Ten Commandos CD & Vinyl

124»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

I don't recall ever having to wait for an LP this far after the album's official release...

Veruca Salt's new album was up for pre-order last May, released in August, vinyl finally shipped end of January.
    And Joseph Arthur's last solo album (days of surrender) was released June 2015 and I just received the pre-ordered vinyl last month.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Vinyl has just landed in the UK.
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    Ditto New Zealand.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Sweet! Should be here soon then.
    Vinyl has arrived! :)
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    awesome.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    No download code. Is this gonna be the new thing? Kinda sucks when you pay top dollar for a record and they can't even float you a code.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

No download code. Is this gonna be the new thing? Kinda sucks when you pay top dollar for a record and they can't even float you a code.

Amen brother or sister
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."

If it's expensive to host the MP3's on a server why not just BitTorrent it? Send out the link & special password to the buyers so they can use this service. Few artists are using the BitTorrent service. The free MP3 download doesn't have to be V0 Lame or 320 kbps encoded high quality files. A normal 192 kbps encoded download of the album would be great.

http://gizmodo.com/why-bittorrent-could-be-the-future-of-buying-music-1552013828

Torrent this album

Today, Thom Yorke became the first artist to start selling his music using BitTorrent by offering his new album Tomorrow's Modern Boxes for download as a $6 BitTorrent bundle. Launched last year as an experimental project, BitTorrent Bundles are basically artist-sanctioned packages of multimedia files you download over the BitTorrent protocol exactly as you do anything else.

Some huge names like Moby and De La Soul have already used the service to distribute exclusive content in support of paid releases available elsewhere. Generally, this content was hidden behind a "gate," which you could only get past by giving up your email address. Yorke's record is the first to make use of a "paygate," which actually charges money. And he's putting his whole album behind it.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    If you don't own this album, what are you waiting for? it's one of my favourites, PJ-related or not. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    If you don't own this album, what are you waiting for? it's one of my favourites, PJ-related or not. 
    I'm just gonna admit that I haven't listened to this album all that much. I get records weekly and I only have so much time to sit in the record room and spin. I balance my listening between home and on my commute. Since this came with no DL code it didn't get much traction. Even the smallest no-name bands have downloads available with lp purchase on Bandcamp. I just think it's a bad move from a promotional standpoint not to include one with a record. 
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I like it a lot.  Was hoping for a tour or another album.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I like it a lot.  Was hoping for a tour or another album.
    yeah, I was hopeful when their website had a "live" section. Maybe it was just a template. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Is there a good place to get a digital copy of this album?
    KM73780 said:
    Is there a good place to get a digital copy of this album?

MP3 .. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016VG5V2S/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpd_1/131-9411933-2272057

• KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Thanks!
    No problemo!