of the distant past.
    well to be fair, DMB plays the Gorge every Labor Day weekend and usually sells out or near sells out all three days, which is close to 90K total for the 3 days, so they still are a draw in certain markets, although I don't know about Indiana.  I think they'd draw well there, though especially with college kids.
    cardoso said:

A report from the Brazilian outlet of Portuguese newspaper Destak names Guns N' Roses and The Strokes as the Lollapalooza Brazil headliners. Additionally, Billie Eilish and Charli XCX will reportedly play the festival. 
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    well to be fair, DMB plays the Gorge every Labor Day weekend and usually sells out or near sells out all three days, which is close to 90K total for the 3 days, so they still are a draw in certain markets, although I don't know about Indiana.  I think they'd draw well there, though especially with college kids.
    2018 numbers below for DMB at the Gorge, and 95% of people go to all three, so really, about 20,000 individuals going to those 3 shows (self included :) )

64,437 / 66,882
    $2,922,471 for all 3 shows.
    Apparently none of them were sold out. But only 2,400 unsold tickets over 3 nights is pretty good.
    edited October 2019
    dmbolp said:
    2018 numbers below for DMB at the Gorge, and 95% of people go to all three, so really, about 20,000 individuals going to those 3 shows (self included :) )

64,437 / 66,882
    Apparently none of them were sold out. But only 2,400 unsold tickets over 3 nights is pretty good.
    LOL, oh I am certain that many go for the three days but there are others who go for one or two and not the three, but I'd agree it's definitely not a unique audience each night.  It's a definite destination at some point for me and I would like to camp, but the wife insists we'd have to do the cabanas with amenities and not actual camping.  Is the wildlife at night bad with scorpions, snakes and stuff?  That would be my luck with the tents if I camped.
    If they were playing SA Lolla shows we would have hints by now. If they were doing Australia in Jan 2020 we would know by now too. 
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    dmbolp said:

64,437 / 66,882
    LOL, oh I am certain that many go for the three days but there are others who go for one or two and not the three, but I'd agree it's definitely not a unique audience each night.  It's a definite destination at some point for me and I would like to camp, but the wife insists we'd have to do the cabanas with amenities and not actual camping.  Is the wildlife at night bad with scorpions, snakes and stuff?  That would be my luck with the tents if I camped.
    Wife and I aren't campers, we've camped every even year since 2006, and she doesn't even like DMB!! :)
  • I am really hoping for a 2020 tour in the US! I saw PJ in Seattle and Chicago in 2018. Best concerts I’ve ever been to, and I have been at a handful of some pretty awesome concerts. I also rarely go to concerts as I am handicapped and it is usually difficult and physically challenging. PJ did a great job with the handicap section at the concerts I went to.
    I hope this doesn’t sound too greedy, but I would so love to see them at least one more time. I have some seriously stupid rare, non-curable diseases that are trying hard to take me down. It’s getting pretty hard to travel so I probably won’t be able to go outside the US. I am not sure if I will even be able to travel much longer, but it would certainly give me motivation to try and stay strong enough to make it! I am in Denver, so if that rumor of playing here is true, that would really be amazing! 
    One of my greatest pleasures in life is music. I listen to PJ and many of the others from the Seattle bands while having treatments or just hanging on the couch with my dogs. They have been amazing company (dogs and PJ) for me and have helped me cope with my daily life in many ways. I can lose myself in music and forget my problems for awhile!!!!!!!! 

Fingers crossed for a tour in 2020. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    dmbolp said:
    dmbolp said:

64,437 / 66,882
    Wife and I aren't campers, we've camped every even year since 2006, and she doesn't even like DMB!! :)
    If you’ve camped every other year since 2006, you’re probably campers. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Holding out hope for a Jazz Fest appearance this year.  Would love a proper arena show in N.O., but They have been on a solid run through the city and its festivals since 2010. (2010 Jazz Fest, 2013 Voodoo, 2016 Jazz). I spring US tour would line up well with that.  Kicker is line up isn't announced till January. 
  • dmbolp said:

64,437 / 66,882
    The Gorge is camping with amenities.  I have camped at the venue, Regular and Premier, and at Wildhorse Campground.  There are different levels of camping depending on needs, but mainly for spectacular views.  Each level has showers, but differ in quality.  Wildhorse is just a chill fest.  There is a grill going all day to order food, coffee, and open air showers that are awesome.  There are no snakes, scorpions, and stuff to be worried about.  I'd be more concerned with the cabanas and yurts (Cave B Winery) because things have been able to build a home in there.  At least your tent will be creature free.  My advice is camp away from the "Honeybuckets", a.k.a. port-a-potties, just so you don't hear the doors slamming shut all day and night.
    dmbolp said:

64,437 / 66,882
    The Gorge is camping with amenities.  I have camped at the venue, Regular and Premier, and at Wildhorse Campground.  There are different levels of camping depending on needs, but mainly for spectacular views.  Each level has showers, but differ in quality.  Wildhorse is just a chill fest.  There is a grill going all day to order food, coffee, and open air showers that are awesome.  There are no snakes, scorpions, and stuff to be worried about.  I'd be more concerned with the cabanas and yurts (Cave B Winery) because things have been able to build a home in there.  At least your tent will be creature free.  My advice is camp away from the "Honeybuckets", a.k.a. port-a-potties, just so you don't hear the doors slamming shut all day and night.
    LordsaLeaping, thanks very much for the info and suggestions.  Great point on the port-a-potties.  If you camp, is it first come first serve or are you actually appointed a certain spot where you put your tent?  Kinda like lawn seats at a venue where the first person to get there picks out there spot and puts there blanket down.  If you get there early enough, do you just pick your spot and pop the tent up or is it more structured than that?  Thanks.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Oops wrong thread
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    The problem with camping at the Gorge has always been the heat.  If the show is in the mid summer it's pretty hard to get a good nights sleep.

We usually get a hotel room with A/C in one of the towns outside the Gorge.  I think it's Moses Lake to East and Ellensburg to the West.  I only ever camped at the gorge for one Lollapalooza.  That was enough :)
  • at night? heat? it's a desert, even in the very hottest parts of the year it's in the 50s at night.  maybe just caught a bad weekend.