New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited September 2019
    Lol the giants way of doing things has turned them into the Mets 
    It's really hard to grasp what management is trying to accomplish. They defy all logic.
    They need a quarterback- what do they do? Draft a running back in the best quarterback class in years. (I love Barkley but no NFL team has won a Superbowl with the league's leading rusher since the '86 Bears.)
    They need a linebacker- what do they do? Draft a quarterback in the best linebacker class in years.
    They have one of the most exciting receivers in the league- what do they do? Trade him for practically no parallel compensation.
    They say Jones is going to learn under Eli- what do they do? Start him in game 3 as if Eli is the problem with this team. 
    The Giants are on the verge of an entire decade of mediocrity. 
    The last two Superbowl wins proved that a great defense is better than a great offense. Current situation? Useless. 
    I'm fine with rebuilding. Maybe these DB's will develop into solid players. Grab a blue chip linebacker next draft. Focus on building a playoff team in 3 years. I think Jones has potential, but given that everything this management does seems to be the opposite of sense, my gut tells me this a bad move.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I thought the bills were insane dumb for trotting allen out there in front of a bad team... but it turned out for the better.  Same with darnold, mono aside.  Get development going during a lean year.  Maybe get a good season or 2 out of the rookie contract before $$$.  Also, management knows if they need to draft another QB sooner

That Barkley pick was dumb though.  Either go QB or trade back and get a ransom.  Nobody builds around a RB, and their usefulness is so brief.

• MayDay10 said:
    I thought the bills were insane dumb for trotting allen out there in front of a bad team... but it turned out for the better.  Same with darnold, mono aside.  Get development going during a lean year.  Maybe get a good season or 2 out of the rookie contract before $$$.  Also, management knows if they need to draft another QB sooner

That Barkley pick was dumb though.  Either go QB or trade back and get a ransom.  Nobody builds around a RB, and their usefulness is so brief.

Barkley is a once in a lifetime pick.  He will be good for the Giants for quite a few years, good head on his shoulders and they made him a captain already so that tells you something about his presence in the locker room.

Someone mentioned above about "what are Giants' management thinking?"  Chris Canti is on espn radio here in NY everyday and he says the same thing, everyday...  He is shocked at what the front office is doing and how they are constantly mishandling things.

The Steelers looked that way for a second but AB has proved everyone right.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    I see Eli's benching fixed the defense. Not
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    my fantasy opponent has jameis winston and you fuckers are making him look like tom fucking brady :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Wobbie said:
    my fantasy opponent has jameis winston and you fuckers are making him look like tom fucking brady :angry:
    I am a lowly (pissed off) fan,  I think. 

I am not responsible for managerial misconduct. 🤬

That's not good Barkley being helped off the field
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    igotid88 said:
    This year is irrelevant. Sit him the rest of the season lol 
    Jenkins talking shit last week and getting smoked all game 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    igotid88 said:
    Ankle, questionable return.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    igotid88 said:
    They should make him questionable for the season 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Hi! said:
    igotid88 said:
    They should make him questionable for the season 
    I hear ya, but for my FF team I’m hoping not, lol.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

This game looks to be out of reach. You think they bring in future Hall of Famer Eli Manning in?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    This game looks to be out of reach. You think they bring in future Hall of Famer Eli Manning in?
    Hahah. You are nothing if not persistent. 
    Pissed cause they threw away Eli's possible final season early. There are ways they could get Daniel into games. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Pissed cause they threw away Eli's possible final season early. There are ways they could get Daniel into games. 
    Jones development is so much more important than nostalgia 
    Good catch and run by Engram for the touchdown. Defense has to step up
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    He would be fine with 2 starts at the end of the season. And he'll get the whole preseason with the starters
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    He would be fine with 2 starts at the end of the season. And he'll get the whole preseason with the starters
    But why? Why not get him as much time as possible? He looks like a better qb than Eli today alone 
    Danny fucking dimes!!
    Thanks to the catch and rum from Engram
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    But why? Why not get him as much time as possible? He looks like a better qb than Eli today alone 
    I believe Eli would have had a great game today. It's why Jones was brought in this week and not against the Vikings or Patriots
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I believe Eli would have had a great game today. It's why Jones was brought in this week and not against the Vikings or Patriots
    But you’re biased and wrong 
    Defense finally didn't allow a score after we scored. Which is something they haven't done the past 2 weeks
    I miss igotid88
    The concentration should be on how Danny Jones looks fucking legit in his first start 
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    But you’re biased and wrong 
    Pretty sure that was the feeling when it happened
    I miss igotid88
    edited September 2019
    Defense finally showing up
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Surprised Winston is not running.
    I miss igotid88
    See what happens when the defense doesn't allow points right after you score? Game is close
    I miss igotid88
    Offensive line breaking down there
    I miss igotid88