Sloan

Comments

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    Tell Sloan I said what up
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    k, "hi from curb your enthusiasm pearl jam guy" should do it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    I have some Sloan stuff, not sure if I've got what you're looking for. I'll take a look when I get a chance over the next few days, been a busy week.
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:
    I have some Sloan stuff, not sure if I've got what you're looking for. I'll take a look when I get a chance over the next few days, been a busy week.
    thanks dude! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Not a big fan of the last few albums, but the double cross album was good. 
    I find most of their albums have a few good songs and a lot of mediocre filler. 
    Navey Blues was good 
    and 
    one chord to another 
    deluxe box set for Navy Blues is up. 

https://shop.kt8merch.com/products/sloan-navy-blues-deluxe-vinyl-box-set

if only PJ put out box sets like these. holy crap look at all that musical content. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

deluxe box set for Navy Blues is up. 

https://shop.kt8merch.com/products/sloan-navy-blues-deluxe-vinyl-box-set

if only PJ put out box sets like these. holy crap look at all that musical content. 
    Just saw the email for that. I'm tempted to pull the trigger
    I am wired and fading...
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I remember watching Much Music back in the '90s and Sloan was on all the time. Same with OLP for that matter. Best music channel ever. I also liked how they pronounced the van in Nirvana like van down by the river. Not sure if that's a Canadian dialect or not.
    This was an album for me in the 90’s. Love it. Box set is pricy though and in US funds. Not sure I’ll bite on this one. The CD will have to do.
    😂 6 minutes later I bite the bullet and order it. Wow will power 
    i bit the bullet and bought it. it's all too juicy to not. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I saw the Tea Party EP pre order up before I bit the bullet on this one but I may come back to it. I really like Navy Blues but my love affair with the Tea Party runs much deeper. I'm really tempted with all the extra tracks
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:
    I saw the Tea Party EP pre order up before I bit the bullet on this one but I may come back to it. I really like Navy Blues but my love affair with the Tea Party runs much deeper. I'm really tempted with all the extra tracks
    what is on that tea party EP? is it just Black River with the two previously released remixes?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

RoeDawg13 said:
    what is on that tea party EP? is it just Black River with the two previously released remixes?
    Black River and Way Way Down are on it with 4 other not yet revealed tracks. I don't think it'll be the remixes, they said it'd be new stuff.
    I am wired and fading...
    To get back to Sloan, new group with Chris Murphy in it.

Anyway Gang is a Canadian indie rock supergroup featuring Chris Murphy of Sloan, Dave Monks of Tokyo Police Club, Menno Versteeg of Hollerado and singer-songwriter Sam Roberts. “Last summer I got together with a few of my tour buds who also happen to be some of my favourite songwriters,” said Menno. “We mostly made dad jokes but we also jammed on a bunch of 3 chord songs we all had lying around. We recorded a bunch of stuff in a few days and over the year we’d add some ideas here and there and all of a sudden a year had passed and we realized we had kinda an album so we said let’s name ourselves the first thing we thought of and release these.”

Read More: Anyway Gang (mem Sloan, Tokyo Police Club, Hollerado) announce debut LP – watch “Big Night” video | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/anyway-gang-mem-sloan-tokyo-police-club-hollerado-announce-debut-lp-watch-big-night-video/?trackback=tsmclip

I am wired and fading...
    got my navy blues box set today. beautifully done. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

RoeDawg13 said:
    To get back to Sloan, new group with Chris Murphy in it.

Anyway Gang is a Canadian indie rock supergroup featuring Chris Murphy of Sloan, Dave Monks of Tokyo Police Club, Menno Versteeg of Hollerado and singer-songwriter Sam Roberts. “Last summer I got together with a few of my tour buds who also happen to be some of my favourite songwriters,” said Menno. “We mostly made dad jokes but we also jammed on a bunch of 3 chord songs we all had lying around. We recorded a bunch of stuff in a few days and over the year we’d add some ideas here and there and all of a sudden a year had passed and we realized we had kinda an album so we said let’s name ourselves the first thing we thought of and release these.”

Read More: Anyway Gang (mem Sloan, Tokyo Police Club, Hollerado) announce debut LP – watch “Big Night” video | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/anyway-gang-mem-sloan-tokyo-police-club-hollerado-announce-debut-lp-watch-big-night-video/?trackback=tsmclip

dig it. that video is awesome. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I am thinking that Santa may just have to leave that under the tree for me...
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:

I am thinking that Santa may just have to leave that under the tree for me...
    it really is awesome. 3 lp's. one original. one outtakes. one demos. two 7 inch records with two unreleased tracks each. a full 32 or so page soft cover book. a poster. 

pearl jam, take note. this is how your box sets should have been. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I got my Navy Blues box too. Haven't opened it yet though. Looks great all sealed up anyway. =)
    Just ordered, hoping it sounds good and the outtakes are worth the listen.
    I am wired and fading...
    the demos are pretty rough. if any of you weirdos don't want to open your box, let me know and I'll wetransfer you the mp3's (my flac download crapped out-not sure if you are allowed to try it again). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

SHOW TONIGHT WITH MY POPS!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

So I see they now have done a regular vinyl issue of Navy Blues. Minus the box set and extras.
    too bad they didn’t release this one first. Oh well, I’ll keep my box set sealed then and bank on a huge cash settlement for it later. 
    The new one is a gatefold too so that great!!
    yeah, that was kind of shitty of them to do. 

in the book that came with the box set, chris murphy totally threw shade at the watchmen. explained at some festival the watchmen refused to play before sloan (possible, of course, likely, not so much). kind of cowardly, in my mind, to bury that in a book where he knows watchmen likely won't see it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hmmm Interesting.

Most Canadian Bands all like and respect each other. They were like a movement at the time.

Rare that you ever hear a negative comment from one about another.

hmmm Interesting.

Most Canadian Bands all like and respect each other. They were like a movement at the time.

yeah, i was pretty shocked when I read it, especially since I know (sort of) the WM guys. They are all super humble awesome dudes. doesn't sound like them at all. Maybe it was their management or something and the WM didn't know about it. who knows. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hmmm Interesting.

except for every matt good interview in the 90's. LOL

And when Jeff Martin made some comment about the Hip and how the Tea Party were bigger in every other part of the world than they were. now they play Bobcaygeon. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The rare vinyl of “Never hear the end of it” album surfaced on their web store over the past coulpe days.
    sold out now.must have been some “found stock”. 
    I grabbed one 
    why is it so rare?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD