Options

Disney Vacations

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Should be a decent time to go to Disney, shouldn't be overly crowded, especially on weekdays.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The month of May cannot get here soon enough. 
    Bring on the Dole Whip's! 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Be sure to hit up Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
    Best thing Disney has done in decades.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Be sure to hit up Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
    Best thing Disney has done in decades.
    Unless there is a sign that says, "People with heart problems should not put their fat asses on this ride", then I will check it out. hahahaha
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    ^ that and Spider-Man Stingers are e ticket rides that you need to book at 7 a.m. sharp that morning. New genie app finstead of fast pass.
  • Options
    Spiderman ride is only in Cali, so Speedy won't get to experience that.
    Yeah, we learned the hard way our first day about booking a reservation on the app for Rise of the Resistance.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Yeah, we learned the hard way our first day about booking a reservation on the app for Rise of the Resistance.
    We were actually in Disney about 18 months ago. We did the Rise of The Resistance. But this will be our 1st time seeing what this Genie App. is all about. My wife and I have been getting a good laugh about which rides I will probably want to stay away from since the heart attack. Its funny yet so very sad. 

I mean, seriously, how many times can one really go on Its A Small World?!?!
  • Options
    I'm hitting up Florida Universal Studios end of April then cruising with Disney in May. Tired of same old Didney rides. We'll both be screaming nearby one another, Speedy!

• Options
    tish said:
    I'm hitting up Florida Universal Studios end of April then cruising with Disney in May. Tired of same old Didney rides. We'll both be screaming nearby one another, Speedy!

Very nice!
    Have you done the cruise thing before?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    We were actually in Disney about 18 months ago. We did the Rise of The Resistance. But this will be our 1st time seeing what this Genie App. is all about. My wife and I have been getting a good laugh about which rides I will probably want to stay away from since the heart attack. Its funny yet so very sad. 

I mean, seriously, how many times can one really go on Its A Small World?!?!
    Ha, I can't stand Small World but my wife always wants to ride it.

Funny Small World story from the past. Went to Disneyworld with my wife's siters family for New Year's 2000. We had just been married for about a year and a half, but her sister is 10 years older, had 3 kids and her brother lives in Miami, so he was there as well.
    We ride Small World, and at the end my brother-in-law asks my nephew (12 years old at the time), "So Mike what do think the point was of that ride?" thinking his response would be "Its a Small World" after we heard these dolls sing it 286,000 times in a 7 minute span.
    Instead, my nephew's response was "It's lame?"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,953
    I wonder if I will ever visit Disney again. We went quite a few times with the kids but I can't imagine navigating that place now.

We had one vacation where we stayed at a Disney resort and hit parks every day. Then another where we stayed off site and hit them every other day.

The best visit we had was a year where we rented a house in Kissimmee that had a pool. We went to Magic Kingdom one day and I think Universal another.  That was a nice vacation. The kids were happy with the pool the off days and we didn't wear ourselves out at the parks.

I have soured on those places (mainly Disney) due to them overselling admission.  It is just fucking miserable to stand in line all fucking day fighting people. Even eating was a fucking hassle.

Of course I'm probably just getting old.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    tish said:

Very nice!
    Damn straight. Mediterranean. Late summer 2019. Next boat has a waterslide aboard!

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Disney's aqua duck ride. Looks fun! 
  • Options
    tish said:
    tish said:

Very nice!
    Damn straight. Mediterranean. Late summer 2019. Next boat has a waterslide aboard!

Very nice!!
    I have never done a cruise. 
    Maybe I will look into it. 
  • Options
    Taught her to play HORSE aboard on the sports deck

"Haiku with a basketball"
    It's a jailhouse game
    Your friend matches your shots
    Spell horse and you lose

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    tish said:
    tish said:

Very nice!

Very nice!!
    I’ve been on 3 cruises, everyone I ended up sick.  Cruises are nasty germ incubators…I’ll never do them again…plus they will bleed you dry if you like to consume some alcohol…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ^Wash your hands between drinks? 
  • Options
    tish said:
    Hehehehe

He paints a pretty picture.

NASTY GERM INCUBATORS!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    edited January 2022
    One thing covid brought to Disney? 

Its kind of nice having those hand sanitizer stations every 10 feet. 
    Seemed like every person working at those parks had a bottle of cleaning solution in their hands. 
  • Options
    So are kids, lol.

Everyday when you wake up and open the blinds you're presented with a beautiful gift!

It's wonderful to wake up in a new country (city/place) to explore daily!

And if that doesn't sell you... 24-hour room service.
  • Options
    tish said:
    tish said:

Very nice!

Very nice!!
    I’ve been on 3 cruises, everyone I ended up sick.  Cruises are nasty germ incubators…I’ll never do them again…plus they will bleed you dry if you like to consume some alcohol…

A cruise is a great place to eat and drink...That you could do at home much cheaper.

If you go and you like to drink, go for the "free drinking package".  It is beyond worth it at $8 a drink for 7 days.
  • Options
    tish said:
    Hehehehe

He paints a pretty picture.

NASTY GERM INCUBATORS!
    I definitely would avoid cruises during Covid.  Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of things to like about cruises…

I just prefer an all-inclusive in Mexico.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tish said:
    tish said:

Very nice!

Very nice!!

A cruise is a great place to eat and drink...That you could do at home much cheaper.

If you go and you like to drink, go for the "free drinking package".  It is beyond worth it at $8 a drink for 7 days.
    I did not know they offered those packages.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tish said:
    tish said:

Very nice!

Very nice!!

I did not know they offered those packages.  
    My cousin is a cruise whore.  He loves the damn things.  He doesn't leave the ship...

He looks into the promotions and what not that they offer and he always gets that one.

We had 40 of us go on a cruise together, almost all of us got the drinking package.  The cruise lost money on that trip...
  • Options
    One thing that should be interesting this time around? 

We are staying at one of the value resorts, All Star Sports. And the reason we chose this one is because it has basically gone through a complete renovation the last 2 years. It doesnt open until March (Pretty sure its March). Which basically means it will be a brand new hotel when we get there in May. Between the less expensive cost as compared to other resorts, and the fact that they will basically be brand new rooms, it just seemed like the smart thing to do. 

As much as I like the Swan and Dolphin, Im thinking this will work out just fine. 

• Options
    I was going to stay there too before we decided to try Universal. The downside is no hot tubs. I'm a hot tub junkie.
  • Options
    tish said:
    Yes.  After all there are no air-born virus on cruise ships..great advice.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tish said:
    The ships promote you to sanitize any chance you can.  "Washy washy, happy happy" was what we heard constantly, lol.
  • Options
    tish said:
    The ships promote you to sanitize any chance you can.  "Washy washy, happy happy" was what we heard constantly, lol.
    I prefer a nice beach in Mexico at this point…never got sick once at Mexican resort…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    One thing that should be interesting this time around? 

We are staying at one of the value resorts, All Star Sports. And the reason we chose this one is because it has basically gone through a complete renovation the last 2 years. It doesnt open until March (Pretty sure its March). Which basically means it will be a brand new hotel when we get there in May. Between the less expensive cost as compared to other resorts, and the fact that they will basically be brand new rooms, it just seemed like the smart thing to do. 

As much as I like the Swan and Dolphin, Im thinking this will work out just fine. 

So, I got a phone call from Disney 3 days ago. Looks like they over-booked the All Star Sports, and they have upgraded me to Port Orleans Riverside. 
    That is the 1st good news Kathy and I have had in over 3 months. 

Never been to Port Orleans Resort, but it looks spectacular! 
    Food options look great.
    Boat rides along the river to Disney Springs. 
    Place looks gorgeous.