Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Sloan

13»

Comments

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,293
    why is it so rare?
    Well the album was released in 2006, before the big vinyl comeback so limited amounts were pressed. 
    I know lots of people have been wanting a copy with little luck finding one.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 23,928
    Chris Murphy is playing an online solo show on Sept 13. 

Chris Murphy here. I am a fan of ensembles. Whether it’s The Beatles or SCTV. I have played for almost 30 years in Sloan and in recent years, a few other projects - TUNS, Trans-Canada Highwaymen and Anyway Gang. All are ensembles. 

I am going to play a show by myself. It gives me a chance to play some songs that haven’t been played live in years, tell stories and interact with people without someone counting in the next song in hopes that I won’t. 

BUY TICKETS
    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 23,928
    the show yesterday was great. solo acoustic, first time he's ever done that. it was about 80 minutes, and he took questions from some fans in between; really cool vibe. he's going to be doing 3 more over the next few months, no repeats, so he's doing some hits, but also a lot of deep cuts since he knows the people buying in are big fans and love that stuff. 

such a great idea. would love to see (I know ed won't) but maybe Jeff or Stone doing it would be really cool. 
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
    Anyone looking for some Sloan vinyl? I have a some I’m willing to sell.
  • toolietoolie Posts: 284
    Send me a list and prices! You in Canada? 
    toolie said:
    Send me a list and prices! You in Canada? 
    @toolie
    yes I’m in Canada
    ive got ...
    the double cross
    Commonwealth 
    All are basically like new. I’d do the whole lot for $60 plus ship
    fun fact. I was delving into the rarities/b-sides world of weezer, and found out that a song credited to weezer is actually Rivers on vocals, and 3 guys from Sloan as his backing band. 

https://www.weezerpedia.com/wiki/I_Woke_Up_in_Love_This_Morning
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
    first of a series of vinyl releases for the previously digital-only B Sides collection. this one is 1992-1997. limited to 1200 copies. 

https://shop.kt8merch.com/products/sloan-b-sides
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
    @1ThoughtKnown this might interest you. 
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
    I really wish I could continue to justify these purchases. But with shipping, $49 for a single record. Something I've bought digitally twice already (computer crash). And the whole set will likely be four installments. $200 for 4 records whose music I already own. 

Nope. can't do it. 
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
    Ya I got the email from Sloan on this. Thought about it for a second but decided against it.
    im trying to thin out my collection some and need to just stop. 

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 2,765
    edited November 18
    Thanks HFD! 
    I just may plunge into this one... 

EDIT - I didn’t read all the posts. $46 after shipping... I’m going to pass. If I saw it in a shop for $30 I’d grab it for sure 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    Ya I got the email from Sloan on this. Thought about it for a second but decided against it.
    im trying to thin out my collection some and need to just stop. 

i don't have even a fraction of what some people on this board have and I've already started to pump the brakes. LOL
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • toolietoolie Posts: 284
    Thanks for the heads up on this but I'm in the same boat, $50 for a record would give my wife too many reasons to come at me. And I'm trying to rationalize a King Buffalo test pressing that comes out on Friday. It's gonna be closer to $100 CDN with shipping but limited to 25 copies, signed by the band etc.
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 203
    Thanks for the heads up, might have to hold off for now though. It's a bit steep for what it is just before the holidays
    I am wired and fading...