#PJLP11 | Breaking news: Pearl Jam are in studio working on a new album

Comments

• DewieCox said:
    JDime20 said:
    DewieCox said:
    90% of their non single album tracks, b-sides and covers are worthless drivel...same song structures and melodic content but without then hooks. So many butchered covers.

They used to push the 2 or 3 decent songs per album and that was fine, but the last two haven’t even had that. 

They do have a nice catalog for a hits set.

Somehow they topped PJ20 for most generic band documentary with Back and Forth

If Foo has been better than PJ the last 10 years I’m assuming we’re discussing something besides music. 
    The great thing about art is that it’s subjective. What you are speaking is opinion, not fact. I love Foo Fighters, but I’m not going to post about it 10 times and beat it to death. 

Listen to some interviews with the one who's still alive. He's amazing and got a great attitude towards it all. Cool cat.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Holy shit dude.  Someone put this thread out of its misery lol

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Smellyman said:

I know, a topic about a band where its fans pretend to be active. Silly fans.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Smellyman said:

Eddie now has only one leg?!?
    Phantom pain....in my brain....
  • I've never been a fan of bands group-bowing at the end of shows.

never thought about it before. But I think I always disliked it.

A hand wave and a quick exit. Don't drag out the exit. Just leave. Drop-the-mic style. Rockbands need to be a bit more shitty towards the crowd in general. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2019
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I've never been a fan of bands group-bowing at the end of shows.

A hand wave and a quick exit. Don't drag out the exit. Just leave. Drop-the-mic style. Rockbands need to be a bit more shitty towards the crowd in general. 

Reminds me that Johnny Ramone always hated that Joey would hang out with the crowd before shows.  His thought was “make them think we’re doing something way cooler backstage”
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782

Hahaha.  At one of the Mars Volta shows I went to they played over 2 hours.  Cedric didn’t say a single word to the crowd other than shouting Thank You at the very end right before slamming down the mic and walking off the stage.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Deadman said:

Hahaha.  At one of the Mars Volta shows I went to they played over 2 hours.  Cedric didn’t say a single word to the crowd other than shouting Thank You at the very end right before slamming down the mic and walking off the stage.
    On reflection I used like how Ed rarely said anything. It added some mystique. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited October 2019
    Deadman said:

Agreed.  IMO eddie talks wayyyy too much at shows now.  And I agree with spiritual, I hate the band bowing at the end of the show.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    Deadman said:

Agreed.  IMO eddie talks wayyyy too much at shows now.  And I agree with spiritual, I hate the band bowing at the end of the show.  
    I was at St Paul 2014. 22 minute speech about ED. good cause, but terrible for the show. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    The strokes are gas. And neil young.  Not a word. They both do their thing and gone. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    edited October 2019
    in case the may 2020 rumour for the album ist true..when should we expect the first tiny official hint?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    in case the may 2020 rumour for the album ist true..when should we expect the first tiny official hint?
    Tuesday the 10th
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    If they ARE playing Europe this summer than they would announce a tour in October/ November.  If they are playing NA is the spring, an announcement should come in December/ January.  Usually rumours start appearing a couple of weeks prior . My question is.......Would they announce an album and tour at the same time?  If so, have they ever announced an album 6 months before its release  which is what would happen if they announced it with a possible European tour. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Tuesday the 10th
    is that tomorrow?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Tuesday the 10th
    This joke has a very long beard
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    D-Rod said:
    If they ARE playing Europe this summer than they would announce a tour in October/ November.  If they are playing NA is the spring, an announcement should come in December/ January.  Usually rumours start appearing a couple of weeks prior . My question is.......Would they announce an album and tour at the same time?  If so, have they ever announced an album 6 months before its release  which is what would happen if they announced it with a possible European tour. 

Somebody put the dates to it either in this thread or the 2020 rumors, but if memory serves, Wrigley 2013 was announced in January, Lightning Bolt came out after Wrigley, before fall 2013 tour (Sept/Oct). remember the clock but not the exact timing.
    wbutler29 said:
    D-Rod said:

Somebody put the dates to it either in this thread or the 2020 rumors, but if memory serves, Wrigley 2013 was announced in January, Lightning Bolt came out after Wrigley, before fall 2013 tour (Sept/Oct). remember the clock but not the exact timing.
    Wrigley and London 2013 were not considered part the Lighning Bolt tour.  Same for the 3 South American shows in March 2013.   The countdown clock started on July 1st ( Canada Day) 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    Deadman said:

I was at St Paul 2014. 22 minute speech about ED. good cause, but terrible for the show. 
    Even worse on the bootleg. At least at the show we got the entertainment of him giving the doctor a "tour" of the stage.  You could definitely tell the band was getting antsy, though.  They were trying to segue into a song for about the last 5 minutes of the ordeal. Basically the whole time the doc was speaking, because EV took so long.
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    D-Rod said:
    wbutler29 said:
    D-Rod said:

Wrigley and London 2013 were not considered part the Lighning Bolt tour.  Same for the 3 South American shows in March 2013.   The countdown clock started on July 1st ( Canada Day) 

Thanks D . . . so album dropped in July, tour in October.10 Club drawing in August of 2013 Fall tour.  Drawing in Jan 16 for US tour in early April which included announcement of stadium shows, but they were not in the 1st lottery.  Best cases album drop in fall/winter, spring announcement in Jan
    wbutler29 said:
    D-Rod said:
    wbutler29 said:
    D-Rod said:

Thanks D . . . so album dropped in July, tour in October.10 Club drawing in August of 2013 Fall tour.  Drawing in Jan 16 for US tour in early April which included announcement of stadium shows, but they were not in the 1st lottery.  Best cases album drop in fall/winter, spring announcement in Jan
    Close, album was announced in July but wasn’t released until October 13th.  Everything else is on point. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    2014 was the last fall tour and we knew in January 2013 that something big was happening tour wise aside from the Wrigley/London shows. They told us when they announced those two shows to stay tuned for more. I want them to tour in the fall again but the trend just does not show it happening. Also as I mentioned before. Europe and NA on an album year is not going to happen imo. 2013 had 30 shows and that was a lot for these guys. No way they add a full Europe tour to that 7 years later. These guys are cutting back not adding to how much they are playing. 
    As soon as the website is down for a short period of time or having ‘maintenance’ work done, then we’ll know something is happening. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    As soon as the website is down for a short period of time or having ‘maintenance’ work done, then we’ll know something is happening. 
    Last year was great when we were getting bits and pieces from the Home/Away pages being updated unintentionally. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I like it when Eddie talks and tells stories at shows.   That was some of my favorite parts of the Wrigley '16 shows.  I actually find it to be a detractor when bands have no banter, or it's canned banter that's the same at ever show.  Don't really mind the bowing either.   I guess it's because my parents were heavy into musiscals/theatre and they always bow at the end.
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Ed does it to catch his breath. I don’t mind the banter as long as it doesn’t cut down on songs. 
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Zod said:
    I like it when Eddie talks and tells stories at shows.   That was some of my favorite parts of the Wrigley '16 shows.  I actually find it to be a detractor when bands have no banter, or it's canned banter that's the same at ever show.  Don't really mind the bowing either.   I guess it's because my parents were heavy into musiscals/theatre and they always bow at the end.
    Generally it's fine, especially political. Facilitating marriage proposals I could do without 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    eboweddie said:
    The strokes are gas. And neil young.  Not a word. They both do their thing and gone. 
    Jack White when he’s in the right/wrong mood. 
    Got a feeling that this album might be some kind of rock opera a la Tommy.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14