New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    He did. Two of the most fun nights I have ever had but You can’t have it both ways. Eli Manning has been a really good qb on some amazing teams and he has been a pretty shitty qb on some horrendous teams. He has both benefited and been hurt by the team around him. 
    He's been better than given credit. Like I've said earlier he could be 150-82 if he had good defenses and special teams
    Whhhhhooooo cares? He won two super bowl mvps. He’s going to the hall of fame. You (and me) enjoyed his career. What else is there?
    If he had that record. We would not be arguing whether his career is over or if he sucked.
    Who is arguing that he sucked? What record?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    He did. Two of the most fun nights I have ever had but You can’t have it both ways. Eli Manning has been a really good qb on some amazing teams and he has been a pretty shitty qb on some horrendous teams. He has both benefited and been hurt by the team around him. 
    He's been better than given credit. Like I've said earlier he could be 150-82 if he had good defenses and special teams
    Whhhhhooooo cares? He won two super bowl mvps. He’s going to the hall of fame. You (and me) enjoyed his career. What else is there?
    If he had that record. We would not be arguing whether his career is over or if he sucked.
    If he had a 150-82 record instead of a 116-116. He got blamed for the losses. The wins, it's always he was benefited from other players. I'm talking about the overall football fan universe. If he had the same numbers but had that record. Things obviously would be different. I'm not he hasn't had bad games. But we usually lost those games. He can have great games and it's 50-50 if the Giants win.
    I miss igotid88
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2019
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    If he had a 150-82 record instead of a 116-116. He got blamed for the losses. The wins, it's always he was benefited from other players. I'm talking about the overall football fan universe. If he had the same numbers but had that record. Things obviously would be different. I'm not he hasn't had bad games. But we usually lost those games. He can have great games and it's 50-50 if the Giants win.
    I really wish that Eli could have played his final years as a QB with a decent team.  He has has had his ups & down but he was playing very well last year & this year.  He never a diva,  never blamed anyone else, & he has been healthy for his whole  career.

I think the kid did good,  I know the 'mobile  QB' is popular now,  but I bet this generation of QB's will have shorter careers.  If you're being your own wide receiver, you have a much higher injury risk.  QB's get knocked down enough.  

I don't particularly like the QB running for downs & TD's on a regular basis. Every now & then,  it's great,  but not every game. It's not his job. 

I didn't enjoy this win like I normally do.  I didn't enjoy the game as much.  I still don't like the decision.  It's my opinion that there was a classier way to introduce Jones.  Interesting to see how he'll do against a division rival,  or Brady. Eli was giving him advice throughout the game & all week.  He is more forgiving than me. But he's a team player,  too bad that team doesn't think he was due a classier transition. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
    Mayfield spoke too soon
    I miss igotid88
    Eli giving Jones his 4th quarter mojo

I miss igotid88
    Barkley likely out 4-8 weeks
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    An overall pretty good qb who magically turned into the most clutch qb in post season history....twice. Just be happy with that and don't try and make him out to be something he wasn't. The win loss record is pretty appropriate. 

I'm really going to miss him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    An overall pretty good qb who magically turned into the most clutch qb in post season history....twice. Just be happy with that and don't try and make him out to be something he wasn't. The win loss record is pretty appropriate. 

W-L record is not indicative of how well he played. If Tampa makes the field goal. Does that take away from the game Jones had? 
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

W-L record is not indicative of how well he played. If Tampa makes the field goal. Does that take away from the game Jones had? 
    Yeah but it’s appropriate 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hard to tell if the defense is doing great or if the Skins suck. But they're doing what they need to do against a weak offense. They wouldn't do this the first 2 weeks
    I miss igotid88
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Nice start.  Got to beat the bad teams. The next two weeks will be telling. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited September 2019
    The 2 interceptions haven't hurt us
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Our running game is good today.
    I miss igotid88
    Interception for the touchdown
    I miss igotid88
    2-2
    I miss igotid88
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    igotid88 said:
    2-2
    Hells yeah
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    I miss igotid88
    These last wins were expected. Can't make the same mistakes we made today against a good team. Defense did what it was supposed to against a bad offense.
    I miss igotid88
    Saquon might be back sooner than expected
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    igotid88 said:
    Saquon might be back sooner than expected
    So dumb
    He's practicing this week.  I agree that its ridiculous. A normal person is off their ankle for longer than a week. No way you could or should perform the next week. No way.

Great way to see a heart breaking career ending  Cruz moment for Barkley. 

Go sit in the whirlpool for at least 3 more weeks.  At least. If this is a Shumer call then he cares about winning more than his players. Bad coaching strategy. 
    I know nothing about this Golden Tate dude except he takes prohibited drugs & screws his team for 4 games.  😁
    Could have been worse. If the defense had been this good the first 2 weeks. We'd be 4-0 and no qb change
    I miss igotid88
    The offense is a mess. Time to bring in the back up qb. 🤗

Jones isn't looking so cool under pressure anymore. The commentators really annoy me.

He just threw a ball & someone caught it & he's amazing. It's a bit annoying.

Next week is gonna be awful. Our days of beating the Pat's have been benched.
    The new rules &  constant flags are out of control. IMO.
    edited October 2019
    This game was the real test. Facing a team that can move the ball and a really good defense. Giving up 28 is not great. But it could have been worse. Knew the offense would struggle.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    This game was the real test. Facing a team that can move the ball and a really good defense. Giving up 28 is not great. But it could have been worse. Knew the offense would struggle.
    Jones is going to be sore as hell tonight, tomorrow....he went down a lot. We play Patriots Thursday night so 2 less days of prep/recovery.

Gallman went out after 1st quarter, concussion I think. Not sure if he's playing Thursday.
    edited October 2019
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I can't tell if you are being honest or snarky. Hmmm...Magic 8 Ball says snarky.....

I miss him already, ready, ready, hey, I miss him Sundays....😥
    Post edited by njnancy on
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    Jones is going to be sore as hell tonight, tomorrow....he went down a lot. We play Patriots Thursday night so 2 less days of prep/recovery.

Gallman went out after 1st quarter, concussion I think. Not sure if he's playing Thursday.
    I don't believe you can play the week after a concussion
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    igotid88 said:
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:

I don't believe you can play the week after a concussion
    Josh Allen played today after being concussed last week, but doing on a Thursday game is unlikely.
    This weekend we rock Portland