6. Sketch 9 featuring Peter Frampton
7. Sporthalle
8. Four On The Floor
9. Aware
10. Invisibility

Ten Commandos is:
Matt Cameron (Soundgarden/Pearl Jam)
Ben Shepherd (Soundgarden)
Alain Johannes (Queens of the Stone Age/Eleven)
and Dimitri Coats (Off!).
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    edited October 2015
    http://pearljam.com/news/0/1/22744/ten_commandos

Ten Commandos
    October 08 2015

Introducing...Ten Commandos

Ten Commandos started early August 2008 after a conversation between Matt Cameron (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam) and Alain Johannes (Eleven, Queens of the Stone Age) following a memorial concert for Natasha Shneider (Eleven). Alain had the idea to write and record songs using Matt and Ben Shepherd (Soundgarden, Hater) as the rhythm section. The three convened in Seattle in late 2008 and for 7 days and wrote the bulk of the record. Matt and Alain’s schedules cleared up enough in the spring of 2014 to finally finish the songs in Seattle. With the addition of Dimitri Coats (OFF!, Burning Brides) on guitar, the band entered famed Studio Litho with engineer Don Gunn. In the summer of 2014, the band finished recording at studio 11ad in Hollywood CA. All members contributed in the writing of the record. Guest musicians include Mark Lanegan (Staring Down the Dust), NIkka Costa (Come) and legendary guitarist Peter Frampton (Sketch 9).
  • Options
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    That is a nice looking guitar!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

demetrios said:
    That is a nice looking guitar!
    Who's looking at the guitar? :lol: Matt looks very handsome :heart:
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Listened to the first single on iTunes, not my bag, but respect the musicianship.
  • Options
    REDVEDREDVED Posts: 65
    Pity the single not 7" but album should be decent
  • Options
    limited 10 c version? again
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Not interested
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Immediately bought.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Cool. Thanks!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

No one's going crazy for this vinyl release? It's on Monkeywrench records, so I'm thinking there won't be a ton of these released. Maybe something similar to the Mad season/Seattle Symphony? Just my thoughts.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432

No one's going crazy for this vinyl release? It's on Monkeywrench records, so I'm thinking there won't be a ton of these released. Maybe something similar to the Mad season/Seattle Symphony? Just my thoughts.

Wouldn't be surprised if people are waiting to see what comes up tomorrow, I know I am.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935

Immediately bought.

^this^ the line up is too immense to let it pass, THAT is a super band!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq said:

Immediately bought.

^this^ the line up is too immense to let it pass, THAT is a super band!
    Me three. I don't understand "waiting" until tomorrow. If something else worthy pops up, I'll buy that too lol
  • Options
    Yeah, I have a feeling that if they are dropping this today, tomorrow is going to be pretty big in terms of something that will cause site traffic. I would bet the farm it is something vinyl related. I just hope I remember to remember!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I decided that I would buy this if I liked the first single. I did not make the purchase.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/that_soundgarden_pearl_jam_qotsa_supergroup_is_streaming_debut_single_take_a_listen.html

That Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, QOTSA Supergroup Is Streaming Debut Single, Take a Listen

Ten Commandos, that supergroup featuring Soundgarden bassist Ben Shepherd, drummer Matt Cameron of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, frequent Queens of the Stone Age collaborator Alain Johannes, and Dimitri Coats of OFF!, is officially streaming its debut single.

Titled "Staring Down the Dust," the sludgy 3-minute ditty announces the band's yet-untitled debut album, tentatively due in November.

The band's story dates way back to 2008, while the first concrete reports of the band being active surfaced last year.

Mr. Coats, who will be handling the vocal duties in the band, previously commented: "There was just an instant chemistry and a really creative and open situation where everybody's passing around the guitar and throwing in ideas. I sort of felt like I was in the grunge Beatles."

Describing the vibe of the tunes, the musician added "It's a little bit like 'Superunknown,' that kind of era of Soundgarden, mixed with Alain's kind of Stevie Wonder vibe."
  • Options
    For those who aren't signed/don't want to sign up with Spotify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuCMkBOFwvI
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    From the email, no colored version of the Ten Commandos. Yet ...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    BeerBaron said:

I decided that I would buy this if I liked the first single. I did not make the purchase.

Yeah, despite some interesting work in it, I don't really like the single (to my surprise). I will have to hear the whole album before purchasing this. I haven't written it off yet though. As a complete album it could be really cool. I just think Mark Lanegan does a rather poor job of that single - it's really lacking emotion IMO - and I am a big Mark Lanegan fan, so that's too bad. That's my review after two listens anyway. Hoping it fits in better with the rest of the album.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Cool, another Pj side band that I have no interest in.
    Reissues? New music from the band? Waiting........
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Like it or not, the side bands help keep the band members invigorated. If all they are doing is Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam may not exist anymore.
  • Options
    Yeah, i appreciate all the side projects a lot. I'm glad they do them, and I'm sure it keeps them from getting bored.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

No one ever goes crazy for side project releases, usually. Not unless it's some kind of super limited thing or has variants, like Mike's music on vinyl, etc. Basically, unless people think the value of the record is going to skyrocket, the side projects stay in the shop almost indefinitely. Even Uke Songs was in the shop for a couple of years, and that one has managed to gain a some value since then..... Goes to show what the priorities are for a lot of 10C members. :neutral:
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604

Unfortunately you'll be waiting for awhile.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    demetrios said:

What email?
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

demetrios said:

What email?
    Latest 10club newsletter. http://eepurl.com/bB57LD

When the Mad Season Symphony Vinyl was mentioned that the CD & vinyl were on sale in the 10club newsletter they included a contest for the colored vinyl. It didn't say & nobody knew we could also score one of those colored vinyls randomly at the 10club store if we pre ordered a copy. This newsletter, no colored vinyl contest, and it didn't say this vinyl release of Ten Commandos will have any colored vinyl versions so, you know ...
  • Options
    Not totally feeling this yest. The tune is great but the timing of the vocals is wierd. I'll give it a few more spins.
  • Options

Ten Commandos @10Commandos The track #StaringDownTheDust is now on iTunes: http://hyperurl.co/ah0qrl
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Shipping confirmation received, on the CD. :)
    Post edited by demetrios on