Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    mcgruff10 said:
    Love this show! 
    One of my favorite touring years for sure.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    2000 was their best tour by far and I saw them every year from 95 to 04
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    2000 was their best tour by far and I saw them every year from 95 to 04
    100%  that whole era of Lillywhite from 2000 to about 2004 was amazing. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Did lillywhite turn into busted stuff? (I am far from a dmb expert).  
    But agree that 2000 was an awesome tour, I love playing those boots loud. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes.  A few songs didn't make the final cut,  like Sweet up and down.  I prefer the lillywhite because we all heard that first when it leaked.  Plus the songs are a bit less polished,  more live like,  IMO. 

My favorite is Live Trax 2, from 2000 in Connecticut.  Chock full of lillywhite and amazing cuts of the songs. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes.  A few songs didn't make the final cut,  like Sweet up and down.  I prefer the lillywhite because we all heard that first when it leaked.  Plus the songs are a bit less polished,  more live like,  IMO. 

My favorite is Live Trax 2, from 2000 in Connecticut.  Chock full of lillywhite and amazing cuts of the songs. 
    I ll have to check that boot out.  Does bartender still make regular appearances in the set?  That song is definitely my favorite from that era. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I ll have to check that boot out.  Does bartender still make regular appearances in the set?  That song is definitely my favorite from that era. 
    Hell yeah.  In Charlottesville last winter,  they opened with Big Eye Fish flowing into Bartender.  If you want anything at all,  hit me up.  I have basically everything.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    mrussel1 said:
    WH still has early entry, right? No issues in the past with early entry for me getting whatever I want. However, I've never done the Gorge and don't know how that works there. If the lines are crazy, I'm gonna wait until mid-show and see what they have left. I really should slow down with the merch anyway.

I am intrigued by the email you mention though. I don't remember that from last time. Is that just for posters or all tour merch?
    AT like 515, they start handing out random numbers and do that until like 6 something.  And then they call the number and that person is first and then I think they go in order after that or something.  The point is, your chances are equal whether you're there at the crack of dawn up until the number hand out ends.  You'll get an email a few days prior with the details.  
    Kudos to DMB for implementing this system. Pearl Jam HQ should take note. This is the best way to handle GA for the majority of people involved: fans, venue, city, etc.
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Hell yeah.  In Charlottesville last winter,  they opened with Big Eye Fish flowing into Bartender.  If you want anything at all,  hit me up.  I have basically everything.  
    Awesome bud, thanks and will do. Currently Packing for obx!!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

They played these two back to back at the show I went to July 3. It was awesome! 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Awesome bud, thanks and will do. Currently Packing for obx!!
    Let me know how you like it! Safe driving!
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

They played these two back to back at the show I went to July 3. It was awesome! 
    Big Eyed Bartender..
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Big Eyed Bartender..
    I can’t get these songs out of my head now. Lol. Gonna have to throw on some Dave to close out the afternoon. 
    shit, I just realized I was at this show!

Live Trax Vol. 40: Madison Square Garden
    LIVE TRAX 40: 12.21.2002 MADISON SQ GARDEN, NEW YORK, NY 

On December 21, 2002 DMB fans were treated to one of the most exciting collaborations in the band's history - James Brown and members of his Soul Generals joined Dave Matthews Band, and members of Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe for Brown’s classic “Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine.” This incredible guest appearance shows Brown trading dance moves with Dave, and concludes an epic 25-minute funk session of "So Much To Say > Anyone Seen the Bridge? > Too Much > Get Up.” While an obvious highlight of the evening, it is not the only one. “Seek Up” features superb performances from both LeRoi Moore and Butch Taylor, while the evening’s momentous encore of “Halloween > Ants Marching” could not have closed out a multi-night, sold out run at NYC’s preeminent Madison Square Garden in better fashion.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    That show sounds unreal. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Seeing DMB for only the second time in a couple weeks (first time since ‘98). Anyone know of there’s an opener on this tour? Can’t find any info floating around.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    DC29940 said:
    Seeing DMB for only the second time in a couple weeks (first time since ‘98). Anyone know of there’s an opener on this tour? Can’t find any info floating around.
    Unless something changed on the west coast leg, then no.  No opener. They come on about 815 play until just before 11. 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:
    Unless something changed on the west coast leg, then no.  No opener. They come on about 815 play until just before 11. 
    Awesome! Thanks
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    https://twitter.com/davematthewsbnd/status/1167069431706640385?s=21

Did you guys see this?  Strange way to release a show.  If anyone is going to the Gorge and is planning to pick up a copy, I'd love one as well.  Can compensate for the product and throw in a few blu rays of your choice as well (not necessarily DMB only).
    mrussel1 said:
    https://twitter.com/davematthewsbnd/status/1167069431706640385?s=21

Did you guys see this?  Strange way to release a show.  If anyone is going to the Gorge and is planning to pick up a copy, I'd love one as well.  Can compensate for the product and throw in a few blu rays of your choice as well (not necessarily DMB only).
    Oh man that is sweet!!! Hopefully they release it in the shop.  

What does it say for us not in the twitterverse? It says my account (that I do not have) isn’t available to see it. 
    What does it say for us not in the twitterverse? It says my account (that I do not have) isn’t available to see it. 
    I wish I knew how to post the Twitter picture (if someone can tell me, I'll do it).  But it is the announcement of the release of the newest DMBLive vinyl.  5 records from Nov 98, Philadelphia show.  The bad news is that it's only available at the Gorge this weekend.  Hopefully they will sell it from the Warehouse once they are back off tour.  
    I would love that. Hopefully it does. Thank you for letting me know. 👍🏽
    Hopefully @disilluzion was able to score one of these beauties last night.

• manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Love Sperry's work. Have one from an Alpine Valley show that is awesome.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Anyone go to the Gorge shows this weekend? How were they. First nights setlist looks the best but you never know. 
  • Sorry @mrussel1, I was off the grid for a few weeks. First day back at work with over 1000 emails. Busy, busy.

I totally get it about Wrigley, as I'm sure most people didn't want their cameras getting wet. I also need to express my disappointment about the posters. First night was $60, then they bumped it to $75 for N2. Is this normal for DMB?

Also, since @pearljammr78 asked, I would say N1>N3>N2. Had a great time there, and got to hit up all the Twin Peaks locations along the way. Anyway, couldn't have asked for better weather the entire weekend. Loads of fun.
    Sorry @mrussel1, I was off the grid for a few weeks. First day back at work with over 1000 emails. Busy, busy.

I totally get it about Wrigley, as I'm sure most people didn't want their cameras getting wet. I also need to express my disappointment about the posters. First night was $60, then they bumped it to $75 for N2. Is this normal for DMB?

Also, since @pearljammr78 asked, I would say N1>N3>N2. Had a great time there, and got to hit up all the Twin Peaks locations along the way. Anyway, couldn't have asked for better weather the entire weekend. Loads of fun.
    Prints have been 50-60 all tour.  The 75 one is because it was a Sperry.  Considering how many people flip and that Sperry's go for 300-500, I can't really blame them.  
  • Sorry @mrussel1, I was off the grid for a few weeks. First day back at work with over 1000 emails. Busy, busy.

Awesome. Glad you had a great time and the weather was sweet. Thanks for the reply! 
  • Thanks, @pearljammr78! We were doing an Alaskan cruise which just happened to get back a few days before the Gorge, so I thought, why not? Never again, logistically speaking, but had to see what all the fuss was about.